Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, SPG
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Key West / The Keys Collection {US-FL}

Looks like a recently launched (correction - 2016) property. Seems to be a good alternative to the two WA that don't really impress anybody. Has anyone stayed there recently? I am thinking about trying it out. Will report afterwards.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some mentions can be found in the other Key West property thread. For example, see::
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Grand Key - Key West {US-FL}
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by wadewei
Looks like a recently launched (correction - 2016) property. Seems to be a good alternative to the two WA that don't really impress anybody. Has anyone stayed there recently? I am thinking about trying it out. Will report afterwards.
Had a good stay here in Feb 2018. Rooms are pretty standard (=fine), breakfast was HGI standard (=very good), pool area and bar was very pleasant.
Quite a way out of town but the shuttle is convenient, if quite expensive. We snagged a good rate incl shuttle which at the time was cheaper than other rates without.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH, SPG
Originally Posted by sbams
Had a good stay here in Feb 2018. Rooms are pretty standard (=fine), breakfast was HGI standard (=very good), pool area and bar was very pleasant.
Quite a way out of town but the shuttle is convenient, if quite expensive. We snagged a good rate incl shuttle which at the time was cheaper than other rates without.
Cool! What was the rate plan that includes shuttle?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by wadewei
Cool! What was the rate plan that includes shuttle?
Couldn't remember the rate name so just did a search on a random date and it comes up as "Old Town Shuttle Package". It wasn't cheaper than the Honors Discount AP though (it was for the dates of my stay, just lucky I guess).
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: HH D
An unexpected guest ended up in the pool at the Hilton Garden Inn Key West after being caught driving at 86 miles per hour in the 35 mph Key deer conservation zone - according to this local news story. (video)
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:31 pm

Meh...

Stayed here Aug 27-29. Gold member. Not sure I'd stay there again (I'd be willing to pay 2x as much elsewhere for a much improved ambiance). My opinion is colored by a 1-night stay at the end of my trip at the Margaritaville resort - totally different (much, much better) ambiance/location for $299/nt vs $125/nt.

HGI details:
  • $10 credit/person for breakfast. Continental breakfast is about that price ($9.50 or $10.50?). Hot items (by order only) are another few bucks each. There is no self-serve hot buffet.
  • There is NOT a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel (even though it's listed as perk under the $25 per day resort fee; apparently their clever wording of "scheduled service" gives them an out).
  • Two free drinks (alcoholic or otherwise) per day is nice. Pool bar isn't open in the mornings. Hotel bar seemed to be the same, but maybe could order during breakfast hours between 7-10A?
  • Hotel had a free shuttle to/from old town (Waterfront Brewery). Hourly from the hotel (from 9 am?), on the half hour from the brewery back to the hotel. IIRC, the return shuttle ends at 10:30 pm.
Overall, the hotel was just ok - you get what you pay for.

Edit: Requested a 2 pm checkout. They allowed a 1 pm checkout, which we appreciated very much!

Last edited by illa bells2; Sep 1, 2022 at 6:17 pm Reason: Additional info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.