Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Expanding All Inclusive Portfolio

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. on Monday announced an alliance with Playa Hotels & Resorts NV, a real estate investment trust that specializes in all-inclusive resorts. Playa will convert two Caribbean hotels into Hiltons, and the companies plan to team up on an additional eight resorts by 2025, according to a statement. Hilton currently has 11 such properties in its portfolio.

Playa will convert two Caribbean hotels into Hiltons by the end of 2018: the Hilton La Romana and Hilton Playa del Carmen, both all-inclusives, adding a combined 1,269 guestrooms to its portfolio. The two new resorts, formerly Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and La Romana, Dominican Republic, will to be owned and managed by Playa.

https://skift.com/2018/09/17/hilton-commits-to-growing-its-portfolio-of-all-inclusive-resorts/
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
This had me wondering what existing property was tagged to become a Hilton. I googled around a bit, it wasn't in any of the press releases. I found mention of it in CaribeJournal.

"Hilton La Romana, an All-Inclusive Resort — the former Dreams La Romana; along with Hilton Playa del Carmen, what is currently The Royal resort in Playa del Carmen."

Hmm. I was just at The Fives hotel (great stay, crappy town) and got a beachside massage right next to that Royal Resort. Good location: A little outside of the 5th Ave bustle, so quiet, but really near everything. As opposed to the standalone huge resorts all up and down the highway that aren their own complexes/islands-unto-themselves vibe.

TDM
Old Sep 18, 2018, 12:26 pm

I've stayed at a number of there Hyatt properties, the food and service vary greatly from location to location, but they do consistently maintain a wonderful ambiance.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 2:50 pm

Nice. I stayed at the Hilton All inclusive in Jamaica last year. It was fine, not great. Im excited about having more choices.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Hmmm, I was just searching, and I thought there were three all-inclusives in Jamaica, but now I'm only seeing the Rose Hall. Deflagged?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Originally Posted by Saidoh
Hmmm, I was just searching, and I thought there were three all-inclusives in Jamaica, but now I'm only seeing the Rose Hall. Deflagged?
There were three up until a few weeks ago. There were two curios: Jewel Dunns River and Jewel Paradise Cove. We just stayed at the Jewel Dunns River three weeks ago on points. The two Curios still show up on the points explorer, but if you click on the link to book, the resorts aren't found on the hhonors site. Looks like they are no longer part of the portfolio. Too bad, I enjoyed JDR much more than Rose Hall.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Looking at TripAdvisor, there have been some complaints with guests checking in, and Hilton reservations not being honored. They say Hilton nor the hotel informed them of the change, prior to arrival. Seems like it was an abrupt breakup between Hilton and Jewel. Bummer, I was hoping to stay there next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.