Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Question about pre-charged stay but Flex rate...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Yes I know I'm the pain in the butt customer BUT....

I had a targeted Amex offer for 10,000 points if I made a Hilton stay of $500+, it was an extremely lax offer and didn't have any terms against advance purchase or prepaid stays or anything, just "Charge must come from Hilton" as the terms. However, the date ended like four days before my travel that I already was planning on making at a Hilton. The hotel I was staying at of course didn't have advance purchase rates for ONE of the nights during my stay, so my whole stay couldn't have an advance purchase rate. I contacted the hotel directly and asked if I could book an honors semi-flex rate and just request to be charged right away for it. They sent me a credit card authorization sheet to fill out and were able to process the charge right away for me, earning me my Amex bonus.

Well guess what... prices have dropped by almost $200 for my stay... exact same room, same dates, same hotel, same semi-flex rate. This I can use the app to change the reservation to "lock in" the new lower prices and just have a credit on my account when I check out? I'll be parking a car so I know I'll owe about $120 or so and might charge some food to my room etc. I don't mind a credit on the bill so that's taken care of. I just DON'T / CAN NOT have the full amount refunded right now and rebooked.

(Those 10k points bumped me over the amount I needed to transfer off and redeem for round trip flights.... soooo, I need those to stay, lol)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.