Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Are physical Diamond Membership Cards still available?

Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN A+/CP, HH Diamond

I had a diamond card before but looks like there's a new design. Are physical ones still available to request?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:47 am

You can print one online...but why? No use at all.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: VS Flying Club (Gold), BA Exec Club (Silver), Hilton Honors (Diamond)
I agree I would like one, I always used to request my Silver and Gold Card just to have a shiny bit of plastic, it seams like they have dropped it completely now that I made Diamond!
Buzzardgut and redeyedonkey like this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
You can request them when logged into the website , but they still take some time to turn up. I can't find the page where you do it as half of the account pages after the great IT upgrade of Oct18 are still broken.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I think I know where my Diamond card is, in a pile of other things I never use. But is there even a possible use? Like with Skyteam, sometimes you need your actual Delta card for lounge access at a partner lounge, for example. Anything like that?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by daloosh
I think I know where my Diamond card is, in a pile of other things I never use. But is there even a possible use? Like with Skyteam, sometimes you need your actual Delta card for lounge access at a partner lounge, for example. Anything like that?
I agree. What is the use of the Diamond (or any hilton status card). Complete waste of money to manufacture them
daloosh likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by daloosh
- This August I was asked to show my physical Diamond card on a shuttle bus from Hilton Dublin airport to DUB terminal. Otherwise the driver was collecting a few Euros for the ride.
daloosh likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:26 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Alex_I
- This August I was asked to show my physical Diamond card on a shuttle bus from Hilton Dublin airport to DUB terminal. Otherwise the driver was collecting a few Euros for the ride.
Did the driver specifically not accept a digital card?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
is the shuttle free for Hilton members ? Or just diamond
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
True, but they will accept where it says Diamond in the app. No issues.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
I agree. What is the use of the Diamond (or any hilton status card). Complete waste of money to manufacture them
Novelty and pampering of the Elite Members to make them feel important and proud of their achievement. Can't buy that with money, at least not a few cents production cost for a piece of plastic.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Novelty and pampering of the Elite Members to make them feel important and proud of their achievement. Can't buy that with money, at least not a few cents production cost for a piece of plastic.
Do you know who I am? /s Although personally I don't mind having stuff like that. It goes with my keepsakes in a "scrapbook" that gets looked at once or twice a year.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
You have an older generation such as my father that isn't "smartphone savvy", the same older people that prefer a phonebook over internet search. It's nice that the younger generation doesn't care, but after traveling with my father last week, a plastic card with his status on it is important to him.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Do you know who I am? /s Although personally I don't mind having stuff like that. It goes with my keepsakes in a "scrapbook" that gets looked at once or twice a year.
Without these cards I'd now miss countless pieces of memory to look back on over the last decade or two. And who would give up the trademark Up In The Air membership card battle!? :P
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
You have an older generation such as my father that isn't "smartphone savvy", the same older people that prefer a phonebook over internet search. It's nice that the younger generation doesn't care, but after traveling with my father last week, a plastic card with his status on it is important to him.
And I totally get him. We get hundreds of emails each day, lots of it spam. If we give a lot of business to a certain hospitality company I actually like an actual letter sent to me once or twice a year and see that this company can do more than digital spamming. YMMV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.