FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Are physical Diamond Membership Cards still available? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1942676-physical-diamond-membership-cards-still-available.html)

Buzzardgut Nov 27, 2018 10:30 am

Are physical Diamond Membership Cards still available?

I had a diamond card before but looks like there's a new design. Are physical ones still available to request?

smmrfld Nov 27, 2018 10:47 am

You can print one online...but why? No use at all.

ColOrd Nov 27, 2018 11:01 am

I agree I would like one, I always used to request my Silver and Gold Card just to have a shiny bit of plastic, it seams like they have dropped it completely now that I made Diamond!

Forever in Seattle Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm

You can request them when logged into the website , but they still take some time to turn up. I can't find the page where you do it as half of the account pages after the great IT upgrade of Oct18 are still broken.

daloosh Nov 30, 2018 2:11 am

I think I know where my Diamond card is, in a pile of other things I never use. But is there even a possible use? Like with Skyteam, sometimes you need your actual Delta card for lounge access at a partner lounge, for example. Anything like that?

HawkeyeFlyer Dec 1, 2018 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by daloosh (Post 30482739)
I think I know where my Diamond card is, in a pile of other things I never use. But is there even a possible use? Like with Skyteam, sometimes you need your actual Delta card for lounge access at a partner lounge, for example. Anything like that?

I agree. What is the use of the Diamond (or any hilton status card). Complete waste of money to manufacture them

Alex_I Dec 1, 2018 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by daloosh (Post 30482739)

- This August I was asked to show my physical Diamond card on a shuttle bus from Hilton Dublin airport to DUB terminal. Otherwise the driver was collecting a few Euros for the ride.

:D! Dec 1, 2018 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Alex_I (Post 30489018)
- This August I was asked to show my physical Diamond card on a shuttle bus from Hilton Dublin airport to DUB terminal. Otherwise the driver was collecting a few Euros for the ride.

Did the driver specifically not accept a digital card?

Beano Dec 2, 2018 8:20 am

is the shuttle free for Hilton members ? Or just diamond

GentleGiant Dec 2, 2018 8:36 am

True, but they will accept where it says Diamond in the app. No issues.

skywalkerLAX Dec 2, 2018 8:51 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer (Post 30488272)
I agree. What is the use of the Diamond (or any hilton status card). Complete waste of money to manufacture them

Novelty and pampering of the Elite Members to make them feel important and proud of their achievement. Can't buy that with money, at least not a few cents production cost for a piece of plastic.

Zelucifer Dec 2, 2018 10:26 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 30490450)
Novelty and pampering of the Elite Members to make them feel important and proud of their achievement. Can't buy that with money, at least not a few cents production cost for a piece of plastic.

Do you know who I am? /s Although personally I don't mind having stuff like that. It goes with my keepsakes in a "scrapbook" that gets looked at once or twice a year.

COSPILOT Dec 2, 2018 10:39 am

You have an older generation such as my father that isn't "smartphone savvy", the same older people that prefer a phonebook over internet search. It's nice that the younger generation doesn't care, but after traveling with my father last week, a plastic card with his status on it is important to him.

skywalkerLAX Dec 2, 2018 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Zelucifer (Post 30490696)
Do you know who I am? /s Although personally I don't mind having stuff like that. It goes with my keepsakes in a "scrapbook" that gets looked at once or twice a year.

Without these cards I'd now miss countless pieces of memory to look back on over the last decade or two. And who would give up the trademark Up In The Air membership card battle!? :P

skywalkerLAX Dec 2, 2018 11:06 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT (Post 30490731)
You have an older generation such as my father that isn't "smartphone savvy", the same older people that prefer a phonebook over internet search. It's nice that the younger generation doesn't care, but after traveling with my father last week, a plastic card with his status on it is important to him.

And I totally get him. We get hundreds of emails each day, lots of it spam. If we give a lot of business to a certain hospitality company I actually like an actual letter sent to me once or twice a year and see that this company can do more than digital spamming. YMMV