Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Will my Gold status be recognized if booking via hotels.united.com

Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Will my Gold status be recognized, and will I earn Hilton points, if booking via hotels.united.com?
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
no, it will not
Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I figured that may be the case. Do you know what the difference is between 3rd parties like
  • Hotels.United.com (status not recognized/no points)
  • My Corporate booking tool (Amex Travel) (status is recognized/points are awarded)
Old Sep 8, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks. I figured that may be the case. Do you know what the difference is between 3rd parties like
  • Hotels.United.com (status not recognized/no points)
  • My Corporate booking tool (Amex Travel) (status is recognized/points are awarded)
The first is considered a non-hilton 3rd party booking and the other is considered a corporate travel agent booking (some corporate travel agent bookings will not earn based upon the agreement negotiated with hilton).
Question: Do Corporate Rates accrue benefits
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23127674-post192.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ird-party.html
No recognition of Diamond status when booking through travel agency
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Clear as day now 🙂
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
You can get benefits on a 3rd party booking. I use Hotels.com when i’m staying in places where there are no Hiltons. When it comes to redeeming the free night, it will usually be at a Hilton.

I make the booking, then call the hotel and ask them to add my HH number to the booking.

I’ve sometimes had upgrades, always had free breakfast and lounge access. Sometimes the booking even appears in the app.

Definately no points earning though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.