Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn - Silverstone Race Circuit (UK)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Bricks Capital Ltd are to open a 197 bedroom Hilton Garden Inn trackside at Silverstone race circuit in 2020.

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/news/hi...verstone-hotel

Very interesting for petrol heads.

Couldn't find a Hilton press release, reading between the lines in the Silverstone announcement, this may be the first of several hotels on the site?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by TheVengefulTraveller
Bricks Capital Ltd are to open a 197 bedroom Hilton Garden Inn trackside at Silverstone race circuit in 2020.

Hotel Announcement | Hilton to Open First Hotel at Silverstone Circuit |

Very interesting for petrol heads.

Couldn't find a Hilton press release, reading between the lines in the Silverstone announcement, this may be the first of several hotels on the site?
Very interesting to hear this, can you imagine the price of a room at the British GP............ I happen to know the mclaren mechanics stay at the Hilton Northampton and the mclaren drivers and management at Hilton park lane ....that aside there are not many hotels in the area so a very welcome addition.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Yes absolutely. The very fact that there will be a bridge from the hotel to the wing complex shows the sort of market they'll be targeting this at on the GP weekend. If you can afford paddock access you can probably afford to be helicoptered in from London / Oxford etc.

Hotels are always a squeeze for the F1, I've used Hilton Northampton, Double Tree Milton Keynes (MK Dons) and Milton Keynes Jurys Inn before now.

I'd definitely try it for a BTCC or BSB meeting though if its priced appropriately.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by TheVengefulTraveller
Yes absolutely. The very fact that there will be a bridge from the hotel to the wing complex shows the sort of market they'll be targeting this at on the GP weekend. If you can afford paddock access you can probably afford to be helicoptered in from London / Oxford etc.

Hotels are always a squeeze for the F1, I've used Hilton Northampton, Double Tree Milton Keynes (MK Dons) and Milton Keynes Jurys Inn before now.

I'd definitely try it for a BTCC or BSB meeting though if its priced appropriately.
There's a thought, the touring cars!, I used to watch them at snetterton but I would imagine silverstone would be awesome....... then stay at the new Hilton gi......obviously if you happen to be staying to it would be wrong not to hook up for a couple of beers in a the bar after! .. good call!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I suspect the bridge is more for the normal uses of the Paddock club as a conference centre.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's fia/teams only on race weekend
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
Wouldn't be surprised if it's fia/teams only on race weekend
Do you think so? I'd never be able to get in on an F1 weekend anyway, prices will be astronomical and availability will be zero form the moment that the rooms go on sale I think.

Originally Posted by wizla
There's a thought, the touring cars!, I used to watch them at snetterton but I would imagine silverstone would be awesome....... then stay at the new Hilton gi......obviously if you happen to be staying to it would be wrong not to hook up for a couple of beers in a the bar after! .. good call!
Definitely up for this! I've seen them at Donnington and Oulton Park, this seems like a good reason to add Silverstone to the list
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
The balconies will never go on sale for the F1 - or not to the public.

They will be corporate bookings only.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
The balconies will never go on sale for the F1 - or not to the public.

They will be corporate bookings only.
Yeah I think you are right but could be available for touring car meets or the superbikes.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:11 am

This hotel is now on the list whilst doing a uk search.
MoodyB likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Opening June 20 apparently.

More info at https://www.eastmidlandsbusinesslink...circuit-hotel/
Old Mar 24, 2021, 3:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The opening date has been showing as June 2021 for much of the past year. In the last couple of days it has come out of the search results again and the property page has been removed. Have taken a look at the Silverstone circuit page and they have updated that the hotel is still launching as a Hilton Garden Inn, with the opening date now due to be November 2021.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Heading here today for the night.

If anyone wants any info, just let me know
Old Jan 20, 2023, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by richardhall99
Heading here today for the night.

If anyone wants any info, just let me know
Good man!…..a brief report would be appreciated, especially regarding parking…..cheers.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by wizla
Good man!…..a brief report would be appreciated, especially regarding parking…..cheers.
I stayed here before Christmas. Upgraded from base room to one with a track balcony. The room and view was excellent. Good shower, nice products, good bed/linen. the sink is in the main room and the bath/shower in cupboards so you’ll have to be happy being intimate with those you’re with.

Service in the restaurant was patchy. At dinner she was on her own, asked the chef if they could remove meat from a dish and they refused. Turns out it was served on the side. It was rushed, confused and poor. Breakfast was adequate, value engineering on the items had been to the maximum, so cheap.

The air-conditioning was broken, they couldn’t room charge in the bar/restaurant and no other diamond benefits. They didn’t care on check out.

Parking was free and right outside, but it was on gravel rather than tarmac. Not really an issue for me.
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Arrived earlier on this evening.
Parked car in the temporary car park directly outside the hotel. Work seems to be ongoing to create a more permanent area for parking.

Booked a king room track facing and that's what we got. Picked the room on the app as at end of corridor and top floor room was showing as available.

Got to reception where staff member was on the phone. No acknowledgement in the couple of minutes we waited so whipped out the digital key and went upstairs.

Room is nice and roomy. As mentioned previously, the shower and toilet are in little cupboards with the sink in the hallway.

​​​

Last edited by richardhall99; Jan 20, 2023 at 1:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.