IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
Nearly a week now with a booking showing zero points, what did they do replace their whole points tracking system!
Football Fan and florens like this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by florens

I asked the twitter team to upgrade my status so I could enjoy the benefits which they did and I am very happy about it as I am in the middle of a trip. Maybe you can try the same.
It seems this depends on the property. Just checked in at Conrad Bengaluru and they couldn‘t see my new status in their systems. Odd.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:04 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This is getting both tiresome and worrisome. Still no points or stay-credit from a stay that checked out Tuesday.

And yet the "Past Stays" page on my account still says "Please allow up to 48 hours to see Base Points, Bonus Points and Miles information.."

While I'm not surprised at how long this is taking, given Hilton's IT history, I am disappointed.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
Let's just hope this doesn't end up like the gongshow at Stariott right now.
It is. I've had a enough. Back to Marriott. I can't get past invoices, upcoming stays and 45 mins on the phone.

I switched to Hilton after being 10+ years of Platinum elite on Marriott. After two year as a Hilton Diamond, I think they treat Freq travelers worse than Marriott.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Yes I've got many stays missing from my account, apparently I've got another 8 stays to hit diamond this year ,, before the update I had only 4 to get........annoying.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by wizla
Yes I've got many stays missing from my account, apparently I've got another 8 stays to hit diamond this year ,, before the update I had only 4 to get........annoying.
Please report this to Hilton. If enough people call maybe they'll acknowledge the problem.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by jthompso815
It is. I've had a enough. Back to Marriott. I can't get past invoices, upcoming stays and 45 mins on the phone.

I switched to Hilton after being 10+ years of Platinum elite on Marriott. After two year as a Hilton Diamond, I think they treat Freq travelers worse than Marriott.
Yes you are correct. On average Hilton Corporate and Hilton Honors customer service is a 3 or 4 out of 10 where as Marriott Corporate and Rewards Customer service is a 7 or 8 out of 10. Its been that way since the beginning of time.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
App: Some points have posted now from earlier stays (total points amount has updated) but the past stays points still show 0 and some past stays don't show at all.

Login through website not working at all.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine still has the same 2 problems:

1 - Thursday checkout did not post - should have by now
2 - Past award stays disappeared from history

Other than that, balances are correct (not counting Thursday's checkout). I just took a screenshot just in case...
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:51 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by florens
App: Some points have posted now from earlier stays (total points amount has updated) but the past stays points still show 0 and some past stays don't show at all.

Login through website not working at all.
My total points still hasn't updated in the app and last week's stay is still showing 0 points.

I can login via hhonors.com
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:30 pm
Suspended

Cancelled a 4 for 5 res that was 380K last Fri, cancellation went thru points still not back in the acct. Diamond desk said to give them another week or two!

Had a free cert for any Cat weekend night stay, after 4 days they finally were able to book it today. In the mean time a Standard room kept being available and then not several times. Was told I could book it as a rev stay or pay 2x for an Upgraded room. Asked what would happen when your system finally gets settled and its no longer available, he answered, sir I already told you your 2 options and said dont expect Hilton to give you the difference bet a reg award stay room and the upgraded room. Either chose 1 of the 2 options I gave you or book the hotel for a different date that will have availability. I said its available now its just your system isnt! after a few mins of silence he asked if there was anything else he can help me with, I said yes, Do you know Marriots or IHGs tel# Im moving my biz to them.

Hilton is the Spirit of the Hotel; programs, I get better results with Wyndham go figure
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I just received an email with the subject “Your Hilton Honors account has been updated”.

it is a “courtesy message to confirm point redemption activity” on my account. I haven’t made any redemptions and my account (iOS app) doesn’t show any activity. Yet.

(posting to this thread because I suspect it is a snafu with the upgrade)
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I just received an email with the subject “Your Hilton Honors account has been updated”.

it is a “courtesy message to confirm point redemption activity” on my account. I haven’t made any redemptions and my account (iOS app) doesn’t show any activity. Yet.

I got the same message. No redemption either but I got this message as my last stays posted, with correct milestone points and miles.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Still broken for me, unable to get into account overview or past stays. Although late last week my account didn't work at all to book a stay via the customer website - I got the "It's not you, it's us" error page the moment I logged in, not even going to the account pages. I ended up booking stays via another Hilton portal which was working.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff

Similar message here. "confirm guest information update".

Had a check around my Hilton account and all seems fine, so chalked it up to a Hilton screw-up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.