Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

will we receive the 250 aspire resort credit for restaurant charges with free night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

will we receive the 250 aspire resort credit for restaurant charges with free night

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Hi,

If we book nights with weekend certificate or points, and use the apire card for check in. When eating at the restaurant of the resorts, we ask to charge directly to our rooms. Are we going to receive the resort credit?

The terms read:
"Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. "
It does not seem that free nights are excluded, as long as incidental charges are charged to rooms.

Any thoughts or data points?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by hermitw
Hi,

If we book nights with weekend certificate or points, and use the apire card for check in. When eating at the restaurant of the resorts, we ask to charge directly to our rooms. Are we going to receive the resort credit?

The terms read:
"Eligible Hilton Resort purchases must be made directly with the participating Hilton Resort and charged to your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental charges (including charges made at restaurants, spas, and other establishments within the hotel property) must be charged to your room and paid for with your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card at checkout in order for them to be recognized as Hilton Resort purchases. "
It does not seem that free nights are excluded, as long as incidental charges are charged to rooms.

No data points, but the terms read like they should. They always ask for a CC at check in, even on free nights for incidentals. As long as you give them the Aspire and use it to settle the final bill I would think you would be good.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:30 pm

Hi,

The terms read:

You should receive the credit, as long as you make sure it's charged to your room bill.

I stayed at one resort property in September using my weekend certificate, and have just got my credit for the parking charge, room service, tips for activities, etc. The credit didn't post automatically, though, so I had to chat with Amex and ask the rep to do it manually. I think staying on a free night might be the reason of it not automatically posting.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:38 pm

I have two Aspires...I've never asked a hotel to split a charge onto two cards, but has anyone had success before?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Are we going to receive the resort credit?
I got my resort credit on F&B on a points redemption without having to call, pretty much at the same time as the regular hotel charge showed up on my credit card.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Search is your friend. Tons of data points, anything charged to your room will trigger the credit...food, drinks, spa services, gift shop, transportation services, you name it.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...rt-credit.html
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Yes, you will receive the credit. I did when staying at Grand Wailea on points and charging food and beverages to the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.