Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Argh just got Aspire 3 days ago - can I get 150k?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Of course they up the bonus right after I jump off the fence on this card

would it be hilton or Amex I call to see if they’ll give me the 150k bonus?

thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Call Amex.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
I also applied for it as the same time as you did. It seems like traditionally, American Express hasn't matched these offers. It will be interesting to see how the response is this time.

I've never been a big AMEX fan. The Aspire made me give them another chance. Let's see how well their "legendary" customer service works in the first instance.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Hyatt Globalist
got called and got instantly shut down. i got approved 3 weeks ago. super pissed.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Dayum....150k!! I got 100k to upgrade an Ascend card with no new credit pull, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But holy crap that's a lot of points...just seems to be another step towards HH points becoming Zimbabwean dollars.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Can somebody remind me on the deal on lifetime bonuses at Amex? If I have the Ascend, will those points count against a bonus if I open a new Aspire?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL reject, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Jelly of the Month, formerly NWA Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by pinniped
Dayum....150k!! I got 100k to upgrade an Ascend card with no new credit pull, so I guess I shouldn't complain. But holy crap that's a lot of points...just seems to be another step towards HH points becoming Zimbabwean dollars.
Or, more recently, Venezuelan Bolivars.
Where did you find an upgrade offer? I have the Ascend and would consider this option.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
Or, more recently, Venezuelan Bolivars.
Where did you find an upgrade offer? I have the Ascend and would consider this option.
I found the upgrade offer about 3 months ago buried in the long list of promotional offers when I was logged into my Amex account. I never got an email about it.

I was scrolling through the offers looking for any discounts on Hilton stays. I had 80 or 90 offers, almost all of them useless, but I had read here about some "Spend X at Doubletree Get a $50 statement credit" type promos. I didn't find any of those, but I did find the 100k upgrade offer. Same account number, no credit pull. I think there was a modest minimum spend to get the 100k but I easily blew through it in a couple weeks. Did it all online, Diamond reflected instantly, and the free night certificate took 2-3 months to arrive. (I just got it a couple weeks ago.)

Amex is now aggressively sending me emails to upgrade SPG to the Luxury card. I don't know how much appetite I have for another $450 card even though that one, like the HH card, also more than pays for itself if you use it correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.