Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Flyiboy

I stayed there i this past Sunday, 11 August. The manager states that it hopes to have it happen in around 2 weeks.. 😳😉✈️
Fingers crossed for my stay 1 Sep 🤞
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
V

View from room 1202 the other afternoon.
FlyingHighlander and golfmad like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, not yet. And the highest floor in use is floor 9 at the moment.
Not quite, I stayed on the 12th floor on July 11th.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:23 am

Runway Bar open today. Some quick shots. Didn’t have time for a drink. Only 2 of the elevators go to the 14th floor

Last edited by Crampedin13A; Aug 27, 2019 at 10:28 pm
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
WIll the bar be open to non-residents/guests?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
WIll the bar be open to non-residents/guests?
Not sure. I only saw the sign for it in the lift and had already pressed my floor using the key. Had to redo it as I was going up in the lift.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Reminds me a bit of the Skybar at the DT Leeds obviously with more airport views
wizla and AStarr like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:16 pm

Anyone know when the rooftop bar closes? Just booked a last minute stay here tonight for an early departure tomorrow morning!
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by bobbytables
Anyone know when the rooftop bar closes? Just booked a last minute stay here tonight for an early departure tomorrow morning!
​​​​​​
Hi,

Sorry I Had a look on the hotel website and the rooftop bar was not mentioned.

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:15 pm

Closes at midnight. I just missed it. Great view up there.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Staying here tonight and just wanted to post a couple of quick positive comments.

First thing to say is the Runway rooftop bar is fabulous, admitedly it is quiet this evening but you have panoramic views over the whole airport and an outside viewing area on the 14th floor that has the full runway in front of you - beats the exec lounge in the Renaissance I can tell you!. The whole ambience of this bar is much more sophistcated than any other Garden Inn I've been in.

Restaurant on the first floor has a much less attractive vista - looking out as it does over the entrance to the T2 car park - that said I had a very reasonable chicken ramen soup and a drinkable glass of Sauvignon Blanc in next to no time.

It is a new hotel so rooms and public areas feel fresh, staff are plentiful and the teething troubles appear to have been ironed out.

Thanks to all the advice here I got a high floor, low number combination with a pleasing view of the Quantas A380.

Bizarrely was cheaper than the Hatton Cross HGI tonight but suspect it will normally command a premium given the two minute walk to T2 - which is the reason I'm here tonight as I have a 6.30 flight to Frankfurt in the morning...

So impressed, and will return when the opportunity presents itself.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Tetly1967
an outside viewing area on the 14th floor that has the full runway in front of you - beats the exec lounge in the Renaissance I can tell you!.
Thank you for sharing. Based on your comment I will move from the Ren and give the HGI-T2 a try. I will miss out on the Fish and Chips at the 3 Magpies (walking distance from the Ren), but I imagine I could find something similar.

Thanks!
AStarr likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Thank you for sharing. Based on your comment I will move from the Ren and give the HGI-T2 a try. I will miss out on the Fish and Chips at the 3 Magpies (walking distance from the Ren), but I imagine I could find something similar.
The HGI is fairly close to the LHR bus station, and there would be a free bus service every few minutes from there to the Three Magpies Tavern. Shouldn't take 15 minutes.
AStarr likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: DL DM
Stayed here recently. No complaints, agree with most of the more positive reviews here (though was there for only about 8 hours). One thing I did not see mentioned elsewhere--I received an extra 1,000 points for the stay (listed as "Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Terminal 2 1,000 Points Offer"). This was in addition to MyWay bonuses, Go More Get More bonuses, etc. I am guessing it is because the hotel is new? Not huge, but an additional small perk.
FlyingHighlander and wizla like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just had a night here as I'd rushed to book a sale rate then my flight to NCL was cancelled, so decided to stay anyway.

Decent nights sleep and very effective and quiet air con. You could hardly hear any airport noise. The rooftop bar was nice, though the outside area was closed, apparently there was too many flies around and they swarm inside. I do object to paying Ł3 for a small bottle of soda water though, and then 12.5% service charge on top.

I gave up with the digital key though. No Vodafone or EE signal outside my room and no wifi either. It also took a long time to recognise I was at a lift, so it had started moving before I'd had a chance to press a button.

The lifts are quite annoying though, the light to show your card has been accepted isn't very visible and you have to really press the buttons to get them to work, so I wasn't sure if I hadn't pressed it enough or my card hadn't worked.

Nice hotel though, I'd certainly stay again if I had an early flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.