Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Simultaneous Stays At 2 Different Properties

Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.

I have a situation coming-up where I will be at a trade show and don't want to lose my suite (very high demand) by checking-out and checking back in or I wouldn't try this, but I need to make a side trip by driving about 1,000 miles rt in a day during the show, and want to get a head start the night before by staying at another property around 250 miles away from where I will be checked-in for the trade show.

Will Hilton's booking engine and inventory management programs allow this? I don't care if I get points for the transitory stay.

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:54 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Sure they allow that- points only for 2 rooms and stay credit for 1 room. you can always book on 3rd party website if you really dont care about points.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:05 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I have a situation coming-up where I will be at a trade show and don't want to lose my suite (very high demand) by checking-out and checking back in or I wouldn't try this, but I need to make a side trip by driving about 1,000 miles rt in a day during the show, and want to get a head start the night before by staying at another property around 250 miles away from where I will be checked-in for the trade show.

Will Hilton's booking engine and inventory management programs allow this? I don't care if I get points for the transitory stay.

Thanks!
From reading other similar experiences on Flyertalk, it certainly can be done. However, if you book the one night stay in your name and Honors number, you will get the points and stay credit for that one night stay. When you later check out of your longer suite stay, the system may not award you the nights and much larger stay credits as you have already received a credit for one of those nights. You then have to start contacting Hilton Honors to try and resolve in order to get the points for the longer stay. As stated above, probably easier to book on 3rd party website or Hilton site without your Honors account number.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:13 pm

Unless you have an HH Mutual Fund Account, book via a third party or on HH site without your HH number so you get points for the more expensive stay with no hassles.
wizla likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Thanks everyone!
I'll go with a third party booking.
I'd normally go with Marriott, but they have no properties in the area.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
I did something similar where family and I stayed in a NJ property for 4 nights. After the 1st night, I did a one night stay in NYC at another Hilton property while the family remained in NJ. Both reservations were made in advance and Honors # included without issue. On check out, I got the NYC property points, but more than a week went by and the points for NJ did not post. However, after a very brief phone call to inquire, I was given the points and they posted while I was on the call.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:55 am
cjd

Originally Posted by jamflyer
I did something similar where family and I stayed in a NJ property for 4 nights. After the 1st night, I did a one night stay in NYC at another Hilton property while the family remained in NJ. Both reservations were made in advance and Honors # included without issue. On check out, I got the NYC property points, but more than a week went by and the points for NJ did not post. However, after a very brief phone call to inquire, I was given the points and they posted while I was on the call.
This is similar to what I told the OP in post no 3. I'm sure I've also read that some agents won't let you have the points for both rooms, on the basis that you can't be in 2 hotels on the same night. Perhaps not and as you state, with a phone call to Hilton Honors, the points may be allocated.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Crossing the dateline

Anyone crossing the dateline going back a day so you really have stayed in the hotel on the same date?
747FC likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Originally Posted by jamflyer
Same for me. Family on a 5 night stay. I had to emergently cover a presentation, flew out, 1 night stay, back to vacation in 18hours. A quick call to diamond line and got points for BOTH stays

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.