Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Still miss points and invoices for my two stays last week. Hilton IT is in shambles!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:15 am

cancelled a stay booked with points+money last week so that I could rebook with all points. During cancellation site said I would have points back in 30 minutes. Four days later, I still waiting for the 745K points to be credited back.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Two stays last week.. checked out on Tuesday and checked out on Wednesday. Zero activity posted for them yet.

All historical activity previous to that has reappeared.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jamal06
cancelled a stay booked with points+money last week so that I could rebook with all points. During cancellation site said I would have points back in 30 minutes. Four days later, I still waiting for the 745K points to be credited back.
It's possible the points are back, but the available total isn't displaying correctly. I've had that happen since the update. Happens both directions. You book, it issues the ecert but available points don't show any change. I cancel the points are put back into the account, but available total doesn't change. However if you goto book another reward it'll error out if the true available points isn't sufficient.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I just received an email with the subject “Your Hilton Honors account has been updated”.

it is a “courtesy message to confirm point redemption activity” on my account. I haven’t made any redemptions and my account (iOS app) doesn’t show any activity. Yet.

(posting to this thread because I suspect it is a snafu with the upgrade)
Late last I got an email that said I had successfully updated my account. I was able to log in and I don't see any redemption activity. I do finally see point from my Sat-Mon stay last weekend but nothing from Tuesday night, Wed night or Thurs (too early for my Fri-Sun this weekend to show up)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Total points and overall stay and night credits finally updated to reflect last Monday nights stay. However, under account activity it still showing 0 points for the stay.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Total points and overall stay and night credits finally updated to reflect last Monday nights stay. However, under account activity it still showing 0 points for the stay.
My stay from last weekend has now posted and shows the correct number of points in the summary, but zero LH miles. When I drill into the earnings details, the 2500 miles are shown. The overall account total appears to be correct now, too. So... almost there
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:59 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The total points is now likely correct (I say "likely" because last Monday's stay is now gone from the list of past stays). But the only possible points increase would have been from that stay.

The total stays for the year is now updated, but appears to have an extra one somehow.

This is fun, isn't it?!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Looks like the "Report a Missing Stay" page has been updated.

The user has to use drop-down menus to select the country, state, city, and property. I don't know if it's Google Chrome, but after selecting the "Country", the "State" menu took 5 seconds to refresh. Each subsequent drop-down took about 5 seconds to refresh.

Instead of being able to click a calendar, or manually type in dates, a user has to use a drop-down menu to select the numerical day, the month, and the year. Additionally, it says stays greater than 6 months old can't be reported, but 2017 is an option on the year drop-down menu.

After clicking "Submit", it takes you to a new page that says "Request Received" and urges you to print or screenshot the info for your records. However, it doesn't give you any request or case tracking number. What's the point in saving a screenshot of the info just entered?
florens likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aww3583
Looks like the "Report a Missing Stay" page has been updated.

The user has to use drop-down menus to select the country, state, city, and property. I don't know if it's Google Chrome, but after selecting the "Country", the "State" menu took 5 seconds to refresh. Each subsequent drop-down took about 5 seconds to refresh.

Instead of being able to click a calendar, or manually type in dates, a user has to use a drop-down menu to select the numerical day, the month, and the year. Additionally, it says stays greater than 6 months old can't be reported, but 2017 is an option on the year drop-down menu.

After clicking "Submit", it takes you to a new page that says "Request Received" and urges you to print or screenshot the info for your records. However, it doesn't give you any request or case tracking number. What's the point in saving a screenshot of the info just entered?
Can be helpful if they say you didn't report it to them in time. You have something that shows you did.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:53 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to account for the stays that took place during the system update. We expect to have all stay credit and Points posted in the next few days. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to improve our Hilton Honors platform.

Thank you again!
Lauren
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to account for the stays that took place during the system update. We expect to have all stay credit and Points posted in the next few days. Thanks for your understanding as we continue to improve our Hilton Honors platform.

Thank you again!
Lauren
Hey Lauren, thanks for the response, my account is now correct except I have 2 rollover stays from last year that appear to have got lost in the update, account says 8 stays needed but with the two rollover stays this should be 6.
Should I still wait?.......many thanks wizla.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Has anyone determined what improvements Hilton has made to their website? I can't really see any.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 3:53 pm

Football Fan and tynmar like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Originally Posted by wizla
Hey Lauren, thanks for the response, my account is now correct except I have 2 rollover stays from last year that appear to have got lost in the update, account says 8 stays needed but with the two rollover stays this should be 6.
Should I still wait?.......many thanks wizla.
I have the same issue. 8 rollover stays from last year are missing. Will give it some time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.