Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by bse118
Eh, I don't know about that. As a "business traveler" if I am staying at a hotel attached to an airport terminal, I'm most likely arriving late and/or departing early, and am only there for one night. Convenience and a good bed is what matters - not "full-service" amenities which I won't use.
1) When "arriving late and/or departing early", room service is clutch - and only usually available in full service properties.
2) The brand designation connotes other things - such as the quality of the "good bed" to which you refer. Do you prefer the HGI dial bed thingy over the Hilton mattress?
3) There are egos involved. Just sayin. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't get said in focus groups, but...
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by arlflyer
1) When "arriving late and/or departing early", room service is clutch - and only usually available in full service properties.
2) The brand designation connotes other things - such as the quality of the "good bed" to which you refer. Do you prefer the HGI dial bed thingy over the Hilton mattress?
3) There are egos involved. Just sayin. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't get said in focus groups, but...
For those that HGI just isn't good enough,staying on airport also likely isn't to their liking. Those who will be likely to stay here won't care about full service or not, they're not going to be there long enough for it to matter. They'll still have access to plenty of places to eat at airport, plus access to the HGI pantry. Vast majority will only care about getting some sleep before or after a flight and then move on, thus no need to have fancy rooms like at a Hilton.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Abidjan
T5 Hilton is not attached, unfortunately.
Calling it T5 is misleading. I found out it's call
LHR T5 Hilton only because it's in the LHR T5 CARGO area. It's actually the hotel furthest from the terminals that still gets Hoppa Bus service.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Calling it T5 is misleading. I found out it's call
LHR T5 Hilton only because it's in the LHR T5 CARGO area. It's actually the hotel furthest from the terminals that still gets Hoppa Bus service.
Yeah, the T4 one is much easier to get to from T5. Standard Heathrow logic.
JDiver likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by craigthemif

Why it's not a Hilton escapes me... they will certainly get a substantial pricing premium.
It appears that when the hotel was designed and even when ground breaking started, it wasn't certain yet under what brand / style it was going to operate. But the design probably wasn't for a full service hotel.

This May 2017 Arora Group press release doesn't mention a brand, just that it will be a 351-bedroom hotel.
https://thearoragroup.com/media/pres...rminal-2-hotel
By October 2017 it was clear it was going to become a HGI
Heathrow T2 - O'Reilly Concrete Products
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am planning a UK visit next year and part of my schedule meant I was arriving late into T2 on an Aer Lingus flight. Quick search on the Hilton website and this beauty turned up with a flexi rate of GBP74 for the night. Billy Bargain. Can't work out where it could be located (I have only ever flown out of the new-ish T2 in darkness - very early or very late so have no idea how it sits within the central area). Walking distance, no shuttles or Hoppa's is a great bonus.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
DIdn't it say opening Feb 2019 before? Now it's Sep 2019.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
DIdn't it say opening Feb 2019 before? Now it's Sep 2019.
The hotel's web site says they're now accepting reservations from 14 August 2019.
https://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...EGI/index.html
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Checked day room rate for a random date in October, got GBP99.00, but only available between 10am to 4pm. I think this is too short.

A T5 Sofitel day room is about GBP135.00 and allows 8am to 6pm.

Both quotes are for members with no status. Early/late check-in may well be possible, but the published HGI times deter me personally.

It's good that there will be more options though.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE
So what is the better Hilton option for those of us arriving/departing from T2 while we wait for this hotel to open?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jasdou
So what is the better Hilton option for those of us arriving/departing from T2 while we wait for this hotel to open?
Hi,

There is the Hilton Garden inn close to Hatton Cross undergruond station ( then a 5-10min walk)

or get to T4 then use the covered walkway to the Hilton T4 ( very nice hotel)

The hilton T5 is not close to T5 and involves a Hotel Hoppa bus from T5 ( not sure from T2/3) or private taxi ( I like this hotel)

There is also a Doubletree close by which is not bad.

Regards

TBS
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

T1 is no longer in use ( for years) and the airside areas have been demolished/being demolished and replaced by T2.

The attached hotel at T 5 is a Sofitel . The Hilton T5 is a few miles away ( by hotel hoppa bus)

Regards

TBS
I avoid Hilton "T5" like the plague. It has no real relationship to T5 and you need to take a poorly run cash only bus to get there. There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself, but it is not convenient to get there. The T4 hotel is connected to the Terminal and has a free shuttle to T5.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by mountain flyer
I avoid Hilton "T5" like the plague. It has no real relationship to T5 and you need to take a poorly run cash only bus to get there. There is nothing wrong with the hotel itself, but it is not convenient to get there. The T4 hotel is connected to the Terminal and has a free shuttle to T5.
Hi,

True although last time I contacted the concierge for a taxi firm and it was reasonably priced (especially for 2 people) both from T5 to the hotel and back to T3 the next morning.

Regards

TBS
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:28 pm

I'll have to try that. Thanks.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:48 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
They accept reservations from 1st of July 2019 now.
onobond and wizla like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.