Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 12:04 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
The Terminal 2/3 train station is nearer to T3 than T2. Turn left just after leaving the station and it will be 5-10 minutes walk to T2. I am sure there will be obvious signs for the hotel. I wouldn't worry about getting lost here, first time or not.
Old May 10, 2019, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rabilancia
Might one of you who is familiar with Heathrow provide some insight on walking to/from this hotel? Will it even be possible?
It's very straightforward, it's a 360 bedroom hotel so difficult to miss. As you leave the main terminal building there are a series of roadways / drop off zones, about five or so for different sorts of traffic (taxis, buses etc) and the short term carpark multi-storey on the side. The hotel is after the last roadway. It will take just a few minutes to walk through to it. Now I don't yet know the best route but I suspect it involves taking the lift down to ground level, arrivals being level 1 and departures level 5 - and walking over the roadways via the zebra crossings. It will be well sign posted, if we consider the similar establishments at T4 and T5.

The underground station is closer to this hotel than the HEX or TfL Rail stations.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Thank you all for your insight and advice. It doesn't look like a problem at all.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
How far away is this hotel from terminal five please.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by Dax1956
How far away is this hotel from terminal five please.

New hotel connected to Terminal 2. You would walk to Heathrow Central or Undergorund and take train/underground to T5 around 30 minutes I would guess, 10-15 in a taxi
Old May 17, 2019, 7:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by gav0106
New hotel connected to Terminal 2. You would walk to Heathrow Central or Undergorund and take train/underground to T5 around 30 minutes I would guess, 10-15 in a taxi
The Underground would be quicker since it is close to the hotel, HEX is some distance off. It would take 5 minutes from the hotel to the Underground, the tube trip is one stop, 3 minutes on the timetable, and there are between 6 and 8 trains an hour, at least on paper. So 30 minutes seems a little on the high side to me, though I accept there can be 15 minute waits between trains when things get disrupted. 15 minutes would seem a better figure to me, end to end.
:D! likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Looks like I'll be there July 1... had no idea until after booking that was the first night they were own for booking. I've never been in a hotel on the first night. This should be fun.

Usually I stay over at T4 (huge crush on Zen). But I'm always flying via T2 and I'm quite lazy.

Kind of excited. I don't like HGI much in the US but found the other HGI at LHR to be okay. Long forward to it!

(I'm slightly peeved though because my usual is running at almost the same price for that night)

Last edited by AStarr; May 20, 2019 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 1, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
I wonder if this [new HGI opening] portends any change to the status of the HGI near Hatton Cross.
Originally Posted by :D!
I expect the rates to be a lot higher here [i.e., T2]
I just had occasion to check for a one-night mid-week stay next April. Funnily enough, both for points and cash the rate at the new one is lower: 26K v 30K and Ł96 Honors Discount (cancellable up to one day ahead) King room v Ł115 for a Queen room under comparable conditions at the old one.
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:38 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by henry999
I just had occasion to check for a one-night mid-week stay next April. Funnily enough, both for points and cash the rate at the new one is lower: 26K v 30K and Ł96 Honors Discount (cancellable up to one day ahead) King room v Ł115 for a Queen room under comparable conditions at the old one.
I didn't bother to click through but doing an initial flexible dates search over the next 9 months, T2 never goes below Ł80, average seems to be around Ł100 and highest rate is Ł193 on peak dates or if it's getting full, while the cheapest Hatton Cross rate is Ł45, average seems to be around Ł60-70 and the highest rate is Ł146 for a few days in the next month, while the next highest rate is Ł111.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:06 pm

Some some photos and directions for the new hotel.

Short version - and this will typically be sufficient for most: go to LHR T2 Arrivals level 1, then follow the signs. It will take less than 5 minutes from Arrivals.

Slightly longer version: Go to T2 Arrivals level 1, then follow the signs through the multi storey carpark. Go right to the end to Zone F, then there is a short footbridge from there to the hotel reception.

And here are the photos.

This shows the arrival level, and the sign for the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel, there's M&S just hidden by the column. So halfway between International and Domestic arrivals.

Follow the sign out of the building and then there is a bridge like walkway to the main lifts for the tube and other public transport options.

Keep going, pretty much as straight as you can, into the multi-storey carpark. This is the start at Row B, keep going straight on.

And this is the end at Row F. The white boarding behind the pillar is the bridge entrance to the hotel, it's a short walk on that enclosed passageway over a road into the hotel reception. This is all ready to go, they just need to remove the wooden boarding to open it up fully.

EDITED: new photo of the entrance to the passageway, note that Heathrow trolleys can't access the passageway but if you look carefully you will see the hotel's trolleys on the left hand side.

Arriving by tube or public (TfL) bus: you can stick to the above instructions for simplicity, but when you leave the station there is a set of short passageways that brings you to an escalator and elevators / lifts going upwards. Take the lifts and select level 1 Arrivals. Most people will be going on to Departures, which is a higher level. Then follow the photos above through the car park. Overall it's not far at all.

Arriving by Heathrow Express or TfL Rail: That's a bit of a hike since the station is nearer T3 than T2, but follow the passage way from the station to T2 and then as above. It is clearly signed T2.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 6, 2019 at 4:11 am
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Thank you very much @corporate-wage-slave

I'll look forward to following these instructions on 3 July.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:16 am

Thanks, CWS!

I'll post as soon as possible as I'm there July 1. Total oops booking but should be fine.

I may come in by tube for once for sake of simplicity...
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I'm flying out of T3 in the early am in late-July and was just about to book the Sofitel or T4 Hilton before I came across this new T2 hotel. I haven't flown out of T3 in so long, but is this hotel equally as walkable/convenient for a T3 departure? I need to get to that little AA Flagship check-in building. If not, I'll just do one of the other LHR terminal hotels (tried and tested!) and take a taxi to T3.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldSapphire
I'm flying out of T3 in the early am in late-July and was just about to book the Sofitel or T4 Hilton before I came across this new T2 hotel. I haven't flown out of T3 in so long, but is this hotel equally as walkable/convenient for a T3 departure? I need to get to that little AA Flagship check-in building. If not, I'll just do one of the other LHR terminal hotels (tried and tested!) and take a taxi to T3.
It is walking distance, there is an underground passage which links the hotel, T2, Heathrow Central and finally T3. I'd say about a 10 minute walk with 3 travelators, mostly on one level, but steps/lifts at each end. Since walking is under your own control it's certainly more reliable and normally faster than staying somewhere off the T2-T3 estate, but it's not next door. Flagship is just a doorway area to T3 Zone B, it's not a separate building. The steps from the passageway bring you up to Zone E and F so B is to the left hand side on the building's edge (A being the Virgin-Delta wing, which is easier to spot).
Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:46 am

Just a quick update: opening has been pushed back. I didn't ask when but they aren't going to be open on the 1st. So I'm being rebooked elsewhere.
MoodyB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.