Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT Update Oct 30-31, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
I can't book a Diamond Guarantee room. Every time I click any Diamond Guarantee room to book, it says that it's not available (tried several different ones). Hoping they fix this functionality.

UPDATE: It's fixed. The non-working page looked like a mobile/app interface. The working page looks like the old Hilton page. Was able to book the original room I was looking at.

Last edited by TravelLawyer; Oct 31, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Was just able to re-book a current reservation at a lower rate. Worked like a charm.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
My Past Stays and All Points Activity pages are now missing 8 stays ranging from January to mid-October of this year. My point total is correct as is my stay count. I'll check back tomorrow to see if they have added the missing data. I think most or all of these stays were award stays of one type or another. Hmm.
florens likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Just canceled and rebooked a ressie...one extra day...no issues with the website.

Point totals and status was fine. Looked briefly at reservations...looked fine. New reservation had appeared within minutes.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 7:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
My Past Stays and All Points Activity pages are now missing 8 stays ranging from January to mid-October of this year. My point total is correct as is my stay count. I'll check back tomorrow to see if they have added the missing data. I think most or all of these stays were award stays of one type or another. Hmm.
Same here. And all stays show 0 points.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just noticed two prepaid stays in Germany for December, at the same property, show pending credits back to my credit card dated October 31. Is this update causing any properties to reverse credit card payments for prepaid stays? Reservations look intact on the website. Can I expect the property to charge me again after the system update is done? Anyone else noticing this type of activity for prepaid future stays? I'll give it a few days to sort itself out if there's no immediate explanation.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 2:44 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by tom911
Just noticed two prepaid stays in Germany for December, at the same property, show pending credits back to my credit card dated October 31. Is this update causing any properties to reverse credit card payments for prepaid stays? Reservations look intact on the website. Can I expect the property to charge me again after the system update is done? Anyone else noticing this type of activity for prepaid future stays? I'll give it a few days to sort itself out if there's no immediate explanation.
That's odd, AFAIK German properties charge prepaid stays manually, and since they are non-refundable there would normally be no reason to reverse the charges. I would email or call them on Monday (or today if you have nothing better to do)
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by :D!
That's odd, AFAIK German properties charge prepaid stays manually, and since they are non-refundable there would normally be no reason to reverse the charges. I would email or call them on Monday (or today if you have nothing better to do)
Is it possible someone screwed up and wasn't supposed to charge it already?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I'll let it sit for a few days and see if a new charge doesn't show up (and if the "pending" credit actually processes). If not, I'll e-mail them and sort it out. Reservation is still intact. Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 9:51 am

I just wanted to make a simple change to an award reservation but I had to call in. They had to cancel and rebook the reservation and it took over 1 hour on the phone with them. In freaking credible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Update: I called Customer Service and asked them to report the missing stays. Was told that they are working on it. Apparently they have a new database provider so things are being moved over.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Nov 1, 2018 at 10:21 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:40 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Monday night's stay posted to my account by mid-day Tuesday, BUT with no stay credit (yet) and the points are still showing as "Pending"
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Now I can't login at all to my account. Oh well..
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Monday night's stay posted to my account by mid-day Tuesday, BUT with no stay credit (yet) and the points are still showing as "Pending"
I thought that was standard procedure for reservations that were never cancelled automatically doing that in the system?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 11:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by florens
Now I can't login at all to my account. Oh well..
Are you sure? It sure looked like I failed to login...

After logging in, there was no account information on the screen at all; it was just a page with standard Hilton information. But, when I clicked the Hilton Honors button on the screen, the new page had the account information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.