Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 8:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
It looks like I am all up to date except there was a one night points stay at the Seelbach on the 1st where I am not getting the diamond 1K points and I don't think the its showing up in the stay total. At this point it probably isn't worth the effort fixing
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Have you tried calling in? The agents seem empowered to do something if the points are needed for immediate booking needs.
Negative. I am still waiting on a points transfer from 10/29 so I can do an award booking. I called in and was told to send an e-mail or open a case. Booked with cash, screen shot the points I would have paid if I could and will deal with it if they get back to me.

And yeah, Marriott has its issues. I had a recent stay not post / e-mail me my receipt. Fortunately, it was a business trip and Concur e-receipt worked for expense reporting. Missing stay took about four days after submission to correct. One in four of my digital keys has worked.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SWAGGA
I'm not the only one folks... Hilton is losing a ton of money/loyalty over this 3 week+ debacle.

Myself, and another co-worker (who books 100s of nights for others), has called in multiple times and eventually hung up after 30+ minutes on hold (no exaggeration.) I also submitted a missing stay request on Monday for the stay that ended 3 weeks ago, 2 1/2 weeks when I submitted, and still hasn't posted. I did have one of my 5 stays during this outage post, it was on in the middle of the others, which is random.

I too, have managed large IT projects including systems merging due to company acquisitions. We tend to spend 10x-100x the amount of time planning major changes than the change actually takes. 3 weeks now Hilton hasn't been able to get things straight - at their size - they should have the top consultants in the world in the building by now fixing these issues. This was an originally planned 48 hour outage IIRC (Oct 30-31), and we're now at 3 weeks... and the only thing I've seen is passive aggressive messages about "your stays are coming" with the underlying "STOP CALLING US" tone.

On a side note, I already occasionally stay at Marriott/SPG properties. I've had zero issues booking stays or getting points during and shortly after their major merger. As always, your mileage may vary, but in my limited stays with Marriott/SPG, no issues. Meanwhile, I can't get my Hilton points for thousands of dollars of spent with them.
Are you needing use of the points immediately? If not, I'm not sure what the anger is about. It will post. If you need access to them, agents have ways to take care of you. In my case they made a regular booking and direct billed Hilton. While don't expect that in all cases, they've also assisted others I know when the activity was needed for immediate needs. (To make an award booking, to upgrade account statud, etc)

Aggravating, yes. However theyre getting things worked out. As with any sizeable project, slow and steady wins the race.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
I’m still trying to figure out if there were any customer enhancements with this IT upgrade, or were they all backend fixes.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by adobbing

Overnight my stay counter has updated and increased by 2 stays. Also the points total has increased by the points earned from two recent stays.

Although my second to last stay still shows 0 points!

I have the same situation. Stays/points seem correct but my stay details from 3 weeks ago haven’t posted.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by SWAGGA
All of my coworkers are pissed as well... some need their points for upcoming personal stays in December. We're all going back to Marriott for 2019 (3 Diamonds, & hundreds more nights that are booked for others)... this disaster will do more for Marriott than anything they ever could've marketed.

Originally Posted by dgparent
I cancelled all my upcoming Hilton stays, already Diamond for next year, and rebooked them into Marriotts.

Ditching Hilton to go to Marriott ?!?
You guys must enjoy pain and suffering.
Members over on that program have stays all the way back from SUMMER 2018 which have still not posted. Thats like 4 months back.
And the endless screams of agony from members in dozens of flyertalk threads in the new merged starwood/marriott section read like something out of Dante's infero.
Don't do it man.

If you're gonna dump Hilton and take all your money elsewhere....then at least do it right. Pick a hotel loyalty program that actually works, and doesn't shaft its most loyal members up the a** without apology or compensation for weeks (or months) on end.
diburning and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by adobbing

Overnight my stay counter has updated and increased by 2 stays. Also the points total has increased by the points earned from two recent stays.

Although my second to last stay still shows 0 points!

Also, still no sign of the 10,000 point 40 night threshold bonus!
My 50th night "Milestone" Bonus showed up under my 51st night stay (2 different hotels - 2 different cities). Folio for 50th night still showing 0 points, while 51st night shows 18k+ (inc the 10k bonus).
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Lol, have fun with that. Hilton has been having intermittent problems for like 15 days now, which isn't cool, but Marriott's systems have been messed up since August. Also, other aspects of Marriott IT are way behind Hilton (online check-in doesn't really do anything, digital key is never available, folios often aren't visible online).

After many years of people preaching about Marriott/SPG to me as a pretty die-hard Hilton guy, I've done a lot of stays with Marriott over the past year and the grass is in no way greener - not in terms of loyalty benefits, point earning, or IT. I have mostly found my way back to Hilton, but do what works for you.
Agree completely here. I didn't mind SPG's system, but hated Marriott's. Now they appear to have taken the worst of both to make their new Frankenstein Monster.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 2:52 pm

Points for all my paid stays have eventually come through.

Points for cancelled reward nights have not been returned.

Diamond bonus points and nights stayed count for a points stay have not come through.

The miles&more miles for the last two stays in October did not arrive.

Before the "upgrade", things were occasionally slow. Now it's quite unreliable.

Not being able to trust a system is something that makes me inclined to avoid it.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:35 pm

My last two stays have not posted (from earlier this week). They are both in my account, but show 0 points and I haven't received stay credit for either.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Does anybody know why the stay credit is taking longer than usual after the system upgrade? Hilton was one of the programs that provided prompt crediting of stays (within 48 hours of check out). Any insights would be helpful to understand what has gone wrong and what hilton is doing to correct this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Five night stay where I checked out yesterday is showing on my HH account already. Maybe they have turned a corner?

I'm particularly happy as this one takes me to 61 nights and my status now shows as Diamond

Last edited by Saint4805; Nov 17, 2018 at 4:29 am
Old Nov 17, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
Does anybody know why the stay credit is taking longer than usual after the system upgrade? Hilton was one of the programs that provided prompt crediting of stays (within 48 hours of check out). Any insights would be helpful to understand what has gone wrong and what hilton is doing to correct this.

You haven't read this thread at all have you ?

Super short version:
Hilton did an IT sytems update on 31 October and made such a royal mess of it, that many people still have various missing points/stays 2 and half weeks later.
On top of that, Hilton refuse to apologise.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Finally got through to a nice lady that was able to help me. It appears as though this is an ongoing problem and is not an "any day now" situation. She worked through my missing stays and got them situated. Im not confident that this is going to be fixed anytime soon, or that there is even work being done, but Im glad to know mine are at least fixed.

With the maintenance notification off, I am so curious what is the next step.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 6:02 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
So it seems the bookings made on points are not being counted as stays or nights and consequently not earning any points. Really disturbing if this portion of logic was missed by the vendor.
amanuensis and florens like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.