Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hampton by Hilton Dubai Airport {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hampton by Hilton Dubai Airport {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I was shown this as the hotel shuttle service below to/from the airport to the hotel. They bill themselves as an “airport hotel” that offers free airport transportation. Their schedule to/from the hotel is a joke. I’ve never seen such a silly airport shuttle schedule in my life. I arrive at 19:55 and would have to wait 2.5 hours for the next shuttle. It’s really deceptive that they claim to have a free airport shuttle which is one of the reasons I stayed here. How can they honestly claim
they are an airport hotel with a schedule like this? Is there another hotel shuttle bus I can take to a hotel nearby and walk?

Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:43 pm

Can someone please explain more about this property? Is it worth it or nice enough?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Can someone please explain more about this property? Is it worth it or nice enough?
What does that mean? What specifically do you want to know?
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ryanardo_daVinci

What does that mean? What specifically do you want to know?
Anything. Being that it is a fairly new hotel of its kind in Dubai by the airport, whats it like being by the airport? What’s the services like? Breakfast? Is there a restaurant? How does it fair as oppose to staying at a hotel in The city? What’s the shuttle situation like? (Doesn’t look good)
Old Sep 24, 2018, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Anything. Being that it is a fairly new hotel of its kind in Dubai by the airport, whats it like being by the airport? What’s the services like? Breakfast? Is there a restaurant? How does it fair as oppose to staying at a hotel in The city? What’s the shuttle situation like? (Doesn’t look good)
I’m pretty sure the rest of the thread has that covered. But just to be extra specific because it sounds like you haven’t stayed at an ex-US Hampton before:

It’s close enough to the airport to be convenient, but far enough away not to be a problem. There isn’t much around it but it is pretty close to a Metro station.

Its a Hampton, there aren’t any services.

Breakfast is not bad. Not good, but not bad.

I don’t recall seeing a restaurant, but they do serve a
very limited selection of food outside of breakfast hours in the breakfast room.

As I said in the opening comment, it’s a very good hotel. Nothing fancy, but has all of the important basis covered. In terms of quality per Dihram, it is unbeatable for Hilton’s in Dubai.

If you’re spending time in the city, I’d say it is worth considering if you travel by metro. Traffic is too bad for it to be worthwhile by car.

Shuttle has been discussed at length above. No point when it is 20 AED for a taxi and 50 AED for a limo.

Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:07 pm

I’m pretty sure the rest of the thread has that covered. But just to be extra specific because it sounds like you haven’t stayed at an ex-US Hampton before:

It’s close enough to the airport to be convenient, but far enough away not to be a problem. There isn’t much around it but it is pretty close to a Metro station.

Its a Hampton, there aren’t any services.

Breakfast is not bad. Not good, but not bad.

I don’t recall seeing a restaurant, but they do serve a
very limited selection of food outside of breakfast hours in the breakfast room.

As I said in the opening comment, it’s a very good hotel. Nothing fancy, but has all of the important basis covered. In terms of quality per Dihram, it is unbeatable for Hilton’s in Dubai.

If you’re spending time in the city, I’d say it is worth considering if you travel by metro. Traffic is too bad for it to be worthwhile by car.

Shuttle has been discussed at length above. No point when it is 20 AED for a taxi and 50 AED for a limo.

Thanks for the very specific info. Is there a way to walk to the hotel from the airport, or that’s not doable? Do they have restaurants nearby? Do they have suite to upgrade to?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:29 am
Original Poster

No, it’s too far to walk.

There is very little nearby.

There are only double rooms and twin rooms, that’s it. No executive, no suites. That said, being brand new, the regular rooms are nicer than many full Hilton’s i’ve stayed in.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:14 am

No, it’s too far to walk.

There is very little nearby.

There are only double rooms and twin rooms, that’s it. No executive, no suites. That said, being brand new, the regular rooms are nicer than many full Hilton’s i’ve stayed in.

Thank you for your review. At just 19,000 HHonors points, it seems like a good no frills redemption if you have to overnight in Dubai.

To get full value out of my Aspire card, I decided to book “The Walk” but the Hampton Inn is definitely a place I would redeem at if I have to overnight in Dubai in the future.

I would’ve thought being in Dubai they would offer a little more than what other Hampton Inns offer but from your description is sounds like just any other old Hampton inn, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I agree with everything in post #20 above and my friends found some amazing Iraqi food in the neighborhood before I arrived, one of the cheapest meals they’ve ever had at AED34 for two. Service in the hotel was really nice. I will add that the swimming pool was really good, much better than Hilton Garden Inn Al Muqurrabat in Deira.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

The pool as a pool is way better than HGI Al Muraquabat, but the HGI pool does come with an epic airport view.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
I agree it's good, but the Hilton Garden Inn Al Muqurrabat is better and often around the same price (even occasionally cheaper). I would choose that over the Hampton, unless the pool was important or if I was travelling from Terminal 2 and wanted somewhere quick and nearby.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would choose the airport Hampton, it was somehow nicer than the Garden Inn. The problem with the latter was the rather gonky people that were using it. It’s hard for a hotel to be even slightly classy if everyone who uses it is totally classless. The swimming pool area at the Hampton is much much better, view of the airport or not.
:D! likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

I need to report that construction work has started next door to this property.

The noice commences at 6am, 7 days a week, effects almost every room and even with the sealed windows is loud enough to wake me from sleep.

Based on what I know of the plans for the building being constructed, I expect this to last approximately 8 months.

Additionally, once complete, the pool and lounger area will only receive sun from 2:45pm to 4:30pm. At all other times it is in full shadow.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 2:30 pm

It COMMENCES at 6am? How bad does it disturb sleep?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

It’s enough to wake me four out of four days. I am a particularly light sleeper though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.