Diamond Benefit Enhancement ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Diamond Benefit Enhancement ?

I noticed this on loyalty lobby here:

https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/09/...riott-rewards/

It would seem that under the benefits, rather than it just saying 'upgrade' it says up to 1-bedroom suite upgrade.

I suspect it is re-arranging the deck chairs but still
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
I think that means as high as a one bedroom suite upgrade is possible. I don't think it means automatically an upgrade to a one bedroom suite (if available, of course).

I also don't think this is new...hasn't it been out since about January?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
The terms and conditions have listed a one bedroom suite as the max upgrade for over a year. See this thread quoting the t and c's from last year:
Hilton Diamond member suite upgrade issue
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
The terms and conditions have listed a one bedroom suite as the max upgrade for over a year. See this thread quoting the t and c's from last year:
Hilton Diamond member suite upgrade issue
That's a good example of the virtue of relying on original sources - here, Honors T&Cs - rather than a blog.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The main point here is Hilton making a play for disenchanted Marriott elites. Best line in the article:
Gold and Diamond members are eligible for breakfast for two at all Hilton Honors affiliated hotels (where it is a complete and utter mess at Marriott hotels where you need to have PhD to understand all the rules and even then carry a cheat sheet . . .).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
I don’t believe Hilton has changed anything as far as benefits to attract former Marriott customers...aren’t these just facts?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:24 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Not sure what the point of describing the room types in the T&C is, when upgrades remain at the property' s discretion. If a property wishes to upgrade a Gold to a suite then it will do so, while you still can't complain if you don't get any upgrade at all.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Moreover, if a property wants to upgrade someone (anyone in fact) to a two or three bedroom suite (perhaps because the hotel is full and the alternative is to walk the person), Hilton isn't going to try to object.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
They also updated the chart to mention "complimentary breakfast at all hotels" for gold and diamond. Is this going to be substantive change for some properties such as HHV who have been giving vouchers which don't even come close to the actual cost of continental breakfast?
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:19 pm

Seems odd to mention 1-bedroom - it all seems to be at the hotel's discretion. It's not like they've eliminated upgrades beyond 1 BR, and on the other hand, even getting to 1BR is unlikely as a diamond at most properties. The previously vague wording seemed to align much better with reality.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I will be interested to read about whether FTers experience any improvement in terms of suite upgrades, or if this is only semantics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.