Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Access denied at Hilton Honors web site via Firefox

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold

I haven't been able to reach my Hilton Honors account for several days now using Mozille Firefox. When I try to login I get an "Access Denied" splash page.
When I called Honors customer support they said that Firefox wasn't working well with their web site, and to try Google Chrome.
Anyone else have experience with getting Firefox to work at Hilton Honors recently? I'd really prefer not to load another browser onto my already overloaded computer hard drive.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:05 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
It works for me. Try using a private window - if that works then you need to clear your cookies and persistent site data
thunderlounge likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Works for me. I am using version 62.0.3.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback. I tried private browsing and was still getting the "Access Denied". I then tried accessing the web site from another computer it worked. There must be something in my laptop that is triggering a security rejection from Hilton's server.
Any other advice on how to clear this mess would be appreciated.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 2:26 pm

This just started happening to me today as well. Firefox (v 62.0.3) does not work, Chrome (v 69.0.3497.100 ) works fine. Error message below, in case any Hilton IT folks are looking at this. I've cleared cookies/cache, restarted browser/computer, to no avail.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm?" on this server.Reference #18.36a75b68.1540239833.1b80d02
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:14 pm

- Mac
- High Sierra 10.13.6
- FF 62.0.3
- Accept Cookies (selected)
- Accept third-party cookies (never)

No problem logging into my HH account just now.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

A couple of months I had this message ( as well as when I was on expedia.co.uk) doing a few searches for next year. After a couple of days I was able to get back in with no issues since.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:25 pm

Any chance you're using some kind of ad blocker extension? I had this same problem for the past week and found out it was my ublock origin that was causing the problem. Added www.hilton.com to the whitelist and it's been fine now.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SingleMalt69
This just started happening to me today as well. Firefox (v 62.0.3) does not work, Chrome (v 69.0.3497.100 ) works fine. Error message below, in case any Hilton IT folks are looking at this. I've cleared cookies/cache, restarted browser/computer, to no avail.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/customer/login/index.htm?" on this server.Reference #18.36a75b68.1540239833.1b80d02
It's good to know that I am not alone!
I hope that somebody at Hilton IT is working on this. Firefox works just fine with Marriott's web site (hint, hint )
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:51 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Same problem here. Getting Access Denied.
Clearing my Hilton-cookies seems to have helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.