Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Announces Strategic Alliance with Playa Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services

"Hilton has announced a strategic alliance with Playa Hotels & Resorts “Playa” marking a landmark expansion of the hospitality company’s all-inclusive resort portfolio.... By the end of this year, Hilton and Playa Hotels & Resorts will introduce Hilton La Romana, an All-inclusive Resort, and Hilton Playa del Carmen, an All-inclusive Resort by the end of 2018...Hilton and Playa have initial plans to open eight additional all-inclusive resorts together by 2025."

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Hotels-Resorts
Old Sep 23, 2018, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Slvr, DL Slvr, AA plt, HH LTD, MR tit/LTP at least two of those buy 10 get 1 free coffee cards
Will be interesting to see the redemption rates at these places. Both the HH properties in the Cancun /Playacar area are town hotels rather than beach resorts.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by aroundtheworld76
Will be interesting to see the redemption rates at these places. Both the HH properties in the Cancun /Playacar area are town hotels rather than beach resorts.
That Playacar property is remarkably similar to the Hyatt Zilara Cancun. I guess because Zilara was formerly the Royal Cancun and the Playacar property is the Royal PDC. Same room decorations. At least one restaurant shares the same name. Was having a deja vu moment.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
That Playacar property is remarkably similar to the Hyatt Zilara Cancun. I guess because Zilara was formerly the Royal Cancun and the Playacar property is the Royal PDC. Same room decorations. At least one restaurant shares the same name. Was having a deja vu moment.
Haha same thoughts here, I just got the email from hilton today about the Playa Del Carmen and when looking at the property pictures I was saying to myself they stole these pictures from Zilara Cancun lol. But after a lil research I figured it out.
Ripper3785 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Imagine no one's done a stay since the changeover yet, but I'll be at the Playa del Carmen property this weekend and can report back on Diamond treatment.
eternalsnafu likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Imagine no one's done a stay since the changeover yet, but I'll be at the Playa del Carmen property this weekend and can report back on Diamond treatment.
@Adam1222, curious how your stay was. Please report back when you can.
Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:48 am

I hope to do a more detailed report with photos soon, but here are the cliff's notes:
- Good location right off Fifth Avenue, unusual for an all-inclusive
- Seem to be some integration issues. You are greeted on arrival by someone with a list of check-ins. Although I had booked on Hilton.com over a month earlier, no record of my reservation. Had to give them my print out and it took a full 30 minutes to sort out. They got me a drink while I waited at least.
- Only thing Diamond status got me was a one-category upgrade, which was a garden view instead of a street view. There is a room marked Hilton Honors that looked like it might be a separate check-in, but I wasn't sent there. No lounge or any other perks, although I had a wristband that was a different color than most guests and had diamonds on it. Was never told I got any extra perks from that, and didnt. No welcome letter or anything.
- Room was weird as there is a jacuzzi right in the middle. But mini-bar stocked with beer and soft drinks, and bottles of water everywhere. Pretty spacious room though lot of empty space.
- Facilities are well-maintained, everyone is very nice. Great gym.
- Was able to avoid any buffets. While the food is good for an all-inclusive, it wasn't amazing. Lots of options though.
- Main pool is very noisy, as its the "activity pool". I found a smaller pool off to the side, but it was not in the sun and had no ocean view, so a bit disappointing. Beach is fine.
- Didn't attend any of the shows. Definitely a more upscale all-inclusive than a lot of others. But if I want a full resort experience, I may stay outside of the town; if I want a town experience, I'd stay somewhere cheaper.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:15 pm

I hope to do a more detailed report with photos soon, but here are the cliff's notes:
- Good location right off Fifth Avenue, unusual for an all-inclusive
- Seem to be some integration issues. You are greeted on arrival by someone with a list of check-ins. Although I had booked on Hilton.com over a month earlier, no record of my reservation. Had to give them my print out and it took a full 30 minutes to sort out. They got me a drink while I waited at least.
- Only thing Diamond status got me was a one-category upgrade, which was a garden view instead of a street view. There is a room marked Hilton Honors that looked like it might be a separate check-in, but I wasn't sent there. No lounge or any other perks, although I had a wristband that was a different color than most guests and had diamonds on it. Was never told I got any extra perks from that, and didnt. No welcome letter or anything.
- Room was weird as there is a jacuzzi right in the middle. But mini-bar stocked with beer and soft drinks, and bottles of water everywhere. Pretty spacious room though lot of empty space.
- Facilities are well-maintained, everyone is very nice. Great gym.
- Was able to avoid any buffets. While the food is good for an all-inclusive, it wasn't amazing. Lots of options though.
- Main pool is very noisy, as its the "activity pool". I found a smaller pool off to the side, but it was not in the sun and had no ocean view, so a bit disappointing. Beach is fine.
- Didn't attend any of the shows. Definitely a more upscale all-inclusive than a lot of others. But if I want a full resort experience, I may stay outside of the town; if I want a town experience, I'd stay somewhere cheaper.
Thanks so much for responding and taking the time for this review.
I'll look forward to seeing your pics.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:38 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

No lounge or any other perks, although I had a wristband that was a different color than most guests and had diamonds on it. Was never told I got any extra perks from that, and didnt. No welcome letter or anything.
That seems to generally be the normal policy and procedure at all-inclusive properties of Hilton, as I encountered a similar experience at three resort properties in Hurghada in Egypt.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
That seems to generally be the normal policy and procedure at all-inclusive properties of Hilton, as I encountered a similar experience at three resort properties in Hurghada in Egypt.
Actually it varies. Some all inclusive properties have separate lounges. Others provide premium drinks, spa vouchers, or other perks to Elite guests.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:57 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Actually it varies. Some all inclusive properties have separate lounges. Others provide premium drinks, spa vouchers, or other perks to Elite guests.
To which all-inclusive properties are you specifically referring?

At one of the ones in Hurghada — I forget which one at the moment — Diamond members had access to a more exclusive dining experience in a separate restaurant, which was nice. The food and service was noticeably better.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Canarsie
To which all-inclusive properties are you specifically referring?

At one of the ones in Hurghada — I forget which one at the moment — Diamond members had access to a more exclusive dining experience in a separate restaurant, which was nice. The food and service was noticeably better.
Well this is off topic. But Puerto Vallarta for one and I've recalled it discussed in other threads. Perhaps folks can start another thread about other all-inclusive properties.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:44 pm

HILTON Weekend night certificate

Has anyone been able to use a hilton free weekend night certificate at this property?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Has anyone been able to use a hilton free weekend night certificate at this property?
You've posted this question in 3 different threads now.
(Notably, this thread is not about a single property, but since you've asked twice about the Hilton Playa del Carmen, I assume you are referring to that one.)
Have you called Hilton and asked?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:34 pm

You've posted this question in 3 different threads now.
(Notably, this thread is not about a single property, but since you've asked twice about the Hilton Playa del Carmen, I assume you are referring to that one.)
Have you called Hilton and asked?
Sorry for the over posting, I called hilton CS and have been put on hold for 15 mins and 30 mins without an answer. The first person told me the cert was good for all hilton properties which indeed is not true as there is clearly excluded properties per the weekend award website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.