Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Hilton Brand Coming In 2019 - Signia Hilton

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hilton Brand Coming In 2019 - Signia Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by indufan
This story indicates Indianapolis, Atlanta and Orlando. https://www.wthr.com/article/new-hil...apolis-skyline
Orlando is a conversion of the Hilton Bonnet Creek, not a new build.
indufan likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:41 pm

So now we have.....

Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Canopy by Hilton
Curio—A Collection by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton
Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn
Hampton by Hilton
Tru by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton
Hilton Grand Vacation
Motto
Signia
LXR

Did I miss any?

Last edited by Doctorslices; Feb 22, 2019 at 1:52 pm Reason: Edit to add LXR. Thanks Banking Scot :)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Doctorslices
So now we have.....

Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Canopy by Hilton
Curio—A Collection by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton
Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton
Hilton Garden Inn
Hampton by Hilton
Tru by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton
Hilton Grand Vacation
Motto
Signia

Did I miss any?
Hi,

Good list.
I think you missed
L X R (https://lxrhotels3.hilton.com/lxr/)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
I read that Indianapolis turns down 200 conferences per year and perhaps Atlanta has similar numbers. Surely, that has factored into this decision.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Another brand (another?, another??) with no lounge options. I think lounges will be as dead as the dodo in 10 years. Customer feedback, don't you know!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Hilton Launches New Brand

Hilton would be served well by a convention hotel offering that played in the market segment above our flagship brand of Hilton Hotels & Resorts, but not quite in the luxury category
IOW, we admit a bunch of the older flagship Hilton's are really bad so we're starting over with what Hiltons ought to be. Signia will be a signal to guests that this hotel isn't a dump.

because when you’re building out 800 to 1,000 guestrooms, you can’t necessarily invest in luxury finishes.
So, a step above the regular Hilton product, plus 500 - 1,000 rooms. IOW, Grand Hyatt. Except Grand Hyatt's have to have two restaurants. Let's hope no developer tries to build an 800 room Signia with only one restaurant.

I don't want to sound negative because I think if Hilton can find developers who want to build these, hey, good for them. It's just that I think there are few locations for this category. Phoenix built that 1000 room convention center Sheraton. It lost a fortune and they finally sold it off at a huge loss.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Sounds like they were losing opportunities because they couldn't just stick a full service Hilton near another full service Hilton and there are developers that didn't want Conrad, Waldorf or Doubletree -so this is their workaround.
missamo80 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Hilton San Diego Bayfront would be a great conversion to this sort of brand... almost seems like a no brainer.

I'm also wondering about one of the two properties in Union Square in San Francisco...

Orlando Bonnet Creek does get conferences but comes off as more of a family property due to the area... not entirely sure that is the greatest conversion.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:41 am

Fairmont SJ to become a Signia

Looks like the bankrupt Fairmont in downtown San Jose will become a Signia:
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/05/...-estate-covid/

“The Hilton bid contemplates that the hotel will assume the name ‘Signia by Hilton San Jose’ or another name that includes ‘Signia’ in it and that it will be managed by Hilton upon its reopening,” bankruptcy court records show.

A reopening date isn’t known yet for the financially troubled hotel.

“Upon reopening, the hotel would feature, among other things, 805 guest rooms, approximately 51,210 square feet of meeting space, a spa and fitness facility, an outdoor pool facility, and a ‘Club Signia’ lounge,” the bankruptcy documents show.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:35 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Sounds like they were losing opportunities because they couldn't just stick a full service Hilton near another full service Hilton and there are developers that didn't want Conrad, Waldorf or Doubletree -so this is their workaround.

Lol.. this was reminding me of Lewis Black's standup routine about the Starbucks across the street from another Starbucks in Houston.... the End of the Universe...
Old May 29, 2021, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Most of the brands need to be dumped. They are too confusing and have very little differentiation to be worthwhile.
SPN Lifer and dlaue like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Most of the brands need to be dumped. They are too confusing and have very little differentiation to be worthwhile.
You know when there's too many brands when you see the following and think, hey another Hilton brand: Booking Cancelled by Hilton

David
Rare likes this.
Old May 30, 2021, 2:49 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I get that Hilton is going after Marriott Marquis with Signia, but does Signia deserve to be a standalone brand? Marriott Marquis is embedded within the larger Marriott brand and has subtle differentiation, but properties carrying the name are otherwise regular Marriotts. It seems Hilton just wants to fill out some niches and bolster their offerings to prove they can compete. I’d love to just see Signia folded within Hilton - Hell, they can even name the relevant properties Signia Hilton X as was the original plan rather than Signia by Hilton now.

khabah
Old May 30, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jn in ca
Hilton Launches New Brand

IOW, we admit a bunch of the older flagship Hilton's are really bad so we're starting over with what Hiltons ought to be. Signia will be a signal to guests that this hotel isn't a dump.

If Hilton really wanted to impress people they should renovate, rebuild, or deflag all US Full Service Hilton Hotels. Why have all of these new builds if the old places are dumps? Doesn't this actually hurt the business at the veteran properties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.