Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best executive lounge by continent?

Best executive lounge by continent?

Old May 15, 2022, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Rock DeAugustine
You obviously I've never stayed in a world class Club Lounge with free flowing vintage french champagne, Hennessy XO and 20-year-old tawny port free for the taking all day... Not to mention exquisite coffee and the best eggs benedict ever in the morning, as well as jamon iberico...
Nice way to shade a longtime poster in a thread that has been dormant for four years. You may wish to rethink your approach.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:39 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
If I think of memorable lounges, Conrad Tokyo has one, Conrad London used to have one, as well as London Hilton (at Park Lane). Hilton Bankside, Tower Bridge, and Canary Wharf were ok when I still traveled there on monthly basis. Hilton Shiphool remains nice. As well as Helsinki Airport and Strand. Hilton Joburg had a nice lounge and also very nice downstairs and pool bars. But Hilton Capetown (RIP) not did so. It so much depends on what You expect. Getting boozed or avoiding dinner cost...
arlflyer likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 5:57 am

You obviously I've never stayed in a world class Club Lounge with free flowing vintage french champagne, Hennessy XO and 20-year-old tawny port free for the taking all day... Not to mention exquisite coffee and the best eggs benedict ever in the morning, as well as jamon iberico...
Welcome to flyertalk. You might want to check your ego at the door - you'll find that you're just another face in the crowd here. Most people around here, myself included, have done some pretty cool stuff.

Yes, I've experienced what you note. Have been to some of the best hotel lounges, airline lounges, and dedicated terminals in the world. And you know what? I kind of got over the idea of that being an end in itself. Sure, if I'm passing through and have a chance to avail myself of better amenities, then of course I'll choose the place that offers them. But the idea of flying to a city just to spend precious time sitting in a chain hotel lounge, no matter how luxe, is something I'm done with.

I can buy all the stuff you list, by the way, at places within a 10-minute drive of my house, at retail prices - the "free" stuff in the lounge isn't the free - it's baked into the price of admission. When I travel, it's about making the memories that I can only get from the location I've traveled to.
Old May 18, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Weird flex but OK.
Old May 19, 2022, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Club, HHonors, Gold Passport, IHG Rewards, Le Club Accor, Club Carlson
Conrad Macao had a Iberian leg on offer every night with a good spread and decent spirits and bubbles. That was a pretty high level offering imo. Obviously, not a place masses of FT writers are going to go.
Old May 19, 2022, 7:42 am

Then why don't you illuminate us and share your experiences?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
Then why don't you illuminate us and share your experiences?
I have this strange mental image of the poster reclining in a gold-plated bathtub filled with champagne, his modesty preserved only by a few tactfully-placed eggs benedict and slices of jamon iberico, while butlers pour XO into his gaping maw. But I'm not sure I want to see the photos to confirm.
Old May 19, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Personally you can't beat a US lounge. Delicious coffee in paper cups with Coffee Mate and if you're lucky some granola bars.
flyme2, kevino, simonsmith and 2 others like this.
Old May 19, 2022, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I have this strange mental image of the poster reclining in a gold-plated bathtub filled with champagne, his modesty preserved only by a few tactfully-placed eggs benedict and slices of jamon iberico, while butlers pour XO into his gaping maw. But I'm not sure I want to see the photos to confirm.
Yes, well we all live like that at home, but I can't recall the last time I had similar in an EL.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:00 pm

FWIW. Very Germany-centric.

Frankfurt airport was very good.
Hilton. Mainz. Excellent breakfast. (Can't recall if that was in general or only executive.)
Hilton Munich Park. Just ok but nice basement spa and pool.
Hilton Munich City. My favorite. Wonderful food and drink. In two days I ate and drank there rather than ate out. Drank all their gin!

UK. ok
Paris. ok.

Can't think of anything memorable in the US sadly.
Old May 21, 2022, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif (Post # 14)
I might say that the Hilton Budapest Castle has the best lounge in Europe. But take away Tibor or add new management and it might now be rubbish. I also couldn't tell you if it is better or worse today than the Hilton Prague - of which I have no personal experience.
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody (Post # 21)
If narrowed down to those with a [Trip Advisor] rating of 4.5 out of 5 (for Europe at least) there are roughly 50 contenders for Europe...

Hilton Budapest
Hilton Budapest City
Are these two different from the Hilton Budapest Castle?
Old May 21, 2022, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Are these two different from the Hilton Budapest Castle?

Hi,

Hilton Budapest would be the one closest to the castle.

Hilton Budapest City looks like it has deflagged from Hilton . There is only the Hilton Garden Inn Budapest City centre

Regards

TBS
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 21, 2022, 7:21 am

Largely travelled within Asia. The best in my books would be Conrad Macao.

8420PR and Michael19887 like this.
Old May 21, 2022, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hilton Budapest would be the one closest to the castle.

Hilton Budapest City looks like it has deflagged from Hilton . There is only the Hilton Garden Inn Budapest City centre
Correct - Budapest City / WestEnd (which was always my favorite of the two full-service Hiltons in town; there was no HGI in those days) has since been rebranded as a Crowne Plaza.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by delinquentwoody
I think we should get this discussion started..

If narrowed down to those with a TA rating of 4.5 out of 5 (for Europe at least) there are roughly 50 contenders for Europe...

Hilton St George's Park Burton upon Trent
Hilton London Wembley
Hilton London Tower Bridge
Hilton Canary Wharf
Hilton Angel Islington
Hilton Bankside
Hilton Berlin
Hilton Frankfurt Airport
Hilton Paris Opera
Hilton Madrid Airport
Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
Hilton Sorrento Palace
Hilton Athens
Mersin HiltonSA
Adana HiltonSA
Hilton Bursa Convention Centre & Spa
Hilton Istanbul Bomonti
Hilton Istanbul Maslak
Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus
Hilton Zurich Airport
Hilton Vienna Plaza
Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
Hilton Prague Old Town
Hilton Imperial Dubrovnik
Hilton Sofia
Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
Hilton Sibiu
Hilton Budapest
Hilton Budapest City
Hilton Belgrade
Hilton Kyiv
Hilton Tallinn Park
Hilton Helsinki Strand
Hilton Helsinki Airport
Hilton Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
Hilton Amsterdam
Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Hilton Rotterdam
Hilton The Hague
Hilton Reykjavic Nordica
Doubletree Glasgow Central
Doubletree Tower of London
Doubletree London Islington
Doubletree Istanbul Moda
Doubletree Warsaw Hotel & Convention Centre
Doubletree Wroclaw
Doubletree Amsterdam Centraal Station
Conrad London St James
Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus

Yes I have too much time on my hands but thought this list may come in handy for some.. also it could serve as a reference point for discussion. I get the point that no-one will have been to all of these for one person to make a fair comparison between them all but like someone said above when recommendations are made on here they can prove useful.

Also while I might have time on my hands I don't have enough time to make lists for any other continents!...
Which of these would you say has the best view from the club lounge? Perhaps of an iconic landmark or square?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.