Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Hilton's system clearly wants to move on to next year already... LOL.

wizla and AviationRob like this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
LOL - noticed that as well. Usually we don’t see the next years countdown until at least a week into the new year
AviationRob likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Update: Stay 50 STILL showing as "0" points, and I'm STILL missing a night's stay in Hilton's count (now at 57 nights - 56 by Hilton's count).

The latest update from Hilton is the counter is displaying incorrectly on the App and Web, but has been updated on their back-end. I'm not entirely convinced of this, but... As I will not hit 60 nights (have only one more stay booked before EOY), I'm done with this battle. They awarded the 10k "Milestone" bonus with the 51st night, and I'm not going to hit the 40k milestone, so I'm only out the 1,000 "My Way" points for the award stay on night 50.

All in all, a very poorly executed systems "upgrade". ...not a very customer friendly experience.

On a more positive note: Merry Christmas to all who celebrate; Season's Greetings to everyone, and best wishes for safe travels in the New Year!
Update: Received "Promotional Credit" of 1,000 points in lieu of the "My Way" Bonus for night 50, along with an explanation that they are still working on the "Nights" counter issue (still one night short - shows 57, s/b 58). Nice to get a follow up, but not really helpful.

Side note: Oddly, the "Stays" counter is correct at 42.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Check
Has anyone gotten their 2017 rollover stays to count yet? I have put in multiple calls to the Diamond line starting three weeks ago and they've "opened cases" to no avail. This doesn't even count the frustrating email exchanges with the illiterate/bot Diamond email system. What else should I try? Any reason to think Twitter will work better?
Nope. When I asked they said it will be there after update. Along with my promotional points and everything will be fixed. Im not staying in another one until it is.

Originally Posted by Hippster
Hilton's system clearly wants to move on to next year already... LOL.

I got the same thing this morning.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Progress?

I was just doing a final reconciliation on all of my FQTV accounts since all of my flights/stays/cars are finished for the year and realized that HHonors was showing +2 nights and +10000-odd points from my last record (which already included some "phantom" credit) -- but stays are correct

Looking at my stays both figures match up exactly with my 10/31 stay which was previously credited a couple weeks after the cutover.

(Also worth noting all of my stays since around 11/7 have posted correctly -- save for one milestone bonus I had to fight for)

Normally I'd write in to request that these unearned points be reversed but at this point I'm kind of afraid to try communicating with Honors, let alone having them do anything out of the ordinary to my account.

But I am wondering if this is a sign that the backlog of automatic postings is finally clearing up since this was my first stay post cutover and first that I had to push for credit
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
OMG !
So I see that many people are in the same situation and predicament as I am - trying to decide if all this is hilarious or not !!!

So I wanted to make sure that I have requalified for Diamond and up until 5 days ago, the My Account page is showing 1 stay short, which after talking to the Diamond Desk, it was determined to be the Award Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok in November!

I called the Diamond Desk 3 times, and was assured that notes were put in my account about this "missing" stay but the subsequent agent could not find any such note. The agent today promised that the note has been put in and is now visible, and she said that I have indeed requalified for Diamond for 2019 (of course, I printed out all 30 stays in 2018 to be sure).

She also said that I still have Diamond status until 3/31/2019 anyway and if the IT problem has not been fixed by that time, then they will 'upgrade' me to Diamond manual with a 'code' - REALLY? Why do I need an upgrade when I qualified the old fashioned way?

Oh well, happy new year, everyone !
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:40 pm

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'll assume your question was rhetorical.

They need to use the code to grant you Diamond status because - among many other issues that emerged (and continue to emerge) following Hilton's 10/31/18 switch to a new IT vendor to run the Honors system, some members are being downgraded -supposedly when corrections are made on their account, but likely randomly as well. Watch for real drama when 2019 statuses are supposed to go into effect on 4/1/19.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton

They need to use the code to grant you Diamond status because - among many other issues that emerged (and continue to emerge) following Hilton's 10/31/18 switch to a new IT vendor to run the Honors system, some members are being downgraded -supposedly when corrections are made on their account, but likely randomly as well. Watch for real drama when 2019 statuses are supposed to go into effect on 4/1/19.
My question was indeed rhetorical, but thank you for your clarification.

We’ll see what will happen on 4/1/2019.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: M&M / hhonors
Does anyone else have problems updating personal information?

Tried both the website and the app, but it always tells me the email address (to which my receipts/confirmations are sent) is already in use (obviously by me of course), even though I only tried to change payment information + working address.

thanks,
sMk
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: HHonors, Etihad Guest
Exclamation How do they handle the delisted properties

Originally Posted by retiredfromhilton

One of the many problems with the old system appears to have been carried over from the old. For some obscure reason when a property leaves the Hilton portfolio or changes brand all historical stays are deleted! Previously I experienced this mid year, points were there, then gone. This time one of my favourite hotels was removed on 31st December after I had requalified for 2018. I have already raised with them on FaceBook messenger, but it remains to be seen if the calculate Gold on 1/4/19! Incidentally, I have found FB Messenger the most effective channel for communication, it takes a day or so for a response, but they are generally well researched and comprehensive. Since several stays had been posted as Gold instead or Diamond they rounded up the number of points when the posted the correction.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AviationRob

One of the many problems with the old system appears to have been carried over from the old. For some obscure reason when a property leaves the Hilton portfolio or changes brand all historical stays are deleted! Previously I experienced this mid year, points were there, then gone. This time one of my favourite hotels was removed on 31st December after I had requalified for 2018. I have already raised with them on FaceBook messenger, but it remains to be seen if the calculate Gold on 1/4/19! Incidentally, I have found FB Messenger the most effective channel for communication, it takes a day or so for a response, but they are generally well researched and comprehensive. Since several stays had been posted as Gold instead or Diamond they rounded up the number of points when the posted the correction.
Are you saying all records are deleted so those nights counting towards status and lifetime total decrease when the property leaves?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:14 am

Document ALL your stays carefully until your correct status level has been confirmed on 4/1/2019
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:29 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by hugolover
Are you saying all records are deleted so those nights counting towards status and lifetime total decrease when the property leaves?
Yes, that was my experience previously. The Hilton London, Ontario became a DoubleTree. The stay disappeared from my account, I had to ask for it to be added manually. I am not sure if it also deducts the points from the running total. After the past two weeks, I have no confidence in what the Hilton app / website show.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:42 am

Another problem that is still there is when I prepay a room and then have F&B or other incidentals charged at check-out. The points are only posted for the dollar value on checkout and not the room rate. I guess the properties are somehow posting it wrong, but I should not need to fix their problems every time.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:50 am

Looks like 2019 status, including rollover nights from 2018, is starting to be processed.

My account is correct (one 1-night stay, checked out on 01 Jan), and stayed >120 nights in 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.