Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Is there a double stay credit promo going on right now (October 2018)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres

I recently had a stay at a Doubletree in Europe.

When the stay posted, it said this:

Bonus Stay Credit - you earned 2 credits for this stay
I couldn't find anything on this anywhere on their website or here. Did I miss something?

Thank you.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:25 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Football Fan
I recently had a stay at a Doubletree in Europe.

When the stay posted, it said this:

I couldn't find anything on this anywhere on their website or here. Did I miss something?

Thank you.
Not aware of that one. They have had double stay promotions in the past but they have usually been towards the year end and only given to certain recipients and not available to everyone.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:46 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
IIRC, it started around mid-October last year but not everyone targeted received an email then (if at all). There was also a targeted offer for crediting remaining stays in 2017 to this year.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Not that I'm complaining...
cjd likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
As noted above it is probably the targeted promotion that has been offered to some people for the last few years about this time of year. See these threads from past years:
Question: Targeted Offer - Stays Count As Double
Hilton Honors Double Stay Credit Promotion October 15 – December 31, 2015
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
Same message for me after my most recent stay. I'm only at 18 stays but have earned 190,000 base points and 110 nights this year so whatever it means it doesn't mean a lot for me as Diamond status is well and truly bedded down.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Have the same info in one of my recent stays (WA Dubai). Don't remember signing up for such a promo.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 2:45 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I received an e-mail stating, that I would have help to attain DIA this year by counting all upcoming stays twice. The e-mail arrived on Friday night while I was staying at a Hilton hotel with check-out the next day.
The e-mail said, I need 8 stays for maintaining DIA status. However, I have 7 stays missing. I have already pre-booked future stays for this year and will have 73 nights in total (= DIA in 2019).
The hotel stay does not show up in my account yet. I really wonder, whether the double count will happen, although I simply do not need this now when settling for 73 nights this year. Already twice I had a note in my account in the first quarter of the year that I will only need to more stays to maintain DIA for the consecutive year. - Nothing ever happened except that this note vanished at the end of the first quarter...
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
I got this e-mail two days ago: Just for you: a faster way to keeping Diamond status:

The last stay was credited with this line as well:

Bonus Stay Credit - you earned 2 credits for this stay
(In the meantime I have requalfied based on base points anyways. ^)
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:39 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
As always, no targeted promos for me -- I have 7 stays in 2018 with one more scheduled. The lack of ever receiving targeted promos, and the breakfast stinginess of the downtown San Francisco properties, are the main reasons I've stopped chasing loyalty with Hilton. I'll be dropping to plastic gold next April.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 12:32 pm

Between the credit card offers, targeted corporate offers, and offers like this, no wonder there are never any upgrades left for Diamonds.
TSparky likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:54 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Update: My stay (check-out on Saturday) posted on Monday with a stay credit x2.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:24 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
My one-night stay (checked out 10/23) also posted with the double stay credit message.

I'm not displeased, since I always go right down to the end of December to requalify for Diamond. This means no one-night mattress run will be needed

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 27, 2018 at 6:36 am
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:15 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I received this offer...Just did a search and found this thread.

I had 15 stays needed to requalify for Diamond when I received it...So 15 became 8, which I thought I had perfectly planned for the year.

I received 2X credits for 3 stays recently...But for an award stay, only received one night. I’ve poured over the T&Cs from the email, and it makes absolutely no distinction between paid or award stays. It says “qualifying” stays—since I got one night for the award stay, I’d call that a “qualifying” night.

I could have easily paid for the recent award stay (it was only 21,000 points for a $120 room, I thought a pretty good value), but surely would have paid the $120, as if I don’t fight it, I’ll have to do a mattress run before the year is out...While one local Hampton is $90 all-in, it’s still a waste to me.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 10:23 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I would pursue it. I had a reward stay in early November that posted as a double stay credit.
MBS MillionMiler likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.