Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:24 pm
ECR

Originally Posted by kkong42
Looks like 2019 status, including rollover nights from 2018, is starting to be processed.

My account is correct (one 1-night stay, checked out on 01 Jan), and stayed >120 nights in 2018.

It seems to have happened really quickly this year, so there seems to be at least one positive from the IT update.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Now i have the no Status page for 2019 supposed to be diamond.... Updating Your Status
Old Jan 4, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: HHonors, Etihad Guest
Thumbs down Nothing is safe with Hilton Honours since the upgrade

Originally Posted by sapguy
Document ALL your stays carefully until your correct status level has been confirmed on 4/1/2019
Unfortunately confirmation of the status means nothing. I received confirmation of continued Diamond status in April, based on my 2017 stays. Following the disasterous transfer of data during the upgrade I discovered that my status had been changed to Gold when I checked in 24th Dec. Since then I have been told that I was Gold from August until I requalified as Diamond at the end of the year, therefore 2018 does not count towards Lifetime Diamond. Even worse is that in April 2016 I did not retain Diamond automatically due to some stays which posted incorrectly at the end of December 2015 and missing stay reports that had not been actioned, however as the app and website stop showing progress mid-December, I was not aware. It was quickly fixed following an email exchange. Now I am told that because I was Gold for 3 days in 2016, that year also does not qualify towards Lifetime Diamond.

I have been been advised that I should ask for an exception once I believe that I have qualified for Lifetime Diamond which could be in 4 years, but as it stands I need to qualify for another 6 years. I now have very little trust in Hilton, especially as stays continue to be incorrectly posted with great regularity (at least six stays since December 2018).

I do love the Hilton brand, since most of my stays are Middle East and Europe. Is it worth staying with Hilton and all this mess, or are there good opportunities to match status to othe groups?
Old Jan 4, 2019, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by adobbing

I have also got one of the two I was waiting for which checked out on Oct 28, still waiting for the one that checked out Oct 31!
i am still waiting for the 2500 LH miles on two of my stays to post (one 10/28 checkout, one 10/30 checkout). I decided to call them again. This time, the agent opens a case for me, hopefully i'll hear from their back-end team about this in 10 days.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by robnc35
Now i have the no Status page for 2019 supposed to be diamond.... Updating Your Status
😨 Yikes. Same here except I'm Gold & now all my future bookings have disappeared tonight too.😢

Update: Phew😀 Future stays are back as of this am. "Updating status" continues though.

Last edited by MAXII; Jan 6, 2019 at 9:59 am Reason: Update
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
New Year same old problems. Reward stays still not accruing any points. Insanity.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ashkale
New Year same old problems. Reward stays still not accruing any points. Insanity.
What's odd is the inconsistency of this. Some FTers seem to have none of their reward stays crediting points, while others (to wit, your truly) have had points with rewards stays posting as normal.

Heck, on the last points stay a couple weeks ago not only did the points for that stay post correctly, but a milestone bonus that should have been credited to the previous stay was also posted to tat stay.

I do have a hunch... the focused/limited service/ex-Promus properties use a different flavor of OnQ PMS than the full service properties do and there are some weird international nuances.

If I may...two questions: Was this stay domestic US or international? And was it at a focused service/ex-Promus (e.g. Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, HGI) or full-service (Hilton proper, Conrad, etc.)?

My "no problem" stay was a US Hilton, FWIW.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Has happened to me at HGI Kuala Lumpur and Singapore anda Hilton Petaling Jaya..not sure if there is a connection with the property type.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:22 am

HA to HH 2 Days Only!

Yay😀 I transferred from my HA miles to Hilton 5th Jan. & today they are in my H total points & detail activity.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
A reward stay of mine from November hasn't posted a stay/night credit. Consequence I'm on 19 stays rather than 20 for 2018. Hilton recognised part of the IT issue but currently unable to sort it. I suspect I'll be put down as silver rather than gold due to this. Any suggestions where best to head? Lauren?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
As an IT consultant involved in many software implementations, upgrades, data conversions, etc. for multiple States and major U.S. cities, the utter incompetence of this is stunning. Absolutely stunning.
ashkale, wizla and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Jump
As an IT consultant involved in many software implementations, upgrades, data conversions, etc. for multiple States and major U.S. cities, the utter incompetence of this is stunning. Absolutely stunning.
+1.
Hah. Go help them and then lend yourself towards Turkish Airlines who are also having a stunning hickup there
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Jump
I also do this for a living and I agree. What is even more amazing is that this seems to be just as much a negative impact among the elites as the Marriott merger was with theirs yet the simplicity of this update is at least an order of magnitude below the Marriott/Starwood integration. Why is no one in leadership at Hilton taking notice about this to correct, communicate, and compensate??
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: M&M / hhonors
My counter for 2019 tells me since the 3rd of January that I should hang tight while they update the rest of the meter. I find this quite unusual. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thx
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sMk_
My counter for 2019 tells me since the 3rd of January that I should hang tight while they update the rest of the meter. I find this quite unusual. Anyone else in the same boat?

Thx
Not only same boat but fairly typical, IIRC -- I think it has historically taken a few weeks into the new year before things start clicking along for the new year. (I'm on my third stay of the year and waiting to see what things look like with 35 rollover nights if it makes you feel any better)

Stays thus far have all been posted correctly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.