Wiki Posts
Search

Checkout option in app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN A+/CP, HH Diamond
Checkout option in app

There’s now a button to check out where the usual check in button is. Is this a new thing? Or just certain hotels?
its a lot more convenient than my usual calling out my room number as I’m running out the front door 😂
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you post a screenshot?

Does it appear after checkin and on a stay?

On my upcoming reservations, including properties with Digital Key, I don’t have that button.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, WN A+/CP, HH Diamond
Mine says unavailable since it’s after the default checkout time but looks like it activates after you check in
Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Buzzardgut
There’s now a button to check out where the usual check in button is. Is this a new thing? Or just certain hotels?
its a lot more convenient than my usual calling out my room number as I’m running out the front door 😂
I saw the checkout option on 10/15 but didn't use it. I want to see the bill before I leave if possible. The app said I'd get an email within (I think it was) 24 to 48 hours.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
I like the idea of this could be very handy.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:45 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’ve used it a few times. A couple of times it didn’t work, and I messaged the hotel using the app. That worked also.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
I noticed that it popped up about a week or so ago for me. I've used it several times and it works. There is no time option ... meaning when you click it and say Yes the App tells you that you are checked out. I think it might facilitate the email of the receipt (although I can't confirm as sometimes I am still not getting an email from the hotel -- i think this continues to be property dependent). Also you should be getting a notification (at least on iPhone) if you have it turned on that you can also check out.

Note - a couple times I've clicked on the button and it gave me an error message. But then I tried it again a second time and it worked.

Overall, I haven't figured out what the purpose of it is yet but I guess if they incorporate some functionality with it, the button could be a good thing otherwise I will eventually stop pressing it/using it.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wizla
I like the idea of this could be very handy.
I agree, It could be if they add some functionality to it. At least in the US I haven't seen any benefit to it versus just walking out the door like I normally do.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover

On my upcoming reservations, including properties with Digital Key, I don’t have that button.
Yes it appears just after you check in (at least on 1 night stays). It will not show up before check-in.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover

Yes it appears just after you check in (at least on 1 night stays). It will not show up before check-in.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by neo_781
I agree, It could be if they add some functionality to it. At least in the US I haven't seen any benefit to it versus just walking out the door like I normally do.
If the app could show me my folio I could take a screen print and then be happy to use the checkout button.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by neo_781
I noticed that it popped up about a week or so ago for me. I've used it several times and it works. There is no time option ... meaning when you click it and say Yes the App tells you that you are checked out. I think it might facilitate the email of the receipt (although I can't confirm as sometimes I am still not getting an email from the hotel -- i think this continues to be property dependent). Also you should be getting a notification (at least on iPhone) if you have it turned on that you can also check out.

Note - a couple times I've clicked on the button and it gave me an error message. But then I tried it again a second time and it worked.

Overall, I haven't figured out what the purpose of it is yet but I guess if they incorporate some functionality with it, the button could be a good thing otherwise I will eventually stop pressing it/using it.
I'm guessing it's for the hotel's benefit, as I think many people just walk out and leave the keys in the room. This way the front desk knows you're gone.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 10:00 am
Suspended

i've often used the television to check out. there's usually a text channel with menu choices that allows you to do that.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by Voodoo Daddy
I'm guessing it's for the hotel's benefit, as I think many people just walk out and leave the keys in the room. This way the front desk knows you're gone.
yeah - that's me! havent actually "checked out" in several years
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by BenSenise
i've often used the television to check out. there's usually a text channel with menu choices that allows you to do that.
I remember features like this in the early 2000s... but have not noticed this on any recent stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.