FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Brilliant email customer service for Diamond members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1933199-brilliant-email-customer-service-diamond-members.html)

boonkoh Sep 30, 2018 9:37 am

Brilliant email customer service for Diamond members

I had some missing points from a recent stay and dreading emailing customer service to fix.

I'm somewhat new to Hilton Honors. Been a Platinum at IHG for a long time, and there the email customer service is horrendous, taking days to reply and 9 out of 10 not dealing with the problem correctly.

As a Diamond member, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Hilton are committed to responding within 1 hour of an email. Even on a Sunday! True enough, got a response back within the hour who dealt with my missing points problem flawlessly.

This is truly one of the fastest email customer service I've ever seen. Hat tip to Hilton.

Truffles Sep 30, 2018 10:04 am

My 1 hour took 24 hours, but t didn't matter as it was only a missing stay request

Hotel Points Guy Sep 30, 2018 12:09 pm

I have to say that I too have been thoroughly satisfied by Hilton’s prompt, generally accurate resolution of issues I’ve addressed by email. I’ve been a Diamond member for almost 6 years now, and once or twice a year I have to email about a stay that didn’t post, or points for a second room that didn’t post. Just as you describe, I receive a confirmation email acknowledging my email, followed by a resolution within a few hours, rarely more than 24.

From experience, one thing I can say that will expedite a missing stay request is to scan a copy of your folio for the stay in question and attach it to your initial email communication with the Diamond Desk. This almost always results in a successful resolution on the first email. Interestingly, I haven't had to ask for points on a second room in over a year. It seems that the software Hilton is running has improved and is automatically posting points for a second room now without much additional intervention by the Diamond Desk.

Hotel Points Guy Sep 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by boonkoh (Post 30263326)
I’m somewhat new to Hilton Honors....As a Diamond member...

Welcome to the Diamond Club 😀. Have you gotten the email yet detailing the Diamond secret handshake to be used to identify other Diamond members in the executive lounge? 😉. You can usually find me in the corner with a Diet Coke and several mini plates of the appetizer du jour!

Kacee Sep 30, 2018 12:42 pm

I've been impressed as well. Particularly compared to Marriott, where they're still in total meltdown mode.

smmrfld Sep 30, 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Hotel Points Guy (Post 30263821)
Interestingly, I haven't had to ask for points on a second room in over a year. It seems that the software Hilton is running has improved and is automatically posting points for a second room now without much additional intervention by the Diamond Desk.

Agree. I frequently book two rooms, and this problem has largely disappeared over the past year or so.

aww3583 Sep 30, 2018 1:52 pm

I must have missed the secret handshake this year. I emailed Diamond customer care last week about missing bonus points. The auto-generated response came in 30 seconds and said:

Please be informed that I have created a case file on your concern, our guest assistance team will look into it and get back to you with a fair resolution within 8-10 business days

tkelvin69 Sep 30, 2018 5:52 pm

I'm on my 6th email trying to get a stay credit.

:D! Sep 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Had poor responses that indicated they did not actually read my email several times from Hilton, although they did arrive in under 1 hour.

IHG email has been good to me

cjd Oct 1, 2018 4:44 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69 (Post 30264644)
I'm on my 6th email trying to get a stay credit.

That's nothing. Took me 21 emails to get some missing points added earlier this year! Every reply came from a different customer services agent and they kept asking for the same information. Eventually got an agent who understood the problem and corrected the points. So frustrating.