Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:30 pm

Just wanted to share and add to the data point.

Had 3 stays/7 nights missing over the 31 Oct / early Nov period. Multiple emails and chat sessions to get my 60 nights milestone bonus was unsuccessful over the last 6 weeks. Once was given 3000 "we are sorry" points, but mostly was the usual response as reported here. I finally read about those using Twitter DM. I've never used Twitter, set up a new account purposely for this.

Glad to report after 3 days (slow Twitter response, maybe due to time zone difference. I'm from Malaysia) I woke up today with a DM reply as below.

"You are absolutely correct. This is still an ongoing issue that has affected the posting of the Milestone bonuses. We apologize you were impacted. We see that you have met the requirements and have posted 40,000 points to your account. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. - Charli"

My account is showing the extra 40,000 points, but the milestone slider has not moved. At least my points tally is now correct. Not sure if later the missing 7 nights (making it 62 nights total for the year) will update and carry over to next year.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:13 pm

I was downgraded. I knew something was wrong when I did not get premium wifi last night when I checked in. Called and they fixed it in ten minutes.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Data Point: I'm missing a stay. I contacted them on Twitter. Response requested info to verify that I am the owner of my account. I responded with the requested info. 18 hours pass. Someone else running the Twitter account requests other verification info.

And I thought Marriott was bad.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Data Point: I'm missing a stay. I contacted them on Twitter. Response requested info to verify that I am the owner of my account. I responded with the requested info. 18 hours pass. Someone else running the Twitter account requests other verification info.

And I thought Marriott was bad.
Yup, each response was different person but was still happy they manage well compared to chat and email. They also asked me to verify my phone, email and full name on file. Fair enough.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:41 pm

Programs: HHonors, Etihad Guest
They are having a system problem with tier status. I have been Diamond for a number of years. For the last week I have been greeted as Gold, but when I ask the hotel checks the system and confirms Diamond. Last night the app shows Gold and I have big argument with the hotel. I rang Customer Services, got it corrected back to Diamond. This morning the app shows Gold again. It seems that every time the system updates the year to date stays it is setting tier based on current year earning, not the annual status.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by mranwa
Yup, each response was different person but was still happy they manage well compared to chat and email. They also asked me to verify my phone, email and full name on file. Fair enough.
Each response was a different person for me as well, just try to respond to them as soon as possible in the DM chat.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: HHonors, Etihad Guest
Same message

Originally Posted by limey1K
I was downgraded a few days ago and I sent an email to the Diamond desk. I received a response today:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your Honors account. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

We are aware of an issue where some member’s accounts are having their tiers downgraded inadvertently. This is sometimes occurring when a manual stay is posted but there are other accounts where we are seeing a downgrade that is occurring systematically. We have a ticket open and will update this message when we have more information.

You may contact our Hilton Honors Support Desk at 1-866-424-1877 for further assistance with regards to your tier upgrade

As always, thanks for traveling with us and please let us know if you have any other questions. You can reach us any time at [email protected].
i have got the same response after emailing. The chat bot on the website was hopeless.

I just spoke to local call centre who could not fix my account, but told me that my total stays for 2017 was 29. Since I requalified with 30 stays last year, it seems either a historic stay has been deleted or they have a bug in the calculation of stays. I was also told that I have been Gold since 20th August 2018, although the app showed Diamond status until yesterday. I first noticed something wrong on 24th December when I was greeted as a Gold member.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; SPG/Mar Platinum; UA Silver
I've been logging in to my Hilton account every morning since December 22nd when I noticed this issue. When I talked to Hilton on the 22nd, they said my account had gotten downgraded to Gold on December 20th. Every morning since then I've logged in to check - still showing Gold (the same with the mobile application). However, this morning, December 28th, my account finally shows Diamond again. My stays, nights, points, and base points are all what they should be. So it appears that this is slowly get worked out.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
I have 3 stays next week and refused to do it at Hilton, not because of the screw up and IT issues, but because NOBODY can give me a straight answer. Nobody can tell me why my status changed, why I never received my bonus, etc. Then add that nobody can give me even a ballpark of when these issues will be fixed and as someone that lives a points game as a small business owner, Im not willing to spend money with a brand that cannot give me the courtesy of at least responding to my email or phone call with more than a stock letter.

While I prefer this program over Hyatt in their current states (I was Hyatt Diamond before Globalist program began), when issues occurred, I was able to speak to someone and get issues resolved or at least treated as a customer, rather than given stock garbage answers.
ashkale likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
After contacting them, I was told that everything posted correctly. I went back in and looked again and miraculously everything posted correctly, and they gave me a 5,000 point bonus. So, either they fixed my account and feigned ignorance or their systems coincidentally happened to catch up for my account today. Either way, I'm happy now!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:30 pm

Has anyone gotten their 2017 rollover stays to count yet? I have put in multiple calls to the Diamond line starting three weeks ago and they've "opened cases" to no avail. This doesn't even count the frustrating email exchanges with the illiterate/bot Diamond email system. What else should I try? Any reason to think Twitter will work better?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Check
Has anyone gotten their 2017 rollover stays to count yet? I have put in multiple calls to the Diamond line starting three weeks ago and they've "opened cases" to no avail. This doesn't even count the frustrating email exchanges with the illiterate/bot Diamond email system. What else should I try? Any reason to think Twitter will work better?
Had 3 separate cases logged as a result of online chat, that was approaching 2 weeks ago and issues not resolved. Also contemplating twitter as email has produced nothing other than moronic auto type responses.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:44 pm

Nope, still broken. The only "comfort" that I have has been from a response on Twitter that stated that my status is correct (Diamond) but the IT issues lie between the Hilton system and the website/mobile app. Why this is taking so long to fix is beyond me but none of the patches appear to have worked to date.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Nope....... I'm still two rollover stays missing, my stay count for 2018 is 31 but should be 33.
I was told via the chat box that they will show up in my account and will still rollover for 2019 ........ I'm not holding my breath!

Aside from this with the new speedy stay posting update has been working however my stay yesterday at Hilton Birmingham metropole has posted but not the points.....obviously still issues at Hilton IT.

Last edited by wizla; Dec 30, 2018 at 2:50 am
Old Dec 30, 2018, 5:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Can't even recall how many stats / nights I did last year or what the rollover figures were. But nothing extra is showing I suspect that I am due some.

I am over 60 nights, and 30 odd stays this year although my app says 0 stays and 5 nights so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.