Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Smile [Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Hi All,

I've been away for work a fair bit this year and am due to cross over the 100 nights threshold this week This gives me the opportunity to gift Diamond status to someone, which I believe would be valid until March 2020 (?). I've asked both my family & friends (they don't stay in Hiltons much) and my work colleagues (they all have Gold / Diamond status already) but no takers, so I've decided to gift this to someone who would be able to take advantage of it but wouldn't necessarily be able to earn Diamond the traditional way.

So with that out the way, here's the deal (as the gifter I make the rules):
  • Do you live in Europe (I believe our friends across the ocean have much easier access to Diamond)?
  • Are you Member / Silver level in the Hilton Honors scheme and have had a stay in the past 6 months?
  • Do you have upcoming Hilton stay(s) for your holiday / vacation and would benefit from free breakfast and lounge access?
Then please leave a comment below I will pick at random a poster and having confirmed the above will gift you Diamond status the beginning of December (think of it as an early Christmas present )

Thanks all,
-X

For clarification: I will be taking all the names from this thread (that wish to participate) and feed them into a computer program that will pick at random. I will then confirm via PM you meet the rules outlined above and will then submit the form to get you Diamond status (please allow around a week for Hilton to process this), thanks and good luck!

Congratulations to redeyedonkey for winning the raffle! I hope you celebrate your new Diamond status with as much breakfast and wine as is feasibly possible
sebseb, Gnopps, johnndor and 20 others like this.

Last edited by Xailter; Dec 3, 2018 at 3:21 am Reason: Winning announcement!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 5:27 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Admirable! Sorry to not to be a silver member...
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My partner and I have two of these and I was wondering what would be the most optimum date to give this away to maximise it for a friend? Ideally want as long as possible.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
My partner and I have two of these and I was wondering what would be the most optimum date to give this away to maximise it for a friend? Ideally want as long as possible.
Although I'd be perfectly happy to be upgraded to Diamond, I am also mostly curious about whether optimising the date matters. After all, completing a challenge / fast track early in a year usually means you get the rest of that year and all of the following year...
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Xailter
Hi All,

I've been away for work a fair bit this year and am due to cross over the 100 nights threshold this week
-X
Do they prompt you that you can do this? Or do you need to be proactive and contact them? I hit 100 nights a while ago but never received anything. Like you, I'm unsure who I could give it to anyway!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrvincent
Do they prompt you that you can do this? Or do you need to be proactive and contact them? I hit 100 nights a while ago but never received anything. Like you, I'm unsure who I could give it to anyway!
It's a listed benefit on the HHonors member benefits page but you have to dig around a little to find the form. It's here: h t t p s : / / giftstatus . hilton . com/ (I can't post URLs it seems).

At 60 nights (achieving Diamond 'normally') you can gift Gold to an HHonors member. At 100 nights you can gift Diamond to an HHonors member if you haven't previously gifted Gold, or the person you gifted Gold to is automatically upgraded to Diamond (no intervention required on your part).

I believe if you don't gift by the end of your membership year (end of March usually) then you lose the ability to gift status unless you meet the above criteria again - so you should gift it ASAP to your friends & family!

-X
Old Nov 27, 2018, 7:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP MM, HH Diamond
Really nice of you if no family/friends are interested.
Was diamond years ago, currently gold but with only 9 stays this year (due caring for mother with dementia until recently) will "fall" to silver.
Last stay was Oct 18 and looking to get back travelling a fair bit next year both UK and back to the USA for several trips.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xailter
Do you live in Europe (I believe our friends across the ocean have much easier access to Diamond)?
You are correct for Americans: we have an easy path to Diamond.

But I don't think Canadians do. You might consider expanding your generous offer to our northern neighbors.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
That is a very thoughtful and generous offer you post.
it will probably get a lot of attention over the coming days and lots of responses.
i live in UK and am currently Diamond but will drop to Silver on March 31st staying just shy of 40 nights all paid from my own pocket for leisure.
Have 10 nights booked for Jan 2019, another 10 for April 2019 and another 10 for June 2019.
probably a lot more deserving people on here but I wouldn't say no !!!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Very nice gesture OP.

As an existing diamond member until March 2020 I'll have to sit this one out which is shame as it might have been fun coming up with a sob story about it being my Grandma's dying wish to get executive club lounge access and a late check out next year.
Xailter, NWplatinum and PaulH1 like this.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Nice...this Canadian probably wouldn't use it enuf, so I'd hate to waste it...but a very thoughtful offer!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:36 am

Very generous gesture! Yes please OP
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
A very kind offer. I wouldn't say no to it if offered and have some Hilton stays coming up.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: All
I would be most appreciative of the gifted Diamond status as I am preparing some family vacation trips to visit some relatives we have not seen in many years.

I live in Europe and would be most grateful.

Thank you for your kindness and generosity !
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: A|Club
Hi Xailter,

Thank you for this offer, it's much appreciated.

I live in Portugal and I fulfill all the three rules you've mentioned, so, please feel free to count with me! :-)

Thank you, once again.

Last edited by tapflyer; Nov 27, 2018 at 10:49 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.