Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

"No Breakfast" sale rate - assume still free for Diamond?

Old Nov 9, 18, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (1mm) , Hilton Diamond, Aer Lingus Newbie

I'm looking to book a stay in London near Christmas and I see almost every property has a Hilton Honors prepay sale rate that includes the condition 'no breakfast',

I'm assuming that Diamond members still get the breakfast benefit despite the wording?
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:09 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
I always book the no breakfast rate. Whats the point of buying breakfast through the rate when you get it as part of the diamond benefits ? I've never had any problems. You could always double check with the hotel
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I always book the without breakfast rate too, unless its cheaper to book with..! Never had a problem as diamnod. A number of US hotels offer inferior breakfast benefits, short of a lounge or restaurant breakfast, but few hotels outside the US follow this practice and I can't think of any in London that do.
Old Nov 10, 18, 4:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Spire Elite and lots more....
Using the sale rate that says no breakfast does not remove your diamond benefits.

This is different to the rates being referred to above which are standard rates that do not include breakfast.

Have no fear

If you think about it - even with this sale rate, the hotel would not prevent a regular guest from buying breakfast. They would not be banned.
Old Nov 10, 18, 6:03 am

Yes diamond members will still get breakfast.
Old Nov 10, 18, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by taylormuk View Post
I always book the no breakfast rate. Whats the point of buying breakfast through the rate when you get it as part of the diamond benefits ? I've never had any problems. You could always double check with the hotel
Point is that not all hotels offer the "full" breakfast for Diamonds.
Old Nov 10, 18, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (1mm) , Hilton Diamond, Aer Lingus Newbie
Thanks all.

I was pretty sure we would be ok, but thought I better check.
Old Nov 10, 18, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Yes - I have been at full service Hilton US properties give you a Continental breakfast (or whatever you call it on that side of the pond), and charge an upgrade fee it you have hot items (which were was poor on top of that!). Or give you an allowance if it has a restaurant with a menu to order from.

But in the OP's case, for UK properties it will be all inclusive.
Old Nov 11, 18, 2:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
In every hotel in the UK that I've ever stayed in, and thats the vast majority, full breakfast has always been available to diamonds. I've never stayed in a Hilton (worldwide) that didn't serve breakfast at all. Even if the diamond benefit were only continental then the difference could always be paid to get to a full English breakfast
Old Nov 11, 18, 6:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by taylormuk View Post
In every hotel in the UK that I've ever stayed in, and thats the vast majority, full breakfast has always been available to diamonds. I've never stayed in a Hilton (worldwide) that didn't serve breakfast at all. Even if the diamond benefit were only continental then the difference could always be paid to get to a full English breakfast
Not always. Hilton One UN Plaza (New York) offers breakfast in the lounge only. I was told I was welcome to have breakfast in the restaurant (and pay full price - some $40 plus tax!).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: