Search

Hilton weekend certificates.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:56 pm
jxd
Original Poster

Hilton weekend certificates.

Hey guys,

My friend just booked for me 2 nights using his weekend certificates. He's a silver member, and I'm a gold member.

If I email the hotel to add my hilton honors number to the reservation, will it nullify the weekend certificate? And also, will I receive gold benefits?

Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jxd
Hey guys,

My friend just booked for me 2 nights using his weekend certificates. He's a silver member, and I'm a gold member.

If I email the hotel to add my hilton honors number to the reservation, will it nullify the weekend certificate? And also, will I receive gold benefits?

Thanks!
I’m not sure if these are technically transferrable. I’d probably just mention your status level when checking in.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:29 pm
jxd
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

I’m not sure if these are technically transferrable. I’d probably just mention your status level when checking in.
the booking is made in my name, it's shown on the booking confirmation.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Does anyone know the official policy on the “weekend” certificates from your Aspire or Ascend Card and if they really are only good “on the weekend.” Because when I’ve called to book them I’ve gotten many different answers. Usually an agent will say it’s only good for weekend stays. Other agents will say it’s good any night.

When I get an agent who will only book on the weekend and I need a weeknight I just hang up and call back till I get someone who will book the weeknight. It was my understanding that they were good ANY night INCLUDING the weekend. Not EXCLUSIVE to the weekend.

But I don’t know what the official rule is. I have to imagine it’s good any night INCLUDING the weekend because the agents who do book weeknights are able to apply the certificates to the stays and they go through without issue.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:43 am

BUMP to my last question. Perhaps I should start my own thread?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:50 am

The certs are supposed to be for weekend nights only. Google the T&Cs. If agents have the ability within their systems to do otherwise, who knows.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Does anyone know the official policy on the “weekend” certificates from your Aspire or Ascend Card and if they really are only good “on the weekend.” Because when I’ve called to book them I’ve gotten many different answers. Usually an agent will say it’s only good for weekend stays. Other agents will say it’s good any night.

When I get an agent who will only book on the weekend and I need a weeknight I just hang up and call back till I get someone who will book the weeknight. It was my understanding that they were good ANY night INCLUDING the weekend. Not EXCLUSIVE to the weekend.

But I don’t know what the official rule is. I have to imagine it’s good any night INCLUDING the weekend because the agents who do book weeknights are able to apply the certificates to the stays and they go through without issue.
I don't understand your question. These are one-night certificates, so how can they possibly "include" a weekend night and yet not "be" a weekend night???

Ie, I don't understand the use of the word "include" for a one-night certificate.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

The free weekend night certificates are indeed only supposed to be good for weekend nights, which is defined as a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...ght-terms.html
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I don't know if I'm missing something, but what is so hard about understanding the basic terms and conditions of a weekend night certificate...It's only supposed to be used on a weekend night "Fri, Sat, and Sun"
Old Dec 30, 2018, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by Cat88L3
I don't know if I'm missing something, but what is so hard about understanding the basic terms and conditions of a weekend night certificate...It's only supposed to be used on a weekend night "Fri, Sat, and Sun"
Because it sounds like weekend is as a bonus, and it includes weekdays.

In any event, agents will use them to book during the week too but I don’t want to exactly advertise this apparently.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 3:27 pm

I just made a reservation, supposedly with two certificates for a Friday Saturday reservation. I noticed the confirmation shows a cash rate for the stay. Does that sound correct? The agent seemed a bit confused by the process and would prefer to avoid any surprises at the property during check-in..
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RoadWeary
I just made a reservation, supposedly with two certificates for a Friday Saturday reservation. I noticed the confirmation shows a cash rate for the stay. Does that sound correct? The agent seemed a bit confused by the process and would prefer to avoid any surprises at the property during check-in..
I have only used a weekend certificate once, from an Aspire card. My confirmation shows that it is a reward redemption. There is a "Honors Reward ID", and it shows "Total Number of Points per Stay:" of 80,000 points. The fact that it was a weekend certificate is not mentioned in the confirmation. When I checked in, they mentioned that I was using points for my stay.
B3nder likes this.

Last edited by jbeckett; Jan 4, 2019 at 8:22 pm Reason: fix typographical error
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I have only used a weekend certificate once, from an Aspire card. My confirmation shows that it is a reward redemption. There is a "Honors Reward ID", and it shows "Total Number of Points per Stay:" of 80,000 points. The fact that it was a weekend certificate is not mentioned in the confirmation. When I checked it, they mentioned that I was using points for my stay.
Thanks. That sounds more like what i was expecting. I will call back to get this fixed.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by RoadWeary
Ive made six bookings with the certificates from the aspire and ascend cards. I have never seen any cash rates when looking at the confirmed booking details.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver

Because it sounds like weekend is as a bonus, and it includes weekdays.

In any event, agents will use them to book during the week too but I don’t want to exactly advertise this apparently.
Wait, what? Are you saying these can be in reality be used for any night of the week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.