Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Has there been a points increase?

Has there been a points increase?

Old Sep 16, 2018, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Clearly a table of point redemptions exists, and therefore it should be published along with changes when they occur. I strongly dislike the secrecy of these changes.
No, no! Read the literature sent to you in the mail. They're adding valuable features and redemption *options*, providing you more value! Not taking anything away or repeatedly devaluing points.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Doubletree Aqaba Jordan also went op from 10K to 20K :-((
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by escape4
Clearly a table of point redemptions exists, and therefore it should be published along with changes when they occur. I strongly dislike the secrecy of these changes.
This is the thing I hate about HH the most. They do not publish a list of hotels by category. They stopped listing what hotel category a property is on each hotel's respective website link. And they change hotel categories for properties withount any notification. But somehow Hyatt, Radisson Rewards, and Marriott (as well SPG) manage to do all three.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Anyone checked Egyptian properties after the hike?
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Anyone checked Egyptian properties after the hike?
It is easy enough to do a search.

Just checking for a random 5 night stay in March, I see two 5k properties, two 10k properties and one 14k and one 15k in the low range of rewards.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Basic economics.

If more currency is added to an economy, the value of the currency will decrease.

We’ve been on “double points” for what, all of 2018? If everyone magically has twice as much currency, the value of the currency should be halved.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by aww3583
Basic economics.

If more currency is added to an economy, the value of the currency will decrease.

We’ve been on “double points” for what, all of 2018? If everyone magically has twice as much currency, the value of the currency should be halved.
Quarterly promos are nothing new, have had them for years. This "extra 10 points" promotion is not even something special, probably even below average for quarterly promotions.

Additionally, overall point earnings were cut overall for almost all HH tiers with the elimination of the "and points/miles" portion.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Typical Hilton sneaking in a devaluation.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
These changes last week motivated me to create updated global lists of 5,000 and 10,000 points hotels with changes noted for hotels that increased this year.

Hilton Honors 5,000 Points Hotel Rewards Sep 2018 global list (32)

Hilton Honors 10,000 points hotels global list (143).

Please let me know if you find any more hotels at these reward levels missing from my lists.

Last edited by satori; Sep 20, 2018 at 10:14 am Reason: Added HGI Belo Horizonte Brazil back to 5K.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by satori

Please let me know if you find any more hotels at these reward levels missing from my lists.
The author says "One of the difficulties I ran into in compiling this list is the Hilton website repeatedly blocked me from searches after I had been on the website searching dozens of different hotels. This happened at least six times and kept me from being able to access the Hilton website or any Hilton hotel link for about an hour each time."

I'm trying to plan a 3 week trip to California next year, and am constantly running into this error when I'm going to the 'book a room' page.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 5:19 am
jxd

Originally Posted by satori

These changes last week motivated me to create updated global lists of 5,000 and 10,000 points hotels with changes noted for hotels that increased this year.

Hilton Honors 5,000 Points Hotel Rewards Sep 2018 global list (31)

Hilton Honors 10,000 points hotels global list (143).

Edit: seems about right
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I filled my boots by buying $800 worth of points in the recent promo, as I had a bunch of good value properties in mind (10K) to use for redemptions in Q4 and early 2019. Within 24 hours, I find that all of the properties bar one have DOUBLED in price. So the 100% bonus I thought I had is actually closer to 0%. On the newly inflated valuations I would never had made this purchase.

A real gut punch from Hilton and it's definitely the last time I ever buy points in such promotions. I sent them a DM on Twitter telling them how disappointed I was and they didn't even bother replying. Seems like they're taking lessons from the Marriott playbook in how to destroy customer trust.
username, B3nder, escape4 and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hilton are now incredibly untrustworthy, losing my respect, loyalty and business.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by todderz
Especially bad to double all the UK 10000 point hotels without warning just days after promoting the sale of points, points that are now worth a lot less than I previously valued them.

What's the likelihood of getting a refund on a points purchase? Any prior experiences?
I bet they refuse :-(

How did it go ?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by yurtripper

A real gut punch from Hilton and it's definitely the last time I ever buy points in such promotions. I sent them a DM on Twitter telling them how disappointed I was and they didn't even bother replying. Seems like they're taking lessons from the Marriott playbook in how to destroy customer trust.
But even Marriott gave its (and SPG's) customers a heads-up last month as to what their recent hotel re-categorizing would contain. I get that a hotel's redemption level can (and usually will) increase. Just let your members know in advance of the upcoming change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.