Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

10000 (10k) bonus points every 10 nights, starting at 40 nights (Milestone Bonus)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10000 (10k) bonus points every 10 nights, starting at 40 nights (Milestone Bonus)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)

There might probably already be a thread on this, but I used the search function and cannot find it.

In any case, I wanted to know about the milestone bonus - 10,000 bonus points every 10 nights starting at 40 nights.
What is the date time frame to achieve this ?
Does this reset every end of year ?

At the moment I need 2 more nights to achieve the 10k points...Do I need to stay before the year ends, or can I stay 2 nights anytime in 2019 and still qualify ?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:35 pm

You have to do that until eoy.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by VG3RMJC2
You have to do that until eoy.
Huh?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
There might probably already be a thread on this, but I used the search function and cannot find it.

In any case, I wanted to know about the milestone bonus - 10,000 bonus points every 10 nights starting at 40 nights.
What is the date time frame to achieve this ?
Does this reset every end of year ?

At the moment I need 2 more nights to achieve the 10k points...Do I need to stay before the year ends, or can I stay 2 nights anytime in 2019 and still qualify ?
It is on a calendar year basis. Jan 1 to Dec 31.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
It’s all during one calendar year. You get 40k points at 60 nights. You also get to gift Gold status at 60 nights and Diamond at 100 nights (Both status have to go to same person).
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:12 pm

Does Hilton really think that this is an incentive for anyone? Many single-night stays earn more than 10K...
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Does Hilton really think that this is an incentive for anyone? Many single-night stays earn more than 10K...
Incentive? Perhaps not, but I'll earn 90-100K bonus points from this bonus this year - the same as the 100K bonus many people got a few years ago which everyone seemed to think was pretty special (especially those that didn't get it!)

As for a single-night stay earning 10K points, you've obviously staying at different hotels (or room rates) than I am...
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
All the promotions do add up and an extra promotion like this is an incentive for me.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by docbert
Incentive? Perhaps not, but I'll earn 90-100K bonus points from this bonus this year
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
All the promotions do add up and an extra promotion like this is an incentive for me.
Perhaps I was a bit too harsh - fair points indeed.

The biggest thing that has pushed me back to Hilton after getting SPG/MR Plat has been the sheer volume of points that one can earn with the program. Even adjusting for redemption levels I come out well ahead, earning 40+ points/$ on most Hilton stays compared to maybe 20 at most with Marriott, with Hilton points redemptions certainly not averaging double those of MR.

So this is fair in that it is "icing on the cake" - if one thinks of it as, say, a marginal 10% increase (1000 points/night on 10 stays), then I get that. My original issue was with the fact that Hilton trots this out front and center like it's an amazing promotion that's going to pull people in, plastering it all over the profile pages, etc., when in actuality I don't think that this would be big enough of an impact to drive any purchasing decisions. It's more of an added "thank you" for people who will do the stays anyhow.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:47 pm

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh - fair points indeed.

The biggest thing that has pushed me back to Hilton after getting SPG/MR Plat has been the sheer volume of points that one can earn with the program. Even adjusting for redemption levels I come out well ahead, earning 40+ points/$ on most Hilton stays compared to maybe 20 at most with Marriott, with Hilton points redemptions certainly not averaging double those of MR.

So this is fair in that it is "icing on the cake" - if one thinks of it as, say, a marginal 10% increase (1000 points/night on 10 stays), then I get that. My original issue was with the fact that Hilton trots this out front and center like it's an amazing promotion that's going to pull people in, plastering it all over the profile pages, etc., when in actuality I don't think that this would be big enough of an impact to drive any purchasing decisions. It's more of an added "thank you" for people who will do the stays anyhow.
Are you paying extra for 2x the point on the stay and then getting another 2x the points with the current promo? I am a ambassador with Marriott and stayed 115 nights through September. With the current Marriott promotion it does nothing for me since I only stay in the same hotel only 1 night at a time.

This hilton promo is getting me close to 10k points per night when I pay extra to get the 2x the points and then with the current bonus. I can charge up to $200 on my company card per night. So for me instead of only getting only 4,500 Marriott points on a stay I am getting double that with Hilton at 9,000 points!
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:39 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Are you paying extra for 2x the point on the stay and then getting another 2x the points with the current promo?
For me:
Standard Points: 10/dollar
Diamond Bonus: 10/dollar
Current Promo: 10/dollar
Book 2x rate: 10/dollar
Other odd bonuses still even more sometimes (for example, tapestry had 1000 points/night)
AmEx Card: 7/dollar

We've been displaced by Florence for 2 months at this point and booking suites for our family. I can't complain about the Hilton earnings one bit... So long as they post correctly.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:31 pm

When are the points deposited? Jan 1st?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, WN A+/CP, HH Diamond
as you earn them. each 10 night mark you get them dumped in
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC
What I dislike is that you don't get the 30k bonus again at 120 nights.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
We've been displaced by Florence for 2 months at this point and booking suites for our family.
And filing claims with your insurer? If so, talk about turning lemons into lemonade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.