Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by florens
They accept reservations from 1st of July 2019 now.
Now THAT is the best news I have heard today! It will fit perfectly into my travel plans.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by florens
They accept reservations from 1st of July 2019 now.
On the Hilton webpage, searching to make a reservation late August, en encouraging line reads "May be available". Clicking to check rates one is forwarded to the type of calender you get when selecting Flexible Dates, but here with a cross of Not Available for all dates. OK, clicking on the Hotel name to get it's own webpage. Twice yesterday, and also today, instead of anything constructive, a message headlined with "Well this stinks" and excusing for not having their webpage working yet. Sigh!

If nothing else, at least some credit for being self-critical.

Edit: Seems to be a system error, reported here

Last edited by onobond; Mar 10, 2019 at 6:17 am Reason: Addendum
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: UA - seesaws between no status and Silver; HH Diamond
"Coming Soon" - HGI at LHR....when???

Does anyone know when the HGI at LHR terminal 2 is actually opening? I have seen the "coming soon!" on the reservations page for months. I am spending a night before an early flight at the other Heathrow HGI at the end of April, but would rather stay at the new, closer one. I asked when I had to change a different reservation and the agent said he had no idea of that kind of thing.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
Think someone said September, I have a stay booked for December
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, Amex, SPG Gold, VA Red, HHonours Gold
Old Mar 27, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The sticky thread above on hotels joining/leaving is always a good place to start.
The hotel website linked above says June 2019; it did say July 2019.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:29 pm
cjd

Past it a couple of weeks ago and it looked like it was almost finished. Very close to T2.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Website says "June 1, 2019 and beyond" but when you try to book, it's not showing any availability until July 1, 2019
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:56 am

Thanks all. Bummed that I'm a couple of months early; seems like it would be much more convenient. Has anyone stayed at the other airport HGI? How long does it take to get to Terminal 3 from there?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by myburg
Thanks all. Bummed that I'm a couple of months early; seems like it would be much more convenient. Has anyone stayed at the other airport HGI? How long does it take to get to Terminal 3 from there?

7 min walk to Hatton Cross Underground station, one stop to T3
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by myburg
It's actually really good. It's an old Jurys Inn repurposed into an HGI with a better bar, restaurant, and breakfast buffet than you see at Stateside HGIs. Easy short walk to/from Hatton Cross tube along the A30, and if you fancy a pub instead the Green Man is an equally easy walk across the street and down a short lane.

Terminal 1/2/3 tube station is about a three-minute ride from Hatton Cross.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Agree with the HGI at Hatton Cross, it is pretty good ( rooms had good blackout curtains and were quiet ( my room was slightly warm even with the ac on but not too bad) with an ok gym and good buffet ( one lift was out of order when I stayed in November)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the info!
Old May 10, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
After just reading on this hotel's website that the "Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 will be open soon. We're accepting reservation for arrivals on or after 01 Jul 2019," I booked a stay for the night of July 3rd. I will be arriving on the Heathrow Express that afternoon and will be departing from Terminal 2 in the early morning of the 4th.

This will be my very first departure from Heathrow (my first arrival will be just 2 weeks earlier) so I want to make things as simple as possible given size of the complex, multiple terminals and all that I've read here and elsewhere. Accordingly, I chose this Hilton facility primarily because of it's location. I have stayed at hotels just after their opening before and am aware of the problems with newly trained staff and/or facilities that have not yet been exercised and am mentally prepared for those eventualities.

One such "new facility" issue is that no walking directions from the Heathrow Express stop or to the Terminal 2 departure counters yet exist on the hotel's website. I have reached out to Hilton Customer Support via e-mail for this information but have not yet received a reply.

Might one of you who is familiar with Heathrow provide some insight on walking to/from this hotel? Will it even be possible?

Regardless, I will plan to post a review here shortly after my stay. Thank you in advance.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:45 am
cjd

Originally Posted by rabilancia
After just reading on this hotel's website that the "Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 will be open soon. We're accepting reservation for arrivals on or after 01 Jul 2019," I booked a stay for the night of July 3rd. I will be arriving on the Heathrow Express that afternoon and will be departing from Terminal 2 in the early morning of the 4th.

This will be my very first departure from Heathrow (my first arrival will be just 2 weeks earlier) so I want to make things as simple as possible given size of the complex, multiple terminals and all that I've read here and elsewhere. Accordingly, I chose this Hilton facility primarily because of it's location. I have stayed at hotels just after their opening before and am aware of the problems with newly trained staff and/or facilities that have not yet been exercised and am mentally prepared for those eventualities.

One such "new facility" issue is that no walking directions from the Heathrow Express stop or to the Terminal 2 departure counters yet exist on the hotel's website. I have reached out to Hilton Customer Support via e-mail for this information but have not yet received a reply.

Might one of you who is familiar with Heathrow provide some insight on walking to/from this hotel? Will it even be possible?

Regardless, I will plan to post a review here shortly after my stay. Thank you in advance.
Just a few minutes walk. You can actually see it when you leave terminal 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.