Wiki Posts
Search

2019: Hilton Anniversaries

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:01 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker
Original Poster

2019: Hilton Anniversaries

With 2019 not far, that's supposed to be a big year for Hilton, and for these reasons: anniversaries.

35 years since Hampton and Embassy debuted.
50 years since Doubletree debuted.
30 years since Homwood debuted.
10 years since Home2 debuted.
100 years since the Hilton name debuted.
5 years since Canopy by Hilton debuted.
5 years since the debut of Curio.

Does this sound like big news? It should.

UPDATE: Hampton, Embassy, Homewood, and Doubletree all joined Hilton from Promus 20 years ago (1999-2019, so do the math). So yes, 2019 came for all the right reasons.
bamboola and sdsearch like this.

Last edited by purplenightskylovertv; Jan 22, 2019 at 5:15 pm Reason: Constructive criticism
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:20 am

Hopefully they will celebrate by offering better than usual promotions, and no point devaluations for the whole year!
eric_o and B3nder like this.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:44 am

Yawn.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:48 am

When did the Conrad and W=A brands start?

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker
With 2019 not far, that's supposed to be a big year for Hilton, and for these reasons: anniversaries.

Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:40 pm
jxd

They are celebrating their anniversaries by devaluating points to a new low.

You heard it from me first
wizla and B3nder like this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

To the person that said Conrad and W=A, Conrad came out in the early-to-mid 80's, Waldorf came out in the mid-2000's.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Will Stonehocker

What most of want to know is, when was the last DoubleTree from scratch created? DoubleTree for a long time has been ConversionTree, ie, a place to put individual hotels that Hilton gets from other programs (or that turn from indie to part of Hilton). I presume since there was no Hilton "hotel family" then, DoubleTree was something other than just a conversion duping ground at first.

Meanwhile, Hilton and Embassy were not part of Hilton when they started. So while for some purposes when they started is relevant, for other purposes when they joined Hilton is more relevant. The stays I did at Hampton before it was part of Hilton won't help me get to lifetime Diamond status.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What most of want to know is, when was the last DoubleTree from scratch created? DoubleTree for a long time has been ConversionTree, ie, a place to put individual hotels that Hilton gets from other programs (or that turn from indie to part of Hilton). I presume since there was no Hilton "hotel family" then, DoubleTree was something other than just a conversion duping ground at first.

Meanwhile, Hilton and Embassy were not part of Hilton when they started. So while for some purposes when they started is relevant, for other purposes when they joined Hilton is more relevant. The stays I did at Hampton before it was part of Hilton won't help me get to lifetime Diamond status.
IDK when the last original Doubletree was made. The fact Hampton and Embassy were not part of Hilton when they were in their infancy means something (my family's experience with them isn't it).
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
HHonors started in 1987 (the year I joined)
Hampton & Embassy joined in 1984 - so even your stays with them up to 1987 don't count for LTD as there was no program.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:54 pm

M

Originally Posted by Tomphot
Hampton & Embassy joined in 1984 - so even your stays with them up to 1987 don't count for LTD as there was no program.
Embassy had its own program called Ambassador up through the late 80s.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by smmrfld

Embassy had its own program called Ambassador up through the late 80s.
Thanks for that, guess I should have joined as I was having Embassy stays back then - do you know if the points and other info carried over to HHonors?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:50 pm

Thanks for that, guess I should have joined as I was having Embassy stays back then - do you know if the points and other info carried over to HHonors?
It didn’t formally carry over, but HH was pretty good about making you whole in the Honors program as I recall.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
What most of want to know is, when was the last DoubleTree from scratch created?
Doubletree Northbridge has just opened in the last month as a brand new hotel in Perth.

There is also a second Doubletree being constructed on Elizabeth Quay in Perth near the new Ritz Carlton.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Hampton, Embassy and DoubleTree (and Homewood ???) joined HHonors via Hilton's purchase of the Promus Hotel Corp. I believe this was in 1999.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by steve64
Hampton, Embassy and DoubleTree (and Homewood ???) joined HHonors via Hilton's purchase of the Promus Hotel Corp. I believe this was in 1999.
i was looking at the chart at the beginning of this threat. I thought ‘84 was early for Hampton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.