Wiki Posts
Search

Guest Opinion Rewards?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta, american, Hilton Diamond
Guest Opinion Rewards?

I have been doing these surveys for a few months. The rewards points were credited within 48 hours. Since the IT upgrade, nothing posts at all and I have completed numerous surveys. I realize that there is a disclaimer stating that points will be credited within 6 weeks, but that hasn't been the case in the past. I sent an e-mail 5 days ago, but I haven't gotten a a reply. Anyone else having these issues?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: a little here, a little there
Are these surveys sent by Hilton or another portal?
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Really not sure?
Old Nov 15, 2018, 6:41 am

As far as I am aware Guestopinion is run by the same group that runs e-rewards and is not a Hilton service.

Last edited by peter1962; Nov 15, 2018 at 6:41 am Reason: Typo correction
Old Dec 21, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Angry Guest Opinion Rewards not posting to Hilton Honors since 10/28/18

I have been emailing and calling both Hilton Honors and Guest Opinion Rewards about survey points not posting to my Hilton Honors account since Hilton's software upgrade on 10/27/18. I have gotten promises that someone will get back with me from both companies, but this has not happened. Currently over 10,500 Guest Opinion Rewards points have not been credited to my account and no one at either company has come forth with any explanation. Like Stormbandit mentioned, previous turnaround never went more than 48 hours. At this point, I have stopped filling out the Guest Opinion Surveys and shifted my primary hotel vendor from Hilton to Radisson and Hyatt until such point that Hilton decides to respond to my queries. Very disappointed with Hilton for not acting promptly on this mess, particularly since I have sent them screen prints from the Guest Opinion Rewards site to verify my claim.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:09 pm

Talk to @HonorsRepresentative
Lauren was a big help getting the missing points posted.
Read in another forum that points got posted today too.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:02 pm

No points posted today

Thanks for the heads-up and link to Lauren - I've left her a message. No points have posted to my account today.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 3:33 pm

Looks like a second batch got processed yesterday, I've gotten almost a full page of points posted with date Dec 24
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:57 pm

Likewise, several pages of points were posted on my account all with the date of December 24. The total came to 6,025 of the 13,574 points that were missing. Unfortunately, since they are all dated December 24th, I have no way of auditing the points against the Guest Opinions Rewards record. Needless to say I am not pleased that 7,549 points are still missing, but even more displeased that there is no way I can validate the earned date of the 6025 points that were awarded. Can I trust that Hilton will award the balance of 7549 points at some future date? If I submitted a list of charges on an expense account, all dated the day I submitted the record, I don't think I'd be collecting my paycheck very much longer. Very sloppy Hilton. I will continue to not not patronize Hilton and Guest Opinion Rewards until I see the outstanding balance of rewards credited and a more businesslike approach to this process. Prior to October 27, I was able to verify Guest Opinion Rewards points within 48-72 hours, all listed with the correct earned dates. Hopefully, Hilton can return to a proper, businesslike accounting process.

As a postscript, why has there been no official explanation and/or apology for this fiasco? In my instance, it was only survey points, but I have talked to colleagues that are missing stay points as well. This is a very bad story and rumor mill that Hilton needs to address.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Does anyone get any surveys worth their time? I signed up for the initial bonus and all the surveys I get aren't even a point per minute so not worth my time.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: hilton
I see these Guest Opinion points posted to my hilton rewards account.

I don't recall doing any surveys. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything in the last 3 or 6 months.

Anyone else see this? Thoughts?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Maybe you got mine, lol. I still haven't received any of the points I am due. I quit doing the surveys, this is a scam, imo.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Getting the Guest Opinions points to post consistently and timely seems to be a "nut too tough to crack" for Hilton. The points post sporadically and in groups making them hard to track (per Ninja250's comment). The last time I saw points post was 14 February - since then I have accumulated 7,800 points that are pending. So...almost five months after the software upgrade and the issues continue. I can only assume they are still addressing other, more critical, problems lingering from the upgrade (such as stay credit that hasn't posted yet for award stays).
Old Mar 20, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hilton, British Airways
Same for me as well, very slow in posting and tracking. E-rewards as well, before they were posted almost immediately, now can take up to 6 weeks. Would have believed that things move faster today.
Big disappointment.

Last edited by carlisle401; Mar 20, 2019 at 2:46 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:51 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
I recently got invited and registered - but will keep an eye on postings, as fighting for a few 100 points here and there is not worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.