IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florens
Past stays and points activity showing now. Finally.
Same here!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
A stay completed yesterday showed points added to the total this morning. This afternoon, all credit details appear correctly.
Still missing, however, is a 40'000 mile stone bonus. I emailed Diamond desk 8 days ago and they opened a case. So far no answer yet. The "magic" 30 days threshold will be over tomorrow. Let's wait and hope
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
My 50th night "Milestone" Bonus showed up under my 51st night stay (2 different hotels - 2 different cities). Folio for 50th night still showing 0 points, while 51st night shows 18k+ (inc the 10k bonus).
Update: Stay 50 still showing as "0" points, and I'm missing a stay in Hilton's count. It's as though this stay does not exist.

This was a points stay, so I would only be getting the bonus points. The 10k "Milestone" bonus showed up under stay 51, so since this will only be the 1,000 "My Way" points I'm not going to worry about it.

...except that I'm now approaching 60 nights. Including the missing night, I'm at 55, with another already booked for Dec. If I don't get to 59 by EOY, this is not an issue. However, if this missing stay is the difference between hitting the 60 night 40k "Milestone" bonus or not, you can bet I'm going to raise a stink.

Last edited by NapaPatTours; Nov 30, 2018 at 11:43 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Newbie question, so easy on this please: Why do I have some stays posted but it shows zero points? Only correlation I can see that those stays are booked through corporate rates by travel agents, but they are all points-earning rates I know. Are the points probably updated later?
These were not shown at all during this IT update but now today popped up.

Thanks for insights.
In my "normal" experience, it usually takes 2-3 business days for points to post. However, I'm still missing credit for a stay from the 1st week in Nov. Give it a couple days, and let us know if it updates properly.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
I have not received stay credit or nights credit for my 5-night points stay October 31. The stay posted a couple of days after, but no update to the number of nights or stays.

So I contacted the Diamond Desk in the middle of November. The reply said that everything would be correct a couple of days later. After one week without any credits I wrote again. This time the reply was that everything would be fine before the end of November.

Today it's December, and still nothing. So I wrote the Diamond Desk again. And the reply was completely meaningless. The reply was from [email protected] (the same as I wrote) and it said "Since you are a Diamond member you need to contact the Diamond Desk about this"!!!!!!!

What???? What kind of people are writing stupid things like that?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
I have not received stay credit or nights credit for my 5-night points stay October 31. The stay posted a couple of days after, but no update to the number of nights or stays.

So I contacted the Diamond Desk in the middle of November. The reply said that everything would be correct a couple of days later. After one week without any credits I wrote again. This time the reply was that everything would be fine before the end of November.

Today it's December, and still nothing. So I wrote the Diamond Desk again. And the reply was completely meaningless. The reply was from [email protected] (the same as I wrote) and it said "Since you are a Diamond member you need to contact the Diamond Desk about this"!!!!!!!

What???? What kind of people are writing stupid things like that?
Yes I have a points stay from the first week in November that the stay/nights and myway points have not posted. My guess is they don't know if or when this problem may be fixed. I am still waiting for returned points from award cancellations. I don't think they know if or when the points might be returned. I wonder if new points stays post correctly or if points are returned quickly if an award stay is cancelled??
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:40 pm

I got an adjustment for myway bonus points after half a dozen emails and chats.

Still waiting on the nights stayed credit for that same stay.
Still waiting on 20k points to be returned from cancelled award stays.
Still waiting on miles and more.

Chat just gets people who say "we have a specialized team for this" and tells you to email.
Email gets no reply (for weeks)

Meanwhile, some people are reporting that they have not only had their problems corrected but also been given 20k points by way of apology, and others report direct assistance from Hilton staff who use this forum.
Seeing how different some people's experience is really doesn't help you feel satisfied when you get another "please wait 48 hours" auto-response
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
The "fun" conversation with the Diamond Desk has continued for a few hours. I just press "reply" every time I reply, and the address it goes to is [email protected] A new person gets back to me every time.

First I complained about the email above where the Diamond Desk asked me to contact the Diamond Desk. The reply was:
"Thanks for reporting your missing stay. We can inform you that it was posted to your account 3 weeks ago"! YES, I know that. And I wrote that in my first email. IT's the stays and nights that are not updated.
I wrote back and said so!

New reply. "Your missing stay was posted 3 weeks ago. So everything is OK"!. Yes! But not number of stays and nights. So I wrote back. Telling them once more.

New reply. "Please tell the date for the stay, hotel and confirmation number". It was all in my original mail!!!! So I wrote back and told them. But included the information once again.

New reply. "We can't do anything until you send us the folio for your stay so we can check your points"! What? I told them several times that it was a points stay. So I don't ask for points. Only stay and nights. But I downloaded the empty folio and sent it with a new explanation. Since then I haven't heard anything.

This is so stupid and a waste of time. I wonder if they just try to make me give up by giving only meaningless replies?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 1:41 pm

Yes, this is exactly what it is like and it's so frustrating.

The same totally irrelevant questions every time, each time demonstrating that they did not read what you said, they just chose a standard reply.

It's infuriating. I'm working through all my upcoming bookings and switching them away.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:46 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I've always had good experience with the Diamond Desk phone reps, but this experience with their email reps has been disheartening.

Now up to 13 emails and I feel like it's Groundhog Day -- I'm simply trying get a stay/nights credit for an early November stay and every email is from a different person (who clearly has not read the trail) and they kept sending me back to the hotel to post the stay credit despite the fact that I have sent them (twice) a screenshot from the Sales Director showing that she did indeed post the points.

I think that the Diamond Desk email responders simply know very little about their program, and this didn't use to be the case. I wonder if Hilton has gone to some canned CRM "solution" which rewards not actual problem solving but number of emails responded to with boilerplates.

Sigh.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If I were you, I'd CC my response to the office of the director of marketing every time I'd respond to the "diamond desk" so that they can see how stupid the responses are, and how the "diamond desk" obviously isn't taking care of a high value customer.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:23 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
All

My account is showing odd ‘progress to next tier’ information:

- 5 stays to get to diamond
- 46 nights to get to diamond
- c. 80k points to get to diamond

You may be able to work out my question... I think my stay record is inflated (and is clear when you look at how far to get to diamond via the other two routes).

Will this sort itself out? Is it worth trying to reach diamond given it’s not far off? Would it be honoured? Appreciate no one can predict the future, but thoughts based in fact and experience welcome!

Thanks!
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by gcampbell
All

My account is showing odd ‘progress to next tier’ information:

- 5 stays to get to diamond
- 46 nights to get to diamond
- c. 80k points to get to diamond

You may be able to work out my question... I think my stay record is inflated (and is clear when you look at how far to get to diamond via the other two routes).

Will this sort itself out? Is it worth trying to reach diamond given it’s not far off? Would it be honoured? Appreciate no one can predict the future, but thoughts based in fact and experience welcome!

Thanks!

You could try it, but I suspect there is some caveat in the Ts&Cs that allows them to get out of giving you status if that status resulted from an error of some sort. I guess the questions you should ask are:
- Do you think it may not be an error, and that you really are that close (if so, there should not be an issue)
- What will it cost you to get those 5 stays
- Does that cost outweigh the benefits of being a Diamond for 2019
- Are you going to stay somewhere anyway (will some or all of the stays already be part of existing plans, so no additional expense)
- If they don't give you status because there in fact was an error, are you willing to accept that risk
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:10 am

After so many emails and chats have got me nowhere, I tried twitter.

Soon got a reply saying "we'd like to help" and asking me to DM my details.

I did, only to receive a reply stating that they are "undergoing system maintenance that may mean some features are unavailable".

In other words, yet another total failure to actually read and understand the problem I'm reporting, and a generic reply that has no connection to anything I've said.

It's comically bad. If they had absolutely no way of contacting them, it wouldn't be worse than this.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 10:07 am

Finally:

Please accept our apologies, we can understand your frustrations due to our system update. We were able to manually load and return your 20,000 points. In addition, we have deposited 5,000 points into your account for you due to the delay. Please allow up to 24 business hours for your points to reflect. We thank you for being the very best part of Hilton and for your continued trust in Hilton for your travel needs! Please let us know if we can assist with anything else
It's only taken nearly a month. Still working on the missing stay credits and M&M miles, but that's the main issue resolved.

Anyone else still having no luck getting errors corrected, try twitter

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.