Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City East Side Gallery {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Berlin City East Side Gallery {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:02 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Thanks! My stay has just been extended and my location is flexible on both halves of my trip so I am going to try both.

I am not really a big breakfast person at any hotel so this will be a choice based on location as suggested for each half of the trip - thanks!
Which did you end up liking better, if you ended up trying both?

Originally Posted by Fanjet
I haven't stayed at either of these two properties, only a few times at the one near Ku'damm. However, I know exactly where these two hotels are located, and the one at Alexanderplatz has much better access to the overall transportation network than the East Side Gallery one: U-Bahn (3 lines), S-Bahn (the same lines which run through the WarschauerStr. station), RB trains, several different tram lines, as well as main bus lines.

Depending on what you plan on doing while you are there, you might just find yourself always going over Alexanderplatz (or connecting there) if you end up staying at the East Side Gallery location. However, WarschauerStr. station is only 3 stops away from Alexanderplatz station (5 or 6 minutes). So, I guess it might just come down to the price each property is charging for your stay (if it's coming out of your own pocket).
Originally Posted by 8mh
Yeah, but the East Side Gallery location is not good. You'll be much more flexible off the Alexanderplatz location. There's really no point staying at that Hampton as long as the area is dead due to all the club closures and such.
Is the East Side Gallery location, better now that the clubs are slowly opening?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 5:40 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
Which did you end up liking better, if you ended up trying both?
I ended up staying at the Hampton Berlin City West and Hampton Berlin City East Side Gallery (for one night).

I had big issues during my stay with the east side gallery but the GM and Front Office staff sorted it out.

Location wise, I prefer City West personally - its easier to go around the city with the Zoo.

Sorry couldn't really help much!
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What were the issues?
Old Nov 29, 2023, 5:49 pm

Any recent reviews of this place? I also read on an old post on Tripadvisor that although the breakfast is complimentary, they charge you tax on that breakfast? Is this true, as I never have encountered this in Germany. Also, does anyone know when breakfast commences on the weekend? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.