Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Cookie Experiences

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Those cookies are SO BAD for you. I was assured of this once by a Doubletree exec. If you eat more than one per month it ought to affect your insurance rates.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, Delta
When I first started staying at Doubletree Hotels the cookie sleeve was twice as long and contained two cookies. So between my wife and I we would end up with 4 cookies at check in. Unfortunately I would eat all 4 of them so I was glad when the dropped it down to one per sleeve. Now I just eat two.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:51 am

Tried the ones in Amsterdam and they were good!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: just above cargo
A special Amsterdam cookie might be the only one I'd try. Otherwise, I avoid them like the plague. They're foul and having them warmed up is an abomination.
smmrfld likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've never had an issue with getting more cookies anywhere I've stayed. Stayed in the DT in KL and the cookies were harder than the ones in the US or Canada. (On checking out of a Canadian one, I was handed 6 cookies.)
Old Dec 7, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One reason I asked was that I won a tin can of cookies in London at check-in. I was not so sure about eating all that sugar but how can you turn down free cookies or throw them out

I took them at check-out and brought them back. They seemed less sweet than those in the US DoubleTrees. I ate one every morning and now actually miss it.

I guess I will compare their nutritional facts with the US ones to see if they are different.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by danielonn
Tried the ones in Amsterdam and they were good!
Originally Posted by secretbunnyboy
A special Amsterdam cookie might be the only one I'd try.
Hmm. Now I'm curious what's so unique about these cookies from Amsterdam...

David
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Off topic, but Hampton Inns in the US place muchas cookies in a container at the front desk in the afternoons.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've stayed at the Doubletree just north of SFO many times. Always able to get cookies whenever you want. Just go to the front desk and ask. I am lifetime Diamond but they have never asked my status or even if I am actually staying there. But the staff is really good and helpful.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
I avoid them, really not good for you.... I can't fathom wanting more than one!
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
I've never been offered more than one at the various locations I've stayed at in US/Can, but one is more than enough. I find them too cloyingly sweet.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I wonder if we can prove the US version is sweeter, maybe we can have a petition to make them less sweet? Regardless, these things are not good for you.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:48 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by username
One reason I asked was that I won a tin can of cookies in London at check-in. I was not so sure about eating all that sugar but how can you turn down free cookies or throw them out

I took them at check-out and brought them back. They seemed less sweet than those in the US DoubleTrees. I ate one every morning and now actually miss it.

I guess I will compare their nutritional facts with the US ones to see if they are different.
I bet we are talking about the doubletree Greenwich here yeah?

Interesting debate, timfountain and smmrfld are adamant they are bad for us........ are we talking about the sugar content here?....... it sounds like from the debate that the US cookies are more sugary than the UK ones perhaps?
username likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:49 am

At most UK Doubletrees I've stayed in, I've been told at check in to just ask when passing by if I ever want any extra cookies. I've never taken them up on that offer, although perhaps they offer it to me as I look like someone who enjoys a good extra cookie or two!!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA, OZ
I only get 1 when I check in the Toronto Double Tree. But I remember in Niagara Double Tree, they baked in the afternoon and let anyone take as much as they want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.