Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces {US-NM}

Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces {US-NM}

Old Nov 26, 18, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Las Cruces {US-NM}

Stay Report - 11/23 - 11/25

Location: The hotel is located on University just off Exit 1 of I-25. It's an easy drive from here to the NM State Campus and about 50 minutes to ELP and 35 minutes to Downtown El Paso. Being next to I-25 means you're right by I-10 as well so getting around is very easy. Next to the hotel is a gas station and there are plenty of places to eat just one exit north on I-25.

Hotel: It's rare I find a HGI that looks special but this one has a really lovely southwestern theme. Both the interior and the exterior look lovely and the lobby especially is fun to be in. The hotel has a small outdoor pool, restaurant and bar which serve dinner (and do room service) and a business center.

Room: Fairly standard for a HGI with a large king, desk, chair and a bathroom with a renovated style shower that I much prefer to the old ones with curtains. Wifi worked well and there were outlets near the bed.

Overall I was impressed and I'd come back.
Old Nov 26, 18, 3:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Stay Report - 11/23 - 11/25
Is this a new-build property or was it converted from something else?

I visited Las Cruces for work a few years ago, and there were just 2 Hampton Inns (from a Hilton perspective). One was new (then) and the other was best avoided (I wouldn't be surprised if it has since been de-flagged, it had exterior corridors). Nice to hear that there's another option.
Old Nov 26, 18, 9:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Must have been an interesting transition from BWI to ELP/Las Cruces.

David
Old Nov 28, 18, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
Is this a new-build property or was it converted from something else?

I visited Las Cruces for work a few years ago, and there were just 2 Hampton Inns (from a Hilton perspective). One was new (then) and the other was best avoided (I wouldn't be surprised if it has since been de-flagged, it had exterior corridors). Nice to hear that there's another option.
I think it's new, usually I'm pretty good at Googling addresses to see what used to be there but I went back pretty far and the HGI is the only thing that came up

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Must have been an interesting transition from BWI to ELP/Las Cruces.

David
Yep I had a long week: 11/23 RDU-DCA, stayed with family in Bethesda, 11/24: BWI, 11/25: BWI-DFW-ELP, stayed in Las Cruces, 11/26: Stayed in El Paso, 11/27: ELP-ATL-RDU