Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Martinique New York on Broadway, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-NY}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-PLT, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by christianj
Can anyone confirm that the rooms have been renovated. Pics on the website show renovated rooms (and NO old Radisson rooms) but I find it hard to believe that they have completed a full reno of the rooms in such a short time.
Will be there next week (14-18), will report back. I spoke to the hotel over phone and the confirmed the rooms are renovated but there is no Executive lounge.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:46 pm

Stayed in Martinique last week and had an enjoyable stay overall, except for couple of things. The room we received had already been renovated, but I believe one section of the hotel is still under renovation.
The lobby area and facade of hotel is beautiful. There is no executive lounge - but there is a lounge area on 7th floor where they have some fruits and bars with drinks (juices and coke).

The two main downsides were:
  • Breakfast - Not just the quality of breakfast, but the also the breakfast area. Its looks like a makeshift place similar to a 1 star hotel. After 1st day, we decided to skip the breakfast even though it was free.
  • Room Heater- It time travelled from 70s and landed there in 2019. Makes loud noises throughout the night as it kicks off.

Last edited by rattlerr; Feb 24, 2019 at 4:50 pm Reason: adding a comment
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rattlerr
Stayed in Martinique last week and had an enjoyable stay overall, except for couple of things. The room we received had already been renovated, but I believe one section of the hotel is still under renovation.
The lobby area and facade of hotel is beautiful. There is no executive lounge - but there is a lounge area on 7th floor where they have some fruits and bars with drinks (juices and coke).

The two main downsides were:
  • Breakfast - Not just the quality of breakfast, but the also the breakfast area. Its looks like a makeshift place similar to a 1 star hotel. After 1st day, we decided to skip the breakfast even though it was free.
  • Room Heater- It time travelled from 70s and landed there in 2019. Makes loud noises throughout the night as it kicks off.
Thanks for this report. The rooms look significantly improved since I stayed there last (as a Radisson). What specifically about the breakfast didn't you like? I remember really enjoying the breakfast, which was unusual to get for free as a Radisson gold member, and wonder if it's changed or we just have different taste. The room was on the mezzanine level, and while a bit odd configuration, they had a nice selection of real scrambled eggs (not powdered), fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries), and pretty tasty french toast or pancakes.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Thanks for this report. The rooms look significantly improved since I stayed there last (as a Radisson). What specifically about the breakfast didn't you like? I remember really enjoying the breakfast, which was unusual to get for free as a Radisson gold member, and wonder if it's changed or we just have different taste. The room was on the mezzanine level, and while a bit odd configuration, they had a nice selection of real scrambled eggs (not powdered), fresh berries (strawberries, blueberries and blackberries), and pretty tasty french toast or pancakes.
It was mainly the makeshift hall where they were serving and very limited choices. Got an email from the hotel last night that they are currently renovating the primary breakfast area which should be open soon. That explains it.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:00 pm

My late wife and I stayed at the Radisson Martinique a number of times when she wanted to have easy access to shopping e.g. Macy's, etc. As a mere gold member of Carlson, we usually managed to get breakfast comped at the Café Martinique, which, IMHO, was far superior to the cafeteria style venue to which rattlerr is referring. It may no longer be relevant being a Hilton, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:51 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I've stayed here a few times in the past couple of weeks and really enjoy it. The location is central to where I need to be, and also just a short walk from Penn Station. The half of the lobby opposite the reception desk is curtained off due to what appears to be some construction/renovation going on.

Looking at the floor plan, the rooms vary in shape and sizes. This is not your basic hotel cookie cutter layout at all. The hallway on the guest room floors winds around all sorts of corners and nooks. It's a fascinating design, making me wonder what drove the original architects to do it that way. It does have a neat history dating back to its construction in 1889.

From the hotel web site, the room types/sizes are as follows:
1 double, 175 sq ft
1 queen, 190 sq ft
1 king, 225 sq ft
1 queen deluxe, 221 sq. ft
1 king deluxe, 220-280 sq. ft.
2 queen, 240 sq. ft.
1 king w/sofa bed, 275 sq. ft
2 queen deluxe, 270 sq. ft.
1 queen, 2 room suite w/sofa bed, 410 sq. ft
1 king, 2 room suite w/sofa bed, 410 sq. ft.

I have only stayed in the "King room w/Sofa bed". Though I don't need the sofa bed for an additional guest, I prefer the extra space. The first time I had booked the standard queen room and it was described online as being only 190 sq ft. I was upgraded at check in to the King w/sofa bed (275 sq ft). Next time I booked, I reserved the King w/sofa bed because I enjoyed the layout and space. I will be staying there 2-3 times/month in the coming year. My understanding, however, is that there are only a few of the suite type rooms. Since the King w/sofa bed is the largest room type below the 2 room suites, we'll see if I get any upgrades in my coming stays.

The breakfast is still being served in a temporary space on the mezzanine level until the Martinique Cafe is open in the coming months. It was the same each morning with an assortment of pastries, donuts, fruits, meats, cheeses, yogurt, sausage, bacon, pancakes, potatoes and an omelette station. It is $29.95 pp, and free for Gold/Diamond up to 2 people per room per day. The breakfast is provided by the Petit Poulet restaurant, which is in the hotel on the 33rd street side. It's a very good French bistro.

Last edited by PHL; Apr 4, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:44 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
My Diamond upgrade experience in about 5-6 stays here were usually a King Deluxe with Sofa Bed from any lower single bedded room type - even at time of check in when there were suites available for sale. My understanding is there are only 5-6 total suites (a small mix of king 1 BR and queen 1BR), so I don't expect the hotel to upgrade to these very often.

Last edited by PHL; Apr 15, 2019 at 11:56 am
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed here this week

Tiny rooms, but this is NYC. It appears my room had been renovated but still only one easily reachable power plug. No upgrade as a diamond. Public areas of the hotel are pretty tired. Breakfast room is sad but decent selection.

For me the key was the location. Easy access to Penn Station.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by RoxyMountain
Stayed here this week

Tiny rooms, but this is NYC. It appears my room had been renovated but still only one easily reachable power plug. No upgrade as a diamond. Public areas of the hotel are pretty tired. Breakfast room is sad but decent selection.

For me the key was the location. Easy access to Penn Station.
going there as a gold this weekend. not expecting anything.. Is there a buy up for breakfast if you don't want the other selection?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rpk113
going there as a gold this weekend. not expecting anything.. Is there a buy up for breakfast if you don't want the other selection?
I am not sure. It appears that everyone had access to the same buffet but I may be wrong. There was a guy making omelettes that looked pretty good.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:12 am

Any update on the Breakfast Location or Diamond upgrade? TX
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Martinique NYC

I was booked here Friday and Saturday night of Memorial weekend and got an email that my non-refundable night reservation was cancelled as the hotel is closed now for an determined amount of time.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:53 am
cjd

Did they agree to refund you the 2 nights you've pre-paid?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Yes, absolutely. If you look on the website now, you can see the hotel is closed, and it does not say for how long.
Old Feb 18, 2022, 6:37 am

Here is a recent article describing the re-opening of the property. Could this be one of the better Hilton mid-town properties near Times Square? The description of the changes sounds very promising.

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou.../41007348.html
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.