Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 11, 19, 6:42 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...l#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 4, 19, 8:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
There is a floor plan above, but you want the highest floor, lowest door number, if using the App. So a room number below 14, with 1 being the best.
Originally Posted by jasdou View Post

This was room 9003. Just a normal King room. I’ve been upgraded to a higher floor so-called “Runway view” once on a different stay and the view was actually worse.
Thanks both. I just chose 8002 on your recommendations.
Old Aug 4, 19, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post

Thanks both. I just chose 8002 on your recommendations.
You'll be fine. I've recently stayed in 8003 and the view was pretty much identical as what I had in 9003. With 8002 you should be even a bit closer to those A380 gates than I was!
golfmad likes this.
Old Aug 4, 19, 2:36 pm

First impressions are very good. Soundproofing seems good. Made it from T5 in 17 minutes including a 7 minute wait for the tube to leave. Bypassed the long line at check-in using my digital key which didn't work in the elevator. I should have taken that as a sign. Instead someone else got in and up we went. Digital key didn't work at the room. Hoofed it back down and waited in line. The lady tried to tell me that I needed to be on their WiFi for it to work. I tried to explain to her that wasn't how the technology worked but she wasn't having it so I asked for a physical key.

Now in the room and of course the digital key works fine with my WiFi turned completely off

There's a bluetooth symbol on the A/C controls so I was wondering whether it's possible to control that as well as the TV from my phone but don't see a way to do it. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Aug 5, 19, 8:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue, BAEC
Can I ask a question about this hotel? I'm flying out of LHR in Feb, and need a hotel the night before. Currently, I don't know what my travelling partner has planned, but I've got enough points to book a reward night here, or the other Garden Inn at Hatton Cross.

This hotel appeals because of its location - extra time in bed is always welcomed! Although if I end up needing to book something cheaper for my friend, then I might need to cancel.

If I book a room with points and then need to cancel, do I get the points back? And is it really worth the extra 9000 points in the first place? It'll only be a standard room. How much longer will it take to get in from the Hatton Cross place?
Old Aug 5, 19, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by DeeGee26.2 View Post
Can I ask a question about this hotel? I'm flying out of LHR in Feb, and need a hotel the night before. Currently, I don't know what my travelling partner has planned, but I've got enough points to book a reward night here, or the other Garden Inn at Hatton Cross.

This hotel appeals because of its location - extra time in bed is always welcomed! Although if I end up needing to book something cheaper for my friend, then I might need to cancel.

If I book a room with points and then need to cancel, do I get the points back? And is it really worth the extra 9000 points in the first place? It'll only be a standard room. How much longer will it take to get in from the Hatton Cross place?
Yes, you can cancel a reward stay with Hilton. I think the cancellation policy is 48-72 hours so you should check to be certain.

I normally allow 30 minutes from the HGI Hatton Cross to T5. You don't say which terminal you're flying in to or out of at LHR? If T2/T3 it's right there. If T5 you're about 15 mins from the hotel allowing for the 1 stop on the tube and a bit of time waiting for it.
Old Aug 5, 19, 11:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There's a bluetooth symbol on the A/C controls so I was wondering whether it's possible to control that as well as the TV from my phone but don't see a way to do it. Anyone have any ideas?
Yes, the manufacturer has an app that they release via Playstore, which then uses BT to control the a/c. I work (occasionally!) in an office building which uses this company's system, and this is where the App is really useful, you can tab up and down even by fractions of a celsius. I managed to just about hack the Crowne Plaza T4 version after a bit of trying, but I couldn't get the app to control the HGI version, even though the app, BT and a/c box did sync. So it just showed the settings rather than controlled them. To be honest, I don't think the point of the app and bluetooth really works in a hotel setting unless you were spending a lot of time there.
Old Aug 5, 19, 11:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I normally allow 30 minutes from the HGI Hatton Cross to T5. You don't say which terminal you're flying in to or out of at LHR? If T2/T3 it's right there. If T5 you're about 15 mins from the hotel allowing for the 1 stop on the tube and a bit of time waiting for it.
The other point to bear in mind is that access to HGI T2 is going to be entirely indoors from all LHR terminals.

Assuming you were going to walk from Hatton Cross to the hotel, you can't avoid being outdoors for some of the time, and thus exposed to the elements - such as they are in Middlesex - for at least a few minutes. It's 375 metres from the tube station to HGI Hatton Cross, or HGI London Heathrow Airport to use its now somewhat misleading official title.
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:30 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
Yes, you can cancel a reward stay with Hilton. I think the cancellation policy is 48-72 hours so you should check to be certain.

I stayed at the HGI Hatton Cross in April and we just took the shuttle to the airport. Took 15 minutes and our terminal was about the third stop. We paid at the hotel for the shuttle and it was charged to room (so extra hilton points there). My two teenage boys were free. It picked us up 3 feet from the door to the hotel so quite easy. The hotel was nicer than I expected, and much better than the awful HGI at JFK where we stayed coming in.
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by shmom View Post
I stayed at the HGI Hatton Cross in April and we just took the shuttle to the airport. Took 15 minutes and our terminal was about the third stop. We paid at the hotel for the shuttle and it was charged to room (so extra hilton points there). My two teenage boys were free. It picked us up 3 feet from the door to the hotel so quite easy. The hotel was nicer than I expected, and much better than the awful HGI at JFK where we stayed coming in.
Given the cost of the Heathrow Hoppa buses it can be cheaper and infinitely more convenient to get a local car company rather than take the bus. I always do this unless I am staying right by the terminal I land at or depart from. I would say that there are probably other better options at LHR for anyone with Hilton or other status that does not need to be in such close proximity to T2 including the Hiltons at T4 and T5. I can see it being a raging PITA to get a car collection at HGI T2, I tried to take my own hire car there when leaving to collect my luggage and ended up being forced into the car park (although there is a way to park at a drop point if you can figure out how to access, it certainly isn't intuitive). I would absolutely not even consider taking anything more than hand luggage on public transport either.
Old Aug 7, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
You can now take the airport trolleys all the way up to the rooms, it's a very easy 5 minute from T2 drop off to the room with more luggage than I can handle on my own, if flying early the next day you might want to keep the trolley inside your room so you don't have to go back to the carpark in the morning and get a trolley from there. Stayed at 9004 and views are almost identical to the photo upthread, ie spectacular. Breakfast is nothing to write home about and next time flying from T3 I will skip the breakfast and head to the lounge. Dining options in the evening are limited, the hotel restaurant and the T2 wetherspoons are realistically the only ones walkable, neither of them any inspirational but they do the job. Flying from T2,3 with bags then this will be the go-to hotel but going hand baggage only? hmmm T4 Hilton isn't that difficult to get to and the facilities there are better. Side note: the carpet in that room didn't seem to fit properly, as I open the main door all the way, the carpet sort of stops the door from closing and it won't close itself which is strange for a brand new hotel
Old Aug 7, 19, 3:10 pm

Bypassed the long line at check-in using my digital key which didn't work in the elevator. I should have taken that as a sign. Instead someone else got in and up we went. Digital key didn't work at the room. Hoofed it back down and waited in line. The lady tried to tell me that I needed to be on their WiFi for it to work. I tried to explain to her that wasn't how the technology worked but she wasn't having it so I asked for a physical key.
I managed to use the Digital Key without issue yesterday, including in the lift and at the door. As it was a late arrival it was convenient just to head straight to the room. What I tend to do is not have any wifi on, just use the cell phone network, since particularly somewhere like that the phone may be bouncing between HAL's 4 transmitters in the area, plus the hotel's service and TfL too. I also had the App open well before getting to the lift, just in case there was some background processing going on, I doubt that's a prerequisite, but it did all work fine. I also check out of the hotel on the App too, the first time I've done that in the UK, though it's well established in the USA.
Old Aug 13, 19, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
does anyone know whether the rooftop bar is open yet?
Old Aug 13, 19, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Wiz805 View Post
No, not yet. And the highest floor in use is floor 9 at the moment.
Wiz805 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC silver
Booked for 27th September. Fingers crossed for the rooftop bar!
Old Aug 14, 19, 5:44 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by Wiz805 View Post
I stayed there i this past Sunday, 11 August. The manager states that it hopes to have it happen in around 2 weeks.. 😳😉✈️
Wiz805 likes this.

Search this Thread