Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown {US-TX}

Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown {US-TX}

Old Sep 16, 18, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Arrow Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown {US-TX}

Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

2950 Cityplace W Blvd Dallas, TX US 75204

Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown (0 Photo)

Check In

The greetings at the front desk are constant and friendly whenever I passed by as well as at check-in.  One problem I encountered is that the property does not have their map loaded for online check in.  I found online checkin to work on the app by room number but given my first time there I had no idea which room numbers were good.  The online check in on the Hilton web site did not work and gave me an error.  As such I chose not to check in online.  I arrived around 1pm.  It was a light week for them and they were able to check me in.  I asked for a quiet room and the front desk agent said she picked a good room for me away from the elevator.  It was still a 2 queen although I preferred a king but this had a better view (of the Dallas skyline) so I gave it a try.  I was given my two bottles of water as a Diamond (although they have water dispensers and glass bottles on each floor).  I was also given a couple macaroons and a $5 off coupon for Zushi Sushi.

Room

The room was very nice and a new modern style.  Pictures online accurately reflect these brand new rooms.  The odd number rooms will face the Dallas skyline.  The rooms appear to go up to 7th floor with the 8th floor being the terrace lounge/bar, fitness center, pool, and some conference rooms.  One unique and superb feature of all rooms is a barn door that you can slide to separate the bedroom from the entry foyer, thus blocking out hallway noise!  My barn door was misaligned so could not slide without coming off track.  I raised the issue and it was fixed while I was out the next day.  The lights are a bit odd with a couple "master" switches that turn off more than you intend.  Make sure you familiarize yourself before you get up in the middle of the night and wake up your companion!

The sink area of the bathroom is open to the foyer with a separate small room for toilet and shower.  The shower had a bench, single mode showerhead, and a hand sprayer.  I found the water pressure to be a bit low and one morning it could not get hot enough.  The rest of the time it was fine.

In the foyer is an open wall closet, a safe, coffee maker (I think Keurig), and a big refrigerated drawer!  There are plenty of glass bottles and glasses of various sizes around so that you can be eco-friendly.  You can get filtered water at the dispenser on the floor and keep it in your fridge.  I found the water to be pretty good.

The TV is HUGE and centrally placed on the wall.  The TV system is IP driven throughout the hotel and seemed to work for the most part.  One night I had a hard time getting my channels to come up but after a couple minutes it started working.  Wifi seemed to be pretty fast but I had trouble getting connected with my name and room.  There is a new splash page, not the standard Hilton one and it would not allow a space in my last name!  I had to call down for a code that I had to re-enter each day.  I assume I was getting Premium Internet and it was fast enough for streaming just fine.  The splash page is handled by a new provider and the property wasn't really sure how to get in touch with them to c

Service

I did get housekeeping one day by accident. I usually decline housekeeping.  They did a decent minimalist job which is what I expect for a mid-stay refresh.  They did not take anything that was not marked/placed to remove.  I did have a maintenance request which was responded to in about 3-4 minutes.  Bars were not very busy when I visited but it was a light week I think

Dining

The open lobby based open restaurant/bar is very nice and stylish.  The bar had a large wide granite counter top which is very convenient.  I tried one of their open face sandwiches for dinner.  Many options around $10 and it was delicious!  The rest of the menu looked great too.  It came out promptly.

Breakfast is free for all it appears and is done in the same open lobby/restaurant.  They claim it to be an artisanal buffet.  I felt that many of the choices were odd and weren't entirely appealing to me.  The quiche was too dry and old, maybe from sitting under a lamp and/or made the day before.  There is no plain scambled eggs, only with turkey sirocco or something.  No oatmeal, instead 8-grain porridge.  Plenty of berries, yogurt and juices but the juices are unlabelled so I didn't take any!  Plenty of bread and pastries and a few cereal selections.  The breakfast is nice but if you don't like these artisanal choices you don't have much to fall back on.  There is also a french toast that is more like a bread pudding sliced up.  Good but not french to

For me, I wanted to be near CityPlace and this is the only hotel within walking distance it appears.  It is also right in the upper Uptown Area (West Village) so it is in an amazing area for food and walking around.  Check the google reviews for every restaurant in the area and you will see they are all 4+ stars.  There is also the free trolley right out front that will take you all through uptown or even to downtown and tourist areas.  It is slow and infrequent so use it only when you have time to enjoy it.  You are also one block from the light rail station and can get downtown or anywhere else in the system.  Access to CityPlace is best done through the light rail station but it is VERY deep underground with some stairs/elevators and LONG escalators.  Some escalators are broken and the furnicular elev

Gym

There are still some growing pains, e.g. the IP-based TV system is not working on the fitness machines.  A treadmill appeared to have built in YouTube that seemed to work. They had a good fitness center but only one elliptical.  They have room for a 2nd so I will ask if they can get one.  It was not busy when I was there.  I did not check out the pool yet.  

Overall

Overall this is an excellent property and I recommend.  

I would highly recommend for a couple touring Dallas.  It is in a more trendy uptown area and away from the dingy downtown.  Ride the trolley to get to the downtown sites but come back for a much better evening experience.

I will be staying there every week for the next few months I hope!

Would you like to write a review on the Canopy by Hilton Dallas Uptown?

No, thank you.
Yes
geo1005 and DC9 like this.
Old Jun 27, 19, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Breakfast is no longer free to all but Golds and Diamonds get free full breakfast in the lobby restaurant. There is no lounge. I updated the master thread on lounge and breakfast. They are having a one year anniversary party at their rooftop bar next week on the 12th I believe. I stayed here most weeks for the past 9 months but my time there has ended. If you have any questions, let me know!

Oh, there are also welcome gift options for Hilton elites in a letter you get at check in. Diamonds get two. The best is 2000 points! (...and I was able to choose that twice!)
DC9 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 21, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Stayed here this week and really liked this place. Got an upgrade to a terrace room (which wasn't fun to use until the sun went down from the heat, but still had a great view of the skyline). The room was large, clean, and mostly quiet. Bonus for a great central A/C unit. the room could have used a bit more space for hanging things or another table/shelf somewhere, but minor issues. The staff were friendly and breakfast was very good full buffet (served to you) for Gold/Diamond (good quality food and just the right amount). The fitness center was nice but a bit small, though had a nice view while working out. They do a neat job incorporating the history of the area and the street car line into the lobby. The rooftop bar is their calling card, though; the view and the drinks were fantastic, but the food was meh. I strongly dislike valet parking and that was the only option, but I'd text what time I want my car and it'd be there, so they were very responsive. Overall, I'd definitely return.
DC9 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: