Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:19 pm

How Long From Case/Tickets to Completion?

Once a Case ticket has been issued, is there a general time period before an issue is resolved? I have two case tracking numbers created for me during a chat.

One issue is for missing points from a cancellation and an e-mail to me, noted in part "Upon reviewing your file, I see one of our colleagues have created a case regarding your Honors points to be credited back to your account. Kindly allow a little more time for this Honors points to be reflected online".

The other ticket I have had no communication about but it is an ERewards award that is outstanding and I'm waiting for 8 weeks to go by given info. up thread before following up on that one (I already followed up with ERewards - who advised 6 weeks but that was an auto-response.)
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by MAXII
Once a Case ticket has been issued, is there a general time period before an issue is resolved? I have two case tracking numbers created for me during a chat.

One issue is for missing points from a cancellation and an e-mail to me, noted in part "Upon reviewing your file, I see one of our colleagues have created a case regarding your Honors points to be credited back to your account. Kindly allow a little more time for this Honors points to be reflected online".

The other ticket I have had no communication about but it is an ERewards award that is outstanding and I'm waiting for 8 weeks to go by given info. up thread before following up on that one (I already followed up with ERewards - who advised 6 weeks but that was an auto-response.)
Also interested in answer.

After numerous emails going unanswered, aside from moronic identikit robot type replies, I now have 3 separate case numbers.
When I asked about timescales they terminated the chat session!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:47 am

It's a farce. Getting nowhere with fixing the errors. Missing Miles&More miles. Missing stay credit. Missing points.

To make things even better, the past stays and points activity views in my account no longer show any detail other than the stay date and hotel name, and don't expand to show any further detail.

And the new layout for rooms and rates when booking is absolutely awful and misleading.

It really was never even a tiny problem that it sometimes took a few days for points to show in the account after a stay. To bring us this fantastic (useless) new benefit of points appearing within 24 hours (how amazing...) they've caused so much hassle and wasted time.

In every interaction with Hilton CS they demonstrate total contempt for members and an absolute refusal to take any responsibility for their errors.

I have completely given up any hope of having the errors fixed, and Hilton has dropped from first choice to 4th or 5th.

Even the new 2000 points per stay promo holds little appeal because unlike in the past I have zero confidence that reward stays will qualify for the bonus. Reward stays now don't even qualify for MyWay bonus points or nights stayed, so the chances of triggering these promo pints is slim.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Update: Stay 50 still showing as "0" points, and I'm missing a stay in Hilton's count. It's as though this stay does not exist.

This was a points stay, so I would only be getting the bonus points. The 10k "Milestone" bonus showed up under stay 51, so since this will only be the 1,000 "My Way" points I'm not going to worry about it.

...except that I'm now approaching 60 nights. Including the missing night, I'm at 55, with another already booked for Dec. If I don't get to 59 by EOY, this is not an issue. However, if this missing stay is the difference between hitting the 60 night 40k "Milestone" bonus or not, you can bet I'm going to raise a stink.
Update: Stay 50 STILL showing as "0" points, and I'm STILL missing a night's stay in Hilton's count (now at 57 nights - 56 by Hilton's count).

The latest update from Hilton is the counter is displaying incorrectly on the App and Web, but has been updated on their back-end. I'm not entirely convinced of this, but... As I will not hit 60 nights (have only one more stay booked before EOY), I'm done with this battle. They awarded the 10k "Milestone" bonus with the 51st night, and I'm not going to hit the 40k milestone, so I'm only out the 1,000 "My Way" points for the award stay on night 50.

All in all, a very poorly executed systems "upgrade". ...not a very customer friendly experience.

On a more positive note: Merry Christmas to all who celebrate; Season's Greetings to everyone, and best wishes for safe travels in the New Year!

Last edited by NapaPatTours; Dec 19, 2018 at 1:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by todderz
...Reward stays now don't even qualify for MyWay bonus points or nights stayed...
Apologies, but did I miss something? Is this verified by Hilton, or speculation based on our collective experience with this "upgrade"?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Reward stays indeed qualify for the myway bonus and stay credit, just the IT screwed up. Had a couple of reward stays with forced incidentals post just fine,too risky still to do pure reward stays and as still missing 3 stays from October-November not going to bring on more frustration, without clear timelines for resolution of previous problems.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was told by a "high up" in Dallas that this week there will be several IT patches deployed.

Some errors I've become aware of:

Lifetime Diamond nights no longer including reward nights.
Very difficult to edit stays before Oct 31.
One very beneficial flaw for us.

I think if you didn't get your miles now, you won't get them, CS has been proving HHonors point compo in lieu of miles.

I got my account refreshed and it triggered a milestone bonus.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Checked out yesterday morning , points and stay credit posted overnight, just like last week did! This stay also put me over 60 nights and the 40K bonus points posted as well, however, they are buried in the stay of this week not a separate line item. Thought that was a little odd, but something to be aware of for the group.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Checked out yesterday morning , points and stay credit posted overnight, just like last week did! This stay also put me over 60 nights and the 40K bonus points posted as well, however, they are buried in the stay of this week not a separate line item. Thought that was a little odd, but something to be aware of for the group.
The part that is odd to me is that hte 40k bonus posted. I was told via chat that it now takes 30 days as I completed mine 2 weeks ago and nothing.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by TheTourVan
The part that is odd to me is that hte 40k bonus posted. I was told via chat that it now takes 30 days as I completed mine 2 weeks ago and nothing.
I'm not complaining. Feel like I should gift the Gold status today before things break again.

Edit: I'm 100% on paid stays this year, and I was beyond afraid to book anything on points after reading everything to ensure I hit stay and night credits for the year.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:39 pm

anybody got the Lufthansa 2500 miles posted?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I think this is fallout from the IT problems but I'm not sure. I had a one night Dec 18 stay post. It was my 29th stay and 39th night. The status circle on the website and the app now says "Congratulations on your Diamond status". The website says "Based on Nights earned this year, your 2019 tier would be Diamond." But the counter says 29 Stays and 39 Nights, which is correct. I had 37 nights last year, so there were no rollover nights to add in.

In addition, below the counter on the app it says I have 1 night needed to get 10,000 bonus points. However, along with the normal points for the most recent stay it added 10,000 points for "2018 MILESTONE 10000 POINTS AT 40N".

I have a one night local "mattress run" stay booked to get me over the top but I'm wondering whether I should cancel it and hope that what appears to be an IT glitch sticks.

Last edited by Stripe; Dec 21, 2018 at 1:10 am Reason: Add screenshot
Old Dec 21, 2018, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
I think this is fallout from the IT problems but I'm not sure. I had a one night Dec 18 stay post. It was my 29th stay and 39th night. The status circle on the website and the app now says "Congratulations on your Diamond status". The website says "Based on Nights earned this year, your 2019 tier would be Diamond." But the counter says 29 Stays and 39 Nights, which is correct. I had 37 nights last year, so there were no rollover nights to add in.
I noticed just now that I have the opposite situation... I have been Gold since end January after a Fast Track Challenge (which should apply until March 2020 if I understand correctly), and have racked up quite some nights since but am just short of having reached the regular Gold threshold. Today the app and website suddenly show my current status as Silver..!

Will give it a day or two before contacting Hilton to see if it gets sorted. So Stripe, maybe do the mattress run to be on the safe side

Last edited by Sasnes; Dec 21, 2018 at 2:06 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Checked out yesterday after a 5 night stay. Points - with details - correctly posted to my account this morning including 10K bonus. That is the fastest they have ever posted in 25 years.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:25 am

The speed at which points posted was never a problem for me.

Making it a day faster at the expense of screwing up transactions that occurred close to the time of the IT change, and breaking the way reward stays count was really not a good exchange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.