Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort {THA} (not yet Honors)

DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort {THA} (not yet Honors)

Old Oct 4, 18, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Amb
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort {THA} (not yet Honors)

It's rebranding from banthai beach resort & spa.
94 Thaveewong Road, Patong Beach, Phuket 83150
https://www.banthaiphuket.com/
Old Oct 5, 18, 8:25 am

Programs: AA PLT/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH Diamond
Looks a little more posh than the recently demised Surin Beach DT, although not beachfront.
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:55 pm

wonder if they renovated or simply rebranded it
Old Dec 21, 18, 3:55 am

Programs: HH - Diamond, EY Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Hilton definitely needs a better presence in Phuket. Just a shame they chose Patong.
fjacobs and NoY like this.
Old Dec 27, 18, 11:57 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah View Post
Hilton definitely needs a better presence in Phuket. Just a shame they chose Patong.
They definitely needed a better location. Considered staying here but just canít accept the location. The prices are ridiculously good though.
Cat88L3 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 18, 4:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Originally Posted by fjacobs View Post

They definitely needed a better location. Considered staying here but just canít accept the location. The prices are ridiculously good though.

How did you find prices? When I looked, not due to open till March and not accepting reservations. Cheers!
Old Dec 28, 18, 12:17 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by gav0106 View Post
How did you find prices? When I looked, not due to open till March and not accepting reservations. Cheers!
Hi, I made a mistake here, got the wrong resort, was thinking of the Doubletree in Penang
Old Jan 11, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Hilton Website now up saying opening March 2019, but no bookings yet
https://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/doubletree-by-hilton-phuket-banthai-resort-HKTPADI/index.html
dagangwood likes this.
Old Aug 25, 19, 1:28 am

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
[edit] Points accepted now. 27k for $98 semi-flex rate in Dec 2019. Below average redemption value.

Last edited by italdesign; Aug 25, 19 at 1:17 pm
Old Aug 25, 19, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
We are planning a long trip - LAX-NRT using 90k r/t pp VS miles; spend a few days in Japan , NRT-BKK - 30k AA miles pp, stay 2 days, then paid flight to USM for 5 nights at the Conrad Koh, book a bus/ferry to Phuket for 2 night stay, would the Arcadia be better?
Finally HKT-NRT for AA 30k, then use the final leg of our ANA r/t NRT-LAX.
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew View Post
We are planning a long trip - LAX-NRT using 90k r/t pp VS miles; spend a few days in Japan , NRT-BKK - 30k AA miles pp, stay 2 days, then paid flight to USM for 5 nights at the Conrad Koh, book a bus/ferry to Phuket for 2 night stay, would the Arcadia be better?
Finally HKT-NRT for AA 30k, then use the final leg of our ANA r/t NRT-LAX.
Conrad Samui to Phuket (Karon or Patong) by bus will take appr. 7,5 - 8h. Bangkok Airways offers direkt flights USM-HKT.

Patong Beach is the main party and red light area of Phuket. Not as "bad" as Pattaya, but also not the best place to relax. The main reason to stay at Patong is that you can sleep where you drink (a lot) or have fun (a lot) without needing transport.

Karon Beach offers some party (and fun) as well, but it's much more an area for families. I think, that almost everybody will say, that the beach at Karon (Hilton) is better than the beach at Patong (DoubleTree).

About the hotels: It's a Hilton versus a DoubleTree. Usually the Hilton wins than competition.
Old Aug 25, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Originally Posted by thbe View Post
Patong Beach is the main party and red light area of Phuket. Not as "bad" as Pattaya, but also not the best place to relax. The main reason to stay at Patong is that you can sleep where you drink (a lot) or have fun (a lot) without needing transport.

Karon Beach offers some party (and fun) as well, but it's much more an area for families. I think, that almost everybody will say, that the beach at Karon (Hilton) is better than the beach at Patong (DoubleTree).
This is spot on.

Unless you are in Phuket for partying and/or seek the company of local girls/lads, there is no reason to stay in Patong.

With this itinerary (only 2 nights in Phuket) I would skip Phuket entirely and stay in BKK or 2 days more in Koh Samui. Travelling to Phuket (and the airport transfer there) is time consuming.
Old Aug 25, 19, 3:28 pm

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
Another perspective: I avoided Patong myself, but my mom and aunt spent half day there shopping courtesy of a free hotel shuttle. They really enjoyed being able to find a lot of cheap crafts . So, it's not all parties and drugs.
Old Aug 25, 19, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign View Post
Another perspective: I avoided Patong myself, but my mom and aunt spent half day there shopping courtesy of a free hotel shuttle. They really enjoyed being able to find a lot of cheap crafts . So, it's not all parties and drugs.
You are right. Patong is (beside of Phuket town) the main shopping area of Phuket. But people do that on daytime, most of them not every day and it's easy to get to Patong and back on daytime from almost all other beaches/hotels.

So shopping shouldn't be an argument to chose a hotel in Patong.
Old Aug 25, 19, 3:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by kmandrew View Post
5 nights at the Conrad Koh, book a bus/ferry to Phuket for 2 night stay,
You may want to look at a map.

PG flies nonstop USM-HKT. Like all PG flights, it can be expensive.

Search this Thread