Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The "Missing Stay" page now says if points/stays haven't posted after two weeks, to submit a request.

Is this a change? I thought it used to be a week.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
FYI, I happened to update my iPhone X to the latest IOS last night, and the Hilton app is correctly showing everything now. Maybe try deleting the Hilton app and reinstalling.
Did that to no avail. Now all past stays are gone too.

„You currently have no points activity“.

And this:

Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Another thing I just noticed is my stays that are now showing points are not showing the double points bonus which I know I signed up for.
florens likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Miesque
Another thing I just noticed is my stays that are now showing points are not showing the double points bonus which I know I signed up for.
This keeps getting better
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by florens

Did that to no avail. Now all past stays are gone too.

„You currently have no points activity“.

And this:

Strange. Since I survived the UA/CO merger disaster and chose to avoid the Marriott/Starwood merger this year I feel like this isn't as bad, but maybe I'm wrong. The UA/CO crap was so bad that I came close to leaving the airline. I still blame Smisek and will happily punch him and accept the assault charge if I ever meet him.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Any input on effects on points transfers?

Anybody had any luck/out of ordinary timing with member to member points transfers? We did our first one on 10/29 (pre-update) from Mrs. 50K to me and it still has not transferred. Being this was our first transfer and we pretty much cleaned out Mrs. 50K's points, I wasn't sure if there is supposed to be some other validation process or something that takes time. What's the typical transfer time? Am I still within a typical transfer window or would I have been better off doing this a week prior? Hoping to book a NYC stay in December.

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi wizla,

You're welcome to message me with the details. We will likely need to wait until we have confirmation all updates have been completed, but happy to have your info ready to go if you need me to check into it further. Just let me know.

Thanks!
Lauren
Thanks Lauren, I will pm you.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

We appreciate your patience as we work to ensure all stays, nights and Points are reflected in your account following the system update. Your latest account information should be available within the next few days.

Thank you!
Lauren
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:21 pm

Stays from last week are still goofed up. Lauren, what is HH doing to try and make this debacle right for frequent guests? The amount of frustration gained and goodwill lost is simply amazing.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC*100K MM, HHonors Diamond
All of my stays for past year are showing 0 points and I’m unable to retrieve the receipt. My stay from Nov 1-5 is not even in the list of past stays.

On a good note / it looks like my point/night/stay balances are correct.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

We appreciate your patience as we work to ensure all stays, nights and Points are reflected in your account following the system update. Your latest account information should be available within the next few days.

Thank you!
Lauren

What exactly is Hilton IT trying to do? All my stays have vanished now.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:25 pm

I sometimes wonder why Hilton sticks with this forum and continues to have an official presence. The people here literally complain about *everything*. What is the benefit to them in remaining here? People are going to b**ch no matter what they do. They are eventually going to wise up and go the way of most of the other companies and just leave us here in an echo chamber by ourselves.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Hilton asked for 2 days to update and link new database provider. It's been well over a week now.. Obviously if a realistic time line was provided there would be no .....ing here.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Qwkynuf
I sometimes wonder why Hilton sticks with this forum and continues to have an official presence. The people here literally complain about *everything*. What is the benefit to them in remaining here? People are going to b**ch no matter what they do. They are eventually going to wise up and go the way of most of the other companies and just leave us here in an echo chamber by ourselves.
I can only surmise that this post is satire; if it was actually meant to be taken seriously, OP would be well-served by actually reading the numerous documented examples of a massive fail.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Field Walsh
Canceled a reservation yesterday and still haven't gotten my points back.
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I can't book a Diamond Guarantee room. Every time I click any Diamond Guarantee room to book, it says that it's not available (tried several different ones). Hoping they fix this functionality.

UPDATE: It's fixed. The non-working page looked like a mobile/app interface. The working page looks like the old Hilton page. Was able to book the original room I was looking at.
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
My Past Stays and All Points Activity pages are now missing 8 stays ranging from January to mid-October of this year. My point total is correct as is my stay count. I'll check back tomorrow to see if they have added the missing data. I think most or all of these stays were award stays of one type or another. Hmm.
Originally Posted by florens

Same here. And all stays show 0 points.
Originally Posted by tom911
Just noticed two prepaid stays in Germany for December, at the same property, show pending credits back to my credit card dated October 31. Is this update causing any properties to reverse credit card payments for prepaid stays? Reservations look intact on the website. Can I expect the property to charge me again after the system update is done? Anyone else noticing this type of activity for prepaid future stays? I'll give it a few days to sort itself out if there's no immediate explanation.
Originally Posted by mileshound
I just wanted to make a simple change to an award reservation but I had to call in. They had to cancel and rebook the reservation and it took over 1 hour on the phone with them. In freaking credible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by ocprodigy
Pain when you need to make a last minute booking for tonight... ah well...
Originally Posted by ocprodigy

Able to do everything on the app (see points, activity, etc.) bar actually book anything, error message pops up!
Originally Posted by denkigroove

Had checkout this moment and could not change my frequent flyer programm at the front desk. Will try it sometimes later to get the right Miles.
Originally Posted by ashkale
Hilton asked for 2 days to update and link new database provider. It's been well over a week now.. Obviously if a realistic time line was provided there would be no .....ing here.
Yeah? I just went back and looked, and basically every post PRIOR to the event was either complaints or sarcasm. People were complaining DURING the event (which they had been forewarned about) that things weren't working correctly, and there has been steady complaining AFTER the event.

So tell me - what benefit did Hilton realize from putting the extra effort into creating this post, and giving us all heads-up? I genuinely don't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.