Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
My daughter is traveling in London and I want to book a room for her here before she flies back to the States. I will not be with her. Will she be able to check into the room if I add her as an additional guest?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by George M
My daughter is traveling in London and I want to book a room for her here before she flies back to the States. I will not be with her. Will she be able to check into the room if I add her as an additional guest?
Yes, that should be no problem at all. I book rooms for my wife from time to time and add her as an additional guest in the booking.
George M likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:20 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes, that should be no problem at all. I book rooms for my wife from time to time and add her as an additional guest in the booking.
I've done it plenty of times stateside, just never tried outside of the U.S.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by George M
I've done it plenty of times stateside, just never tried outside of the U.S.
I've done it routinely in the UK as well as in the US.
George M likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed here for two nights last month. Was upgraded to a King High Floor Runway View room from a basic King Room, the upgrade appeared on my app the early morning of my arrival. Paid about £150 for two nights. Free late checkout until 2pm, overheard someone else being quoted £40 to extend to 6pm.

Food in the restaurant was very average. I wouldn't usually pay such high prices for such low quality, but I had an offer on my Amex for £50 statement credit on a £200 Hilton spend. Breakfast was better than dinner.

I made a short video of the hotel, otherwise there are some pictures below also!

View from room 1310

Falafel:

£1.50 microwave curry sold for £16:

Any questions feel free to ask.
PlnCzy, chrism20 and lsquare like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 12:18 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Hilton Garden Inn LHR T2 = Good for Location, Not Much Else

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3

Heathrow T2 Heathrow, GB TW6 1AH

Hilton Garden Inn LHR T2 = Good for Location, Not Much Else (6 Photos)

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3

I needed an overnight stay at LHR terminal 2 and due to the reduced frequently of hotel shuttles during covid, I did not mind paying a premium price for the convenience of HGI’s location.  Nevertheless I was not overly impressed by the stay and in other circumstances post-covid I would probably prefer more often than not a higher level hotel (for example Hilton brand) at a similar or even lower price even if it meant having to take a shuttle bus.

The location of HGI is obviously the strong point especially for Star Alliance flyers, as it’s the only hotel that can be accessed from the terminal without a shuttle bus.  The hotel is not directly connected to the terminal; we had to step outside and walk across the parking lot but even in cold weather it was not an issue because the walk was fairly short.

Check In

We arrived at the hotel at 9:45am and we were told we would have to pay a surcharge for early check-in before noon.  I responded that this was ridiculous as the hotel was most likely low occupancy and they responded that actually they were full the night before.  Given the UK lockdown and the small number of operating flights I called BS and made it known that I didn’t believe it for a second, and after I expressed my displeasure the receptionist told me to wait a minute and by magic a room made itself available on the spot. 

Room

The room was fine and on par with other newly built Hilton Garden Inns, including decent hardware in good condition since the hotel opened only 1.5 year ago.  The bathroom was small but had a walk-in shower which I appreciated.  The bedroom was also small but adequate for an overnight by the airport.  For such a new hotel in a major airport hub, I was surprised that the power plugs by the bedside and the working desk were not international style but rather UK only. 

In my opinion they might have gone a bit too far with covid cutbacks in the room because there were no tissues and only two pillows in the bed instead of four.  There were no extra amenities either such as mouthwash, bathrobes, etc. although for an HGI I did not necessarily expect all of this.

The soundproofing with the airport facing side was excellent because there were two thick windows separated by at least 50 cm – we could barely hear any of the traffic outside.  However as great as the external soundproofing was, they completely messed up the internal soundproofing: we could clearly hear doors banging in the hallway.

I am not sure if the room I had was technically an upgrade from the entry level room to the room type called “high floor with run way view”; the view was more about the airport terminal than anything else. 

1_IMG_3924.jpegIMG_3925.jpegIMG_3926.jpegIMG_3927.jpegIMG_3928.jpeg

Dining

For breakfast we had the choice of breakfast in the restaurant or ordering a take-away bag to bring to the room.  The options were a bit better than some other hotels where we have stayed recently because at least they had hot choices rather than being entirely continental.

IMG_3929.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well during our stay with speeds of 30 Mbps.

Overall

Overall the stay was ok and if in the future I only had a few hours and wanted to maximize sleep time I would return despite the higher price tag compared to higher level (full service) hotels around LHR airport.  However since nothing other than location was particularly good, for any stay where I have at least 12 hours to spare this would probably not be my choice.

Hilton Garden Inn LHR T2 = Good for Location, Not Much Else

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminals 2 and 3?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
The complaint about doors banging has been a theme with that place. The view from the window to the dropoff area reminds me of olden days when I used to get dropped off there! Well done for standing your ground on the early check-in surcharge.
escape4 and hotel_user like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 3:51 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I had a stay here a few days ago, and the restaurant, bar and breakfast service has been restored. It's the Apron Bar on floor 1 that's open, not the one on floor 14.

I booked an entry level double room, I didn't wait for the upgrade point to kick in, since room 9002 was available on OLCI. I got as far as a Digital Key for that room - which was clearly empty the night before since it arrived at 00:01 hrs - only to have it revoked mid morning, well before I arrived. In it's place, at check-in I was given 11002, which is two floors above and normally ranks as a "runway view" room and thus an upgrade. Which is true, it has a good view of 09R/27L, the southern runway, but such are the times that it wasn't in use during my stay, indeed they were doing some engineering work to the runway.

Here are the breakfast phtotos, I could have had a lot bigger hot plate, but I wasn't particularly hungry. The continental section had a reasonable selection of items, but the buffet was all wrapped items. Staff pressed the buttons on the coffee machine and made the toast. Other hot iems included boiled and scrambled egg, mushrooms, beans and hash browns. This was served and plated by a server behind perspex on the kitchen end of the buffet area.

Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Stayed here last night. The Runway bar at the top of the hotel is now open, and not at all crowded. Like CWS we were upgraded to a runway view room, but it had a view of 27 L which was again not in use. Great view from the bar though.
The _Banking_Scot and aks120 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have decided to stay here for 1 night tomorrow at the start of my 2 week domestic holiday in London and Cambridge.

Will be arriving a bit late ( probably 10pm after I get from T5 to T2). Could have gone straight to the Conrad but with the friday night prices had increased. Also when covid ends might use this hotel for a layover.

Booked a high floor room in any case.

Able to check in today and apply for a digital key ( selected a room on 13th floor)

Will post a report on my return.

Hotel website suugests Runway bar is closed but will go with Truffles comment that it is open ( and website not updated)

Regards

TBS
wizla and Global Adventurer like this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 8, 2021 at 6:54 am
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room 1302

Hi,

Just finished breakfast and watching some 27l action.
agree with comments above
Very easy from t2 and digital key worked.

Good room with good a/c but takea a little bit of getting used to
No body lotion
No glasses ( used a coffee mug)
Shower water pressure is on the low side of adequate compared to my usual .
No enclosed drawers

asked for bottles of water from the lobby pantry which is cashless but can room charge

Some internal noise but the ac solved most of it.

Great views of gates 1 to 7 of t3.they were empty overnight but now there is
virgin Dreamliner
China eastern I think a340
qatar 777

Saw a singapore 777 and cathay a350 finish their landing roll at 0500 but now 27left is the active take off runway. Practically a front view of the aircraft rotating
Assisted breakfast was ok. Need to ask for coffee as the coffe machines are roped off. Juice is in cartons with straws.

First impression if the room was it looked like the Hampton dundee in the main design layout but a bit larger.
Bed was comfortable and the blackout curtains were good but there was some light from the ac control unit ( could not see an option to dim the brightness) and from the main light button by the door which seemed to radiate like led lights but had my eye shades so not a problem too much.
found the bathroom a little dark for shaving but otherwise ok. Sink is a bit small.
Going to try the gym shortly.
Gym only open till 8PM currently.website says 24hrs iirc.

With the digital key it gives 2 options
hallway by fitness centre
Fitness centre

And seemed to default to the hallway one which does not work. Took several attempts to get the fitness centre to display then worked fine.

Gym small but ok .one of the treadmills closed for social distancing. No cloth towels only paper towels.
Key advantage of the hotel is location and therefore likely to have a premium.
Several airline crew checking out when I left the gym

Regards

Tbs

Now starting to rain.hopefully we do not have 2 weeks of rain now.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 10, 2021 at 3:13 am
Old Jul 26, 2021, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few photos

Hi,

A few photos

From rm 1301 T3 gates empty overnight but filled up whilst I was at breakfast. BA Airbus just rotating.

A view whilst having breakfast

My selection for a hot breakfast, juice and milk in cartons ( juice not particularly cold)

The bicycle in the gym ( had to take my phone with me as it iwas my digital key and no one else in the gym)

Gym equipment ( only paper towels provided)

More gym equipment

And this completes the gym

Artwork outside T2 enroute to the car park and link to HGI

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Have booked another night here for a 1 night stay in 2 weeks time ( flying EDI-LHR-BER) but the Sat morning flighs from EDI have a 7 hr layover at LHR ( only 2 flights a day from LHR to BER) so staying a Friday night.
Paying a bit more for the location but since I get in late ( land at 2110 and depart 0840) have not bothered with a runway view room.

I was considering the Softiel T5 ( almost the same price if you are an Accor member) but thought I will get my luggage ( large suitcase) checked through from EDI so only need my carry/roll on board case with overnight gear plus camera so easy to get to the HGI. ( also 2x points at HGI
Might have time for a quick breakfast at HGI ( if it opens at 6am) then Tube to T5 and breakfast in GF.

Will post a report on my return.

Regards

TBS
wizla and Winniesbestfriend like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

After the app and online check in initially showed 0 rooms available to choose at 0730 I waited until 0900 then around 20 rooms on floors going up to 9 appeared so chose a room on the 9th floor and it should be with a runway view.
digital key appeared whilst enroute to edi at 530pm although I had not checked the app since lunch time.

Regards

Tbs
PS just arrived in room 9003.in summary

Same old same old

Room is fine with good ac .walk in shower .room faces gates 1 to 7 of t3 but only a emirates tail can be seen

Looks like 09 left us fir take off as we landed on 09 right only 5mins late.
tube pulled away just as I was passingpassingruers but only had to wait 6 mins.

Breakfast from 6am .Gym closes at 8.pm
fridge but no water bottles so will pop down to the lobby.
Digital key saved a few minutes at the front desks there was a but of a queue .

Mask wearing in the queue snd walking from the tube stop mixed.
wizla likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Sep 10, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Old Sep 11, 2021, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

Overall a good nights sleep.

Water pressure in the shower was a little low.

The bathroom mirror was heated in the middle so it did not steam up

Ac was good
Heard some noise from next door around 11pm but nothing overnight.

Got my water bottles from reception with no trouble and the fridge kept it cool

Free breakfast in the apron restaurant on floor 1.
Now fully self service.
waffles also available.

Orange juice looked ok but tasted very weak. Apple juice was a lot better.

Checked out on the app.

Very convenient hotel for t2 and t3 . Good for t5 esp with little luggage but trolleys are available.

Regards

Tbs
PanAmSam likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.