FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Gifting Gold status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1946305-gifting-gold-status.html)

kevinhd Dec 17, 18 11:09 am

Gifting Gold status
 
Hello,
with 60+ nights in a calender year a member can gift Gold status to one other member. I will achieve those 60 nights with my very last stay in 2018 at the end of december. So the nights shall show up at the very beginning of 2019. Will i still be able to gift gold status to someone or is the year end / beginning date a problem?

smmrfld Dec 17, 18 11:18 am


Originally Posted by kevinhd (Post 30545509)
Hello,
with 60+ nights in a calender year a member can gift Gold status to one other member. I will achieve those 60 nights with my very last stay in 2018 at the end of december. So the nights shall show up at the very beginning of 2019. Will i still be able to gift gold status to someone or is the year end / beginning date a problem?

Yes, you have until the end of January to gift status.

lcohen999 Dec 17, 18 7:41 pm

Where on the website do you gift the status

I cannot find it

smmrfld Dec 17, 18 8:17 pm


Originally Posted by lcohen999 (Post 30547201)
Where on the website do you gift the status

I cannot find it

https://giftstatus.hilton.com/

lax 100K Dec 17, 18 8:17 pm

www.hiltonhonors.com/giftstatus

fjacobs Dec 18, 18 4:56 am


Originally Posted by kevinhd (Post 30545509)
Hello,
with 60+ nights in a calender year a member can gift Gold status to one other member. I will achieve those 60 nights with my very last stay in 2018 at the end of december. So the nights shall show up at the very beginning of 2019. Will i still be able to gift gold status to someone or is the year end / beginning date a problem?

Hi, do you already have someone in mind?

kevinhd Dec 18, 18 11:00 am


Originally Posted by fjacobs (Post 30548254)
Hi, do you already have someone in mind?

Hello,

yes i do. If he / she does not want the status i will get back on here.

As far as i understand one can gift the status each year again if he has 60+ nights in that particular calender year, is that correct? So it is not a once in a liftetime option?

flysmart2 Dec 18, 18 11:38 am

Good luck.
I tried to gift gold status.
Nothing happens after the five workdays.

Then:
Mail to the Diamond Desk - no answer
Mail to the Diamond Desk again - no answer
Paging Lauren -> now there is help
Tried it again with the gift - nothing happens
Mail to an European HHonors Adress - oh, an answer after ten days. First they need some datas to identify me, then we will see...

Frustrating!

fjacobs Dec 20, 18 1:29 am


Originally Posted by kevinhd (Post 30549405)
Hello,

yes i do. If he / she does not want the status i will get back on here.

As far as i understand one can gift the status each year again if he has 60+ nights in that particular calender year, is that correct? So it is not a once in a liftetime option?

Thank you.

ocprodigy Dec 20, 18 7:14 am


Originally Posted by flysmart2 (Post 30549619)
Good luck.
I tried to gift gold status.
Nothing happens after the five workdays.

Then:
Mail to the Diamond Desk - no answer
Mail to the Diamond Desk again - no answer
Paging Lauren -> now there is help
Tried it again with the gift - nothing happens
Mail to an European HHonors Adress - oh, an answer after ten days. First they need some datas to identify me, then we will see...

Frustrating!

I tried once, didn't work. Phoned Diamond Desk and mentioned it. Told me to re-apply. Re-applied - done within 3 days.

guywhocan Jan 9, 19 6:10 pm

I am a diamond Hilton status. If i make a reservation in my name and add my friend as an additional guest, then he should get free breakfast at Doubletrees, and any other diamond perks, correct?

why can’t I just keep repeating this strategy? Why do I need to gift Hilton status at all?

smmrfld Jan 9, 19 6:35 pm


Originally Posted by guywhocan (Post 30634399)
I am a diamond Hilton status. If i make a reservation in my name and add my friend as an additional guest, then he should get free breakfast at Doubletrees, and any other diamond perks, correct?

why canít I just keep repeating this strategy? Why do I need to gift Hilton status at all?

Nope...YMMV. HH isnít required to provide your perks to someone else if youíre not there.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:19 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.