Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought that was standard procedure for reservations that were never cancelled automatically doing that in the system?
I don't recall in the past the stay posting so quickly. Of course the lag in posting the stay credit and points is an old issue which I had hopes this up(?)grade would address.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
I guess they're really firm on dropping the extra 'h' -- https://hiltonhhonors.com no longer redirects to the honors website.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:20 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Originally Posted by ABQ Jon
I guess they're really firm on dropping the extra 'h' -- https://hiltonhhonors.com no longer redirects to the honors website.
http://hhonors.com still works
ABQ Jon likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Weekend stay in JAX posted with no points, and Monday night stay near DTW still showing "Pending". <sigh> I LOVE when IT fails...
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
False start! 5-yard penalty.

Logged in and made a reservation this morning without incident.

Just logged in (3:45PM Eastern) and got the "Technical Application Error: 'It's not you, it's us.'" error page.

Edit to add: Refreshed and logged in successfully. However, ALL of my points activity for the year has disappeared. Points/stay/nights totals are correct.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Update: I called Customer Service and asked them to report the missing stays. Was told that they are working on it. Apparently they have a new database provider so things are being moved over.
A new database provider? 😲
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of my stays post at first with 0 points and the stays and nights haven't changed. A day or so later it all catches up and the points, stay and nights post. Has been this way for years. I don't worry about stays and weird postings until 7 days have elapsed after checking out. If still not right do a missing stay request and it gets sorted out. Used to worry about these kinds of things but since I made lifetime Diamond, no more stress. Still want my points though so don't ignore it when there is a glitch.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles

A new database provider? 😲
That's what she said. She said she had 2 systems to check at the moment. Must be a tough time for the phone reps. I did have a much longer hold time than normal.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:26 pm

I cancelled 2 award reservations 12 hours ago and the points have only been refunded on 1 of them. I need the points for another reservation. Hilton has been totally useless in trying to help. In an email they asked for the details and when I sent them they asked why I sent the details. I told them why and they responded they understood the hotel resolved it. Really. How does a hotel resolve points issues? Jeeze.

Last edited by mileshound; Nov 2, 2018 at 5:06 am
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
How long is it going to take until everything is working again?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Car Rental Exec. Elite
I can now log into my account fine.

My most recent three completed stays are appearing in my account but haven't posted any stays/nights/points. My cursory glance at my other stay activity this year suggests that the rest of my stays are all there.

Stay with checkout of this past Sunday: blank status on website (0 points status in app)
Stay with checkout of this past Monday: blank status on website (0 points status in app)
Stay with checkout of this past Tuesday: "PENDING" status on website (0 points status in app)

Going to give it a bit more time before I submit for missing stays.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
A stay that ended on Sunday shows up in my account with "blank" earnings. For the previous two stays in October the Honors earnings show up correctly, but the LH 2500 points are missing. Of course, they are still in my LH M&M account, so not particularly important to see them in the Honors account. I'll give them some time to sort out the lack of points for my most recent stay.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:38 am

@HonorsRepresentative , any comments on some of these issues, especially where past stays shows a stay but the points are "pending" and no stay credit has posted.

Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:15 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Confirming that we are now back online and are working to process all recent stays/Point transactions that took place during the system updates. If you had a recent stay that is not currently reflected in your account, rest assured it should appear in your account over the next few days.

Thanks for your patience!
Lauren
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Confirming that we are now back online and are working to process all recent stays/Point transactions that took place during the system updates. If you had a recent stay that is not currently reflected in your account, rest assured it should appear in your account over the next few days.

Thanks for your patience!
Lauren
Thanks for the update. As of a few minutes ago the Past Stays and Points Activity sections in my account are still missing 8 stays ranging from January thru mid-October. My points total and stay count are correct. I reported this problem yesterday to Customer Service. Do you have any idea when they are going to add back the data on all of these stays? I can't imagine that I'm the only one in this situation.

I just want to make sure that your IT department is aware of the problem and has a plan to fix it. Thanks again!

ETA: The missing stays were all there before the recent IT update so I'm assuming the update made them disappear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.